Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Some day I’m going to get all the musician figures in my collection together and have an adventure that ends in an epic battle of the bands…

Unfortunately, I’d probably have to use something with very abstracted mechanics (e.g., Fate) to get it to work at all.

As anticipated, I woke up at my usual time with respect to yesterday’s clock, so I started some sourdough bread with the extra hour to play with.  Speaking of epic, I expect my nap this afternoon will be. 

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 10

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday history trivia time on November 7th:

• 1492 – The Ensisheim meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, struck the Earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.

• 1885 – The completion of Canada's first transcontinental railway was symbolized by the Last Spike ceremony at Craigellachie, British Columbia.

• 1917 – The Gregorian calendar date of the October Revolution, which gets its name from the Julian calendar date of 25 October. On this date in 1917, the Bolsheviks stormed the Winter Palace.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

You might need to check the temperature in Florida, because I actually got some painting in today! Not a whole lot, only finished two, but I did get some work done and I'm hoping to get more done this week. I also started a bit of work on priming the new batch but I'm forcing myself to focus on what is in progress. However, I do need to experiment with getting dark elf skin figured out...

Of course, that does mean that nothing else got done. And I'm okay with that. Well, that's not 100% accurate. I did crank out a review for the anime blog and did a bit of work on the post-apoc minis game I've been modifying/creating. So, I got more than nothing done. However, no real cleaning got done or any other "adult" things that you're suppose to do when you're legal an adult. You know, putting things away, balancing your checkbook, etc.

I'm also debating about starting threads here with what I paint but I'm not very good. I think I'd rather humiliate myself on my blog. :lol:

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

However, no real cleaning got done or any other "adult" things that you're suppose to do when you're legal an adult.

Adulting is very overrated. It really is true, never be in a rush to grow up.

55 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I'm also debating about starting threads here with what I paint but I'm not very good. I think I'd rather humiliate myself on my blog. :lol:

Don't let that stop you, we like to see what people work on! Besides, I suffer from:

humiliations-galore.jpg.891ea06a854cf4cd3ef21f6f71b5b18c.jpg

But I mostly don't do threads because (a) I suck at taking photos (b) my good camera lens is mysteriously broken, and (c) I'm just too lazy to pop an SD card from the camera to my laptop. So pretty please, with sugar, share your work to make up for the lack of mine?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Random thoughts:  daylight savings time really needs to go away. I know this is the 'good' one since time went backwards and most people got an extra hour of sleep, but the whole general idea is dated and more trouble than it's worth, IMO

Even getting the extra hour of sleep (or perhaps because of it? ), I have no motivation to do anything today. Sitting on the couch and reading all day sounds quite appealing.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

If I can do it, anyone can.

Spoiler

Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.  Post it.

As for Orcs rocking out: 

image.png.b0e692c743c09c99495fa6e2a1875f76.png

Also via HeroForge.  No way to throw the devil horns, though.  And I'm a little disappointed that the ax isn't also an axe.

Or there's the old Goff Rockers from GW.  I hear that they were so wild whilst on tour that even Nuclear Krill won't go on the road with them.

image.png.16a69aea8bbfca84789c3d0c03679444.png

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Random thoughts:  daylight savings time really needs to go away. I know this is the 'good' one since time went backwards and most people got an extra hour of sleep, but the whole general idea is dated and more trouble than it's worth, IMO

But then we couldn't do the Time Warp... and we only get to do it twice a year. That's why you're tired, the Time Warp requires a lot of energy.

Besides, I didn't memorize "Spring forward, Fall back" for my clocks for nothing!

Dixie is limping on her paw, have to keep her still for her meds to kick in. Luckily, there is a Star Wars marathon on tv (the Ewoks are currently kicking Imperial butt). Unfortunately, the next ones up are made by Disney... in the words of one Gungan, "Ouch time."

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Meanwhile, in Alberta... We had a referendum to decide whether we should abolish daylight savings time. In a very narrow margin, we decided to keep it. 

Sadly true.  I hope we revisit it shortly, if other places choose the smart thing and just go back to Standard Time. I'm one of the lucky ones in that my internal clock is pretty constant even if external clocks aren't, and most of the time it doesn't matter what the clock says, if I get up and do my things at the same time every day. 

• Like 6

We went to a dinosaur show yesterday called Jurassic Quest. Darn thing cost us $100 (as a family) to get in, and at first it looked like it was going to be a waste of money because Sephy was so overwhelmed by the noise and the crowds. 

But things turned around when she saw the megaladon (she loves sharks). We went back through and she  rawred at all the dinosaurs and was brave enough to go in the bouncy houses and go down the slides. It was quite a relief to see her having so much fun. I don’t mind paying a bit for experiences, as long as she enjoys herself.

5125A094-D25B-4679-A1AD-032B352EFC8F.thumb.jpeg.d55bfa41d6348429d34e1f648f1f639b.jpeg

8646DDB6-1B09-4D16-AE97-395282DC289B.thumb.jpeg.fc850e76550ea383efc26bce3a3e2e72.jpeg

92057247-C7FD-4D0D-B62F-4A15070BCD05.thumb.jpeg.ad3231396b41769160afa1396ead719f.jpeg

And on the way home:

8B87765B-0B25-49DC-9D21-0CA9D2CE8AC5.thumb.jpeg.eb5c31ce2dac3350c8ff0b26d11d2b9f.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Luckily, there is a Star Wars marathon on tv (the Ewoks are currently kicking Imperial butt). Unfortunately, the next ones up are made by Disney... in the words of one Gungan, "Ouch time."

Imperial Walkers proved to be ineffective for the Empire.

Should've switched to Metric.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

When the guy came by to fix the issue with our washer, my old man took the hose off the back of the dryer, figuring that they'd need to move the whole stack or at least take off the dryer to get at the top of the washer. When he went to put the hose back on, he did his usual half-orced job of "fixing" things... (yes, I actually mean half-orced - it's decidedly apropos.) The end of the hose kept tearing when he tried to put it back on, and he kept trimming it back more and more. And then gave up, because the hose was two inches too short at that point. :rolleyes:

So I spent the past half hour fixing his "fix".

Now I just have to wait until he calls somebody to come fix the damn furnace, hopefully at some point this week,, so I have hot water and heat again.

Oh, yeah... Jack also has one week left at his job - I put in my two-week notice at the beginning of last week.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 10