Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Paint during December??? Ughhh, I might chance it, as the weather around that time isn't super cold here.

Sometimes I think they forget that winter is a thing that exists for most of the world.

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Can we cancel winter? Because my hands are already cold. I mean, would you really miss it this year? Like, really miss it?

Yes, we would. Come next summer’s droughts, we really would.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Satuday's edition of timeline trivia for November 13th:

• 1841 – James Braid first saw a demonstration of animal magnetism (mesmerism) by Charles Lafontaine, which leads to his study of the subject he eventually calls hypnotism.

• 1940 – Walt Disney's animated musical film Fantasia was first released, on the first night of a roadshow at New York's Broadway Theatre.

• 1954 – Great Britain defeated France to capture the first ever Rugby League World Cup in Paris in front of around 30,000 spectators.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

The rain finally stopped last night, so I don't have to worry about rafting to work when that comes up. Instead, we got fog all night last night, which seems to be hanging around. I don't mind it. Until I remember how much Silent Hill I've played. :ph34r:

No painting got done last night. Instead, I was on a roll with the post-apoc game I've been tinkering with. I really just want to get it done. Or just type up the notes I wrote... A couple of years ago? Damn. I really need to get on top of the projects I start.

I might also be hanging out with a friend later today. I'll try not to spend too much money. :lol:

• Like 10

On 11/11/2021 at 9:16 AM, kristof65 said:

Remember that package I was talking about that was going from Florida to Calgary, but ended up in Norway?

Hide contents

November 9, 2021, 9:43 pm
Processed through Facility
VANCOUVER, CANADA
Your item was processed through a facility in VANCOUVER, CANADA on November 9, 2021 at 9:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 9, 2021, 9:42 pm
Customs Clearance Processing Complete
CANADA

November 9, 2021, 1:09 am
Customs Clearance
CANADA

November 9, 2021, 1:09 am
Processed Through Facility
CANADA

October 24, 2021, 1:17 pm
Departed
OSLO, NORWAY

Complete circumnavigation of the globe, or did they just overshoot their target by a thousand miles or so? 

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

personal-foul-christmas-decorations-before-thanksgiving-15-day-penalty.jpg.5a306a6396bc045e5550c5414ee3b65a.jpg

Ha. Jokes on you. Thanksgiving was last month. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@Glitterwolf We may think we've seen everything so far, and then I come across these today:

image.png.d689f8a4b53b1b6718b0ea0af87c6232.png

Yes, you're all seeing it correctly: these are stroopwafels ice cream sandwiches.

Ah it finally reached your area? 😄

We have had Stroopwafel icecream for years over here. You can even buy it in liters with small pieces of wafles in it. It's gggooooddd.

Also we have stroopwafel liquer combinging that with ice is not frowned upon..😃

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

16 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@Glitterwolf We may think we've seen everything so far, and then I come across these today:

image.png.d689f8a4b53b1b6718b0ea0af87c6232.png

Yes, you're all seeing it correctly: these are stroopwafels ice cream sandwiches.

Huh, never thought I'd have a reason to go to Save on Foods... 

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sometimes I think they forget that winter is a thing that exists for most of the world.

Such sure seems to be the case, they were actually surprised at first as to why there are so many vocal people who want the holiday special paints, but are unwilling to risk it due to weather...  But we're also talking about an area of the world where it's 15C (60ish Fahrenheit) outside and you get a good long talk with the base MP's if your first thought is "it's a great day to go make use of that outdoor pool!".... Well, until they catch on you're Canadian...  Some time later. 

It's why my first comment each time they make changes to the paint line is "can this please be done during a time when most of the world doesn't have to worry about getting bottles of frozen paint in the mail?  A single frozen bottle of paint is devastating, because it's ALWAYS the one you were looking forward to the most..."  as for the counter of" you can always special order", nope, at that point I'll just give the money to another company, because not only is that literally just one colour of paint it's also at least a month to get it and then you get a nice big shipping bill too because you aren't at the free shipping threshold.   And then another month to get the package. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3