Jump to content

Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This edition of What Happened Wednesday for November 10th:

  • 1871 – Henry Morton Stanley located missing explorer and missionary, Dr David Livingstone in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika, allegedly greeting him with the famous words, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?".

  • 1958 – The Hope Diamond was donated to the Smithsonian Institution by New York diamond merchant Harry Winston.

  • 1969 – National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuted Sesame Street.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
19 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

1969 – National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuted Sesame Street.

This explains how, ca. 1980 when Mr. Hooper had passed away all the muppets were sad and I had no idea who they were talking about - there was 10 years of history already.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RTB Pro-Tips! SKU#03712 Ogre Guard! 11-10-21.  Started at 11:34 AM.

 

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

 

From Reaper Discord:

Quote

 

Kwindylarue, Mrs. Buglips 🖤💀🖤 — Today at 8:45 AM

Sorry I forgot to post that there was no Crow's Nest yesterday But perhaps I will make up for it by posting early that Brinewind Studio Presents - Miniature's Den will not be on this afternoon - Luca is going out of town to host the Monte San Savino Show's online event this weekend

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I almost walked off my job today. Why? Paperwork. They don't want us to copy and paste. But the stuff we do is literally the same thing over and over again, so I have to repeat myself. I do try to change some things up but it gets so mind-numbly boring and I tend to go through patterns, so duplication is going to happen. So, they wanted to write me up. One of my bosses stepped in and said we would talk about it. We talked. If I had been written up, I would have walked. Because there are people who are copying and pasting. From my paperwork. And nothing is happening to them. So, I flat out said "if you write me up for this, and not everyone else, I will walk out the door." I have been busting my hump for months and this is what they want to talk about. Seriously. This is why they can't keep people.

Don't mind me, I'll be putting in applications until bed time.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I almost walked off my job today. Why? Paperwork. They don't want us to copy and paste. But the stuff we do is literally the same thing over and over again, so I have to repeat myself. I do try to change some things up but it gets so mind-numbly boring and I tend to go through patterns, so duplication is going to happen. So, they wanted to write me up. One of my bosses stepped in and said we would talk about it. We talked. If I had been written up, I would have walked. Because there are people who are copying and pasting. From my paperwork. And nothing is happening to them. So, I flat out said "if you write me up for this, and not everyone else, I will walk out the door." I have been busting my hump for months and this is what they want to talk about. Seriously. This is why they can't keep people.

Don't mind me, I'll be putting in applications until bed time.

Here's a thought:

Copy and paste then edit in some spelling, punctuation, and spacing errors.

When your "edited" c&p start showing up on other peoples paperwork you can then nail HR and any other "management" who are complaining.

That's the point where you drop an "H" bomb on them for Harassment.

GEM

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Here's a thought:

Copy and paste then edit in some spelling, punctuation, and spacing errors.

When your "edited" c&p start showing up on other peoples paperwork you can then nail HR and any other "management" who are complaining.

That's the point where you drop an "H" bomb on them for Harassment.

GEM

I already do something like that. I make errors when typing but don't bother to correct them just for that reason. I also write mine in a very particular way. And everyone knows this. But they're starting to do it anyway. And you think they care about harassment? I'm in an "at will" or "right to work" state. So, since there's no union, they can get away with a lot.

  • Sad 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CaptainPete If they really don't want you to copy and paste, they should go to written log books.  

 

<sigh> So the training session I did yesterday seems to have gone in one ear and out the other, as there have already been multiple phone calls and emails this morning from someone trying to do something I told them they couldn't do because it doesn't work like that. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

This explains how, ca. 1980 when Mr. Hooper had passed away all the muppets were sad and I had no idea who they were talking about - there was 10 years of history already.

[Channels inner Big Bird 🐥] My early years were in the 70s, so I still fondly remember Mr. Looper, uhm Hooper.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

I already do something like that. I make errors when typing but don't bother to correct them just for that reason. I also write mine in a very particular way. And everyone knows this. But they're starting to do it anyway. And you think they care about harassment? I'm in an "at will" or "right to work" state. So, since there's no union, they can get away with a lot.

Right up to the point where the entire business implodes.

We are in a tight labor market and, like you and everybody who used to work at this company, workers don't have to put up with toxic 'management'.

May you quickly find more suitable and less stress employment.

GEM

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Fact or fiction:

The Thames river in London has venomous sharks?

 

No Googling. 

 

I'll bite (ba-dump-ching!). I say fiction.

 

16 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

250018460_10223520847307099_3715931639358952019_n.jpg.00a065066b7c9e7e07bffc34f09ce92e.jpg

 

Honestly, I though the first priest was dressed as a Jedi on a budget before I read the word "priest."

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...