Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served in the military, and thank you for your service. Now, on to the trivia for November 11th:

• 1572 – Tycho Brahe (among many others) observed the supernova SN 1572, one of eight supernova visible to the naked eye in historical records.

• 1675 – Gottfried Leibniz demonstrated integral calculus for the first time to find the area under the graph of y = ƒ(x).

• 1921 – The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

It has been raining. A lot. Sufficient that the theory of, 'we will play Pokemon Go! It will get us moving!' has been.. of limited success (also, hi, we need new trainer friends. I promise, we're low maintenance). 

1770 5485 2443 if you're interested.

• Like 8

Woke up later then usual yesterday but made it up the FLGS in time to eat my dinner & get things ready for the game with no rush, fun night too. The party finished up Isle of the Abbey from Ghost of Saltmarsh & at the end the night everyone was glad for it. The traps were starting to get to the rogue, ha ha. I will admit not having a rogue would have been pure hell for them. The 2 encounters they fought were tough, but the one with the crystal minotaur was a fun but difficult encounter. The monk character really had it hard, as I placed the ghasts & the orgre zombie by the crystal minotaur statue. The monk moved into the room & attacked the ghasts by the statue. Ok np, he did his damage to one of them. The ghasts went before the ogre so they both move in & attacked. One hit him & paralyzed him. The ogre zombie was far enough away from the monk that he was drawn more to the paladin in the party (I've always have played that undead are more attracted by the holier characters then a regular class character, so it went after the paladin. Well, the minotaur activated due to the undead being attacked & wailed on the monk. Other party members also attacked. Next round.

The monk failed his save, so he stayed paralyzed, the ghasts went & before they moved towards the paladin & the rest of the party, the monk needed to make anther Con save, he failed again. So he was poisoned & paralyzed. The monk would proceed to roll 3 1s in a row!! He was taken out of the entire combat. The fighter with a 22 AC even started taking some hits thanks to the reaction of loose shards damage from the minotaur statue. The final blow was the best. The fighter is a eldritch knight so he took the disadvantage & hit the creature with a fire bolt. The minotaur had 2 hps left, so the rogue attacked it & killed it but it got to do it's reaction attack & did 15 pts to him before dying. :lol:

The best part of the night was the party fought the iron statues in the treasure room, got the treasure & then decided to go down the passage that winds it's way around it. The one with all the traps that it ends up with a ballista bolt for whoever opens the final door. HA HA.

Sweet, just got my notification from HLJ that the 2 Tamiya models that needed to be brought in have arrived & were awaiting my shipping provider. I went with a more expensive option, mainly due to the amount of stuff in the order + 1-3 days vs 1-3 months. Yah, I say that was worth the extra cost.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Woke up later then usual yesterday but made it up the FLGS in time to eat my dinner & get things ready for the game with no rush, fun night too. The party finished up Isle of the Abbey from Ghost of Saltmarsh & at the end the night everyone was glad for it. The traps were starting to get to the rogue, ha ha. I will admit not having a rogue would have been pure hell for them. The 2 encounters they fought were tough, but the one with the crystal minotaur was a fun but difficult encounter. The monk character really had it hard, as I placed the ghasts & the orgre zombie by the crystal minotaur statue. The monk moved into the room & attacked the ghasts by the statue. Ok np, he did his damage to one of them. The ghasts went before the ogre so they both move in & attacked. One hit him & paralyzed him. The ogre zombie was far enough away from the monk that he was drawn more to the paladin in the party (I've always have played that undead are more attracted by the holier characters then a regular class character, so it went after the paladin. Well, the minotaur activated due to the undead being attacked & wailed on the monk. Other party members also attacked. Next round.

The monk failed his save, so he stayed paralyzed, the ghasts went & before they moved towards the paladin & the rest of the party, the monk needed to make anther Con save, he failed again. So he was poisoned & paralyzed. The monk would proceed to roll 3 1s in a row!! He was taken out of the entire combat. The fighter with a 22 AC even started taking some hits thanks to the reaction of loose shards damage from the minotaur statue. The final blow was the best. The fighter is a eldritch knight so he took the disadvantage & hit the creature with a fire bolt. The minotaur had 2 hps left, so the rogue attacked it & killed it but it got to do it's reaction attack & did 15 pts to him before dying. :lol:

The best part of the night was the party fought the iron statues in the treasure room, got the treasure & then decided to go down the passage that winds it's way around it. The one with all the traps that it ends up with a ballista bolt for whoever opens the final door. HA HA.

Sweet, just got my notification from HLJ that the 2 Tamiya models that needed to be brought in have arrived & were awaiting my shipping provider. I went with a more expensive option, mainly due to the amount of stuff in the order + 1-3 days vs 1-3 months. Yah, I say that was worth the extra cost.

We didn't play that part. Pretty glad, we didn't have a full rogue, he multiclassed with ranger.

I know Grump added some other stuff in its place.

• Like 7

Remember that package I was talking about that was going from Florida to Calgary, but ended up in Norway?

Spoiler

November 9, 2021, 9:43 pm
Processed through Facility
VANCOUVER, CANADA
Your item was processed through a facility in VANCOUVER, CANADA on November 9, 2021 at 9:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 9, 2021, 9:42 pm
Customs Clearance Processing Complete
CANADA

November 9, 2021, 1:09 am
Customs Clearance
CANADA

November 9, 2021, 1:09 am
Processed Through Facility
CANADA

October 24, 2021, 1:17 pm
Departed
OSLO, NORWAY

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

I have spent far too much money this month. And I got paid yesterday... :ph34r:

Last night was better than the night before but I'm still going to buckle down and look for a new job. My tentative game plan is to save up some money between now and the end of the year, ask for a raise, and then get a new job when they say no. Because I could get paid the same for doing less.

In other news, I think I'm going to try to work on painting up minis this weekend to relax. And since no one is free to hang out and play some games. I'm also going to try and get my post-apoc minis game (really just expanding and fixing one that was published a few years ago and appears abandoned) finished up and try to get some people to try it out. After that, I'll be ready to work on some other games, including the Raygun Gothic game I want to make.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

If it's okay, I will pass that over to Andi? I know he only wanders through the forums at random, and would otherwise likely miss it.. 

Sure.  I no longer live within range of a pokestop so fair warning that I'm a bit spotty with the gifts.

• Like 7