Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Knipseld.JPG

My entire schedule revolves around this. I don't get extra sleep, I get to go to bed early and wake up early. But when you love them, you do it!

17 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Yum!  I'll have one of each, please.   Oh, wait, I'm making meatloaf tonight.  

I'll gladly accept a dinner invite. I'll bring mashed potatoes to go with it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been raining for... A week? Something like that. My boots gave up the ghost about halfway through my night. I swear, if I tripped, I would have drown! I was suppose to run to the bank today but that's not happening. I'm ordering pizza instead. I actually have $20 in my wallet, maybe I'll go somewhere tomorrow and make it into quarters.

Painting will happen tonight. I will make it happen.

• Like 12

Demonstration that everything in life has a cost:

Wife and I enjoy attending many of the Fathom Events TCM Classic Movies.  This month's offering was High Society, Grace Kelly's final film performance before becoming Princess Grace of Monaco.  It was the 65th anniversary presentation of this all star cast musical remake of The Philadelphia Story.  Fun fact:  The engagement ring she wears in the movie is her actual engagement ring from Prince Rainier III, a 10.5 carat rock!

Day went swimmingly, starting with finding a new Garden Center in Carson City with an awesome display of themed Christmas Trees [I know it's early but the amount of time and thought that went into each presentation is incredible and they will inspire a lot of creativity between now and Christmas], followed by traveling to Reno for dinner and the show.

We found a new Mexican Restaurant that compares quite favorably with the best of similar in Southern California, then the movie, which was everything we expected.

Unfortunately, the bill for having a good day was presented early and by the time we left the theater I was starting to experience migraine symptoms.  There were a total of 12 people in the auditorium but the sound level was set for a full house so my ears/brain took more of a beating than I can withstand.  Yesterday was spent "paying the bill" enduring a migraine with all the trimmings.  Today is better but still experiencing the reverberating echo of yesterday's ordeal.  Those of you who experience migraine know what I'm describing, those who don't may count yourselves fortunate.

GEM

• Sad 17

Ah, yes, and there are the flood warnings. Western Washington is, as they say, awash. Slightly soggy. Superbly saturated. 

I half expect to see fish in the ditch, when it's been raining this much. We need it; no lie. But ... dang. 

The Nisqually river is breaking records, if I'm not misreading the warning, and while I don't live anywhere near that, there's enough river in my immediate vicinity that I'm Keeping An Eye Out. As one does.

And.. heck migraines. Heck 'em to heck. 😕

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Ah, yes, and there are the flood warnings. Western Washington is, as they say, awash. Slightly soggy. Superbly saturated. 

I half expect to see fish in the ditch, when it's been raining this much. We need it; no lie. But ... dang. 

The Nisqually river is breaking records, if I'm not misreading the warning, and while I don't live anywhere near that, there's enough river in my immediate vicinity that I'm Keeping An Eye Out. As one does.

And.. heck migraines. Heck 'em to heck. 😕

Been paying attention to the local weather reports for Northern Nevada, which means we have been watching Washington State get hammered.

We keep getting little dribs and drabs from the systems hammering Washington.  We have had enough rain spaced out so that we have standing water on the normally dry lake that is visible from our rear of the house sliding door.

GEM

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

250631685_435547744609009_9058496362813346565_n.jpg.c69a619287392f09a50b14953595b57e.jpg

Been there, done that.

More like, "Oops, is that Sunday?"...   :rolleyes:

I'd probably need more than one hand to count the number of times I've killed a pair of 400-page books in the space of a weekend, lol.

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Today is national pizza with the works except anchovies day. There you go, problem solved.

Today was my last day at my former job - the boss went to Little Ceasar's...

6 hours ago, haldir said:

I know this feeling but with Diablo II & Battle.Net with a friend here in town.

I honestly have no idea how long it took me to inflict the "Plague of Hats", in TES: Oblivion... 

(I put a green hood on literally every last NPC in the Imperial City, right up to the Archmage himself...)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Can we cancel winter? Because my hands are already cold. I mean, would you really miss it this year? Like, really miss it?

I'm sorry, but no. Now that I live in a place that has 2 seasons--'hot' and 'not quite as hot',  I want to get whatever little bit of cooler weather winter will bring with it.

Yes, I know that is selfish.

I said I was sorry.

::P:

18 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'd probably need more than one hand to count the number of times I've killed a pair of 400-page books in the space of a weekend, lol.

Yup, I've done that, too.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3