Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, haldir said:

It's called Lucasfilm spacing off that wookies have a full body costume, so they just gave Peter the mask & said "Run with it!!!"

So, it's been a few years but I'm pretty sure Ontario, OR & Salt Lake City are no where near each other. So I get a update on my HJL package from DHL today, which was good considering original date was next Tuesday, ok, np. It said it was Out for Delivery by the end of the day. Again, very sweet! When I left the house at 5 there was no package, since I know my area gets packages very late in day (aka UPS) or early (FedEx) & it's been awhile since I've had a DHL package delivery, so I had no idea when this one would show up. I get to the game store & decide to look up tracking info..now this is where the fun begins. It says the last scan was 13:22 in SLC (which for those that don't do military time that is 1:22pm.....Ummmm unless they use rockets or teleporting devices, I highly doubt they can make the drive from SLC to eastern OR to have a today delivery. <_<

Hopefully the damn thing at least made it to Boise, as tracking info never did get updated & it still says a Weds delivery. Well they got 12 mins....:rock:

Even worst part of this whole thing is, package made a stop in Cincinnati before heading this way. Last time I looked Japan is pretty much directly West of my location.....:rock:

Package arrived this afternoon!! Private local carrier did the drop & even rang the doorbell, waited till I got there & handed the box to me! Always happy to have a overseas order in hand, now just waiting for my order from CR to arrive. That one I did standard freight so it'll be awhile.

• Like 10

So last night at my FLGS, the party played a "side-trek" adventure due to the level differences between the Ghosts of Saltmarsh adventures. The adventure I'm running them through "The Haunting of Owlbear Lodge" is a tough adventure but it does have it's challenges. The creatures they are fighting are mostly variants of zombies, except for a few creatures so they have easily taken them out without much damage sustained, now the environment has taken it's toll on the players as there is a fungal spore in the air (thanks to a vengeful druid). Each room has a set CON save DC in it that the players need to make or they suffer 1 failed level on a chart that I have.  The chart corresponds to the Exhaustion Levels in 5e, except 5 is the player turns into a zombie. Well, currently out of 4 players, every player has 1 level (even a high CON fighter that just barely missed a DC), 1 player has 4 levels of exhaustion & 1 player has been turned into a zombie. We had to stop for the night/week with him being turned, so not next Weds, but the Weds afterwards, he gets to fight the party as a zombie PC!!! RAWR!!:zombie: (wow, I actually found a use for that emoji!!!! :lol:). 

I love that my group really got into the adventure, heck one player really didn't want to explore rooms due to the Con roll. I am very happy to call these guys friends.

• Like 9

Remember the story a couple days ago about one of my distributors wanting a cash handling part we can't get anymore? It happened again today. 

But not the same distributor, or part. 

This part was discontinued by it's manufacturer 5 years ago. We bought ALL their remaining stock. We then sent annual notices to our customers that the system was changing over to this new part as a gradual fade out.  New equipment started shipping with the new part 4 years ago. A conversion kit for existing equipment for the new part was developed and became available 3 years ago.  Two years go we ran out of all of the extra stock we had of the old part, leaving conversion kits as the only option.  This has been mentioned to distributors in annual notices and in various conversations with them. 

So what do we get today?  A Purchase Order for the old part.  When we tell them they can't get that part, they'll have to buy the conversion kit, and reference the notices they previously received about it, we get back an email that is basically a whining "I don't understand why you won't sell us this part. The customer doesn't want to pay for the conversion kit."  

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Remember the story a couple days ago about one of my distributors wanting a cash handling part we can't get anymore? It happened again today. 

But not the same distributor, or part. 

This part was discontinued by it's manufacturer 5 years ago. We bought ALL their remaining stock. We then sent annual notices to our customers that the system was changing over to this new part as a gradual fade out.  New equipment started shipping with the new part 4 years ago. A conversion kit for existing equipment for the new part was developed and became available 3 years ago.  Two years go we ran out of all of the extra stock we had of the old part, leaving conversion kits as the only option.  This has been mentioned to distributors in annual notices and in various conversations with them. 

So what do we get today?  A Purchase Order for the old part.  When we tell them they can't get that part, they'll have to buy the conversion kit, and reference the notices they previously received about it, we get back an email that is basically a whining "I don't understand why you won't sell us this part. The customer doesn't want to pay for the conversion kit."  

There are a lot of things in life I am required to pay for that I really don't "want to".

They need to have it explained to them as follows:

You were told when the part was discontinued.  We made provision by buying up all remaining inventory.

You were told every year subsequent that the cash handler was officially obsolete.  We had remaindered inventory in stock.

Two years ago we ran out of remaindered inventory.  You were told repeatedly that the only remaining option was the conversion kit.

If you still don't understand, your problems are at a level that we do not service.  Please seek remedial counseling

Now tell your customer to either buy the conversion kit or a complete new cash handling system. 

The alternative is to go to a manual system with a full time cashier on site.  Please be advised that we do not have the technical expertise required to troubleshoot manual cashier systems.  Such troubleshooting and repair requires licensed professionals in the fields of psychiatry and psychology, whose hourly rates are somewhere in the upper three digit range.

GEM

Who couldn't do your job as I do not "suffer fools gladly".

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Doubly so when ice gets involved.  Yeah, no hobbying or driving for me for a few weeks, but at least it didn't break...  Or be my dominant wrist that got seriously sprained.....

That sucks. Even when I tried to shoot my fingertip off, it was my non-dominant hand and could happily paint while stuck at home. 

• Like 4