Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, kristof65 said:

And it still took my parents 20 years to get one. 

So, as one of the, ummm, more experienced Forumites, I will note that the phone company (right around the breakup, IIRC) was still charging extra for push button phones and/or lines when I moved into my first real world apartment in 1982.  So resisting new technology may have had some understandable basis…

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

That sucks. Even when I tried to shoot my fingertip off, it was my non-dominant hand and could happily paint while stuck at home. 

Well, it isn't my dominant hand but can't hold anything, so it's really hard to do any kind of detail work, like sand the last few pieces of this kit I was working on... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Here's a few things that happened on November 19th:

• 1912 – George Emil Palade, Romanian-American biologist and physician, Nobel Prize laureate, described as "the most influential cell biologist ever", was born.

• 1916 – Samuel Goldwyn and Edgar Selwyn established Goldwyn Pictures (later to become Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer).

• 1922 – Yuri Knorozov, Ukrainian-Russian linguist, epigrapher, and ethnographer renowned for his role in deciphering the Maya script, was born.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

So Friday started off with a Jury summons in the mail.  In our county, a summons is for the entire month. 

I'm not really that upset about it.   We weren't planning on going any where in December anyway, and this summons means that my contract company can't send me anywhere, either.  I am supposed to go to Florida for an install, but they haven't yet told me when - just "sometime before the end of the year".  I was dreading them telling me last minute, even though I charge more for that. 

• Like 6

Well, work has been a mess. Previous shift boss doesn't do his job and left a ton for the rest of us. Had someone call out and they stuck someone else at the desk. The person who works our desk got called into a meeting with the bosses because someone else has been going off about how little the desk people get paid. And I'm really mad about this. I want these folks to get paid more but me saying anything about it will not help. I am willing to support them, when they're ready to make the moves for the pay, not start stuff with the people in charge over it. Thankfully, federal law allows you to discuss your pay at work. For now.

It's just a big mess and I'm tired of it. I keep looking for jobs but nothing is really looking good right now in my industry...

In other news, I got Carl's Jr. yesterday and had something very odd happen. I ordered a burger and a spicy chicken sandwich. I ate the burger and was still hungry, so I grab the chicken sandwich. I take a bite and the meat is a bit tough, kind of weird. As soon as I got my teeth through it, there's a rush of air. I thought there was an air pocket or something in the patty. No. There's no meat in the patty. It's a hollow breaded thing. I was more confused than anything else. Like, it looked exactly normal and I didn't notice the difference in weight because of the bread and lettuce and so on. I got a refund and put it in my fridge. Since I got it delivered, I'm thinking about walking up there tomorrow and showing it to them. I'm not mad, I got my money back, I think they might get a chuckle out of it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

In other news, I got Carl's Jr. yesterday and had something very odd happen. I ordered a burger and a spicy chicken sandwich. I ate the burger and was still hungry, so I grab the chicken sandwich. I take a bite and the meat is a bit tough, kind of weird. As soon as I got my teeth through it, there's a rush of air. I thought there was an air pocket or something in the patty. No. There's no meat in the patty. It's a hollow breaded thing. I was more confused than anything else. Like, it looked exactly normal and I didn't notice the difference in weight because of the bread and lettuce and so on. I got a refund and put it in my fridge. Since I got it delivered, I'm thinking about walking up there tomorrow and showing it to them. I'm not mad, I got my money back, I think they might get a chuckle out of it.

Friend of mine posted a picture of that same spicy chicken sandwich on FB the other day - the one she got not only had a big air pocket in the breading, but the center of the chicken was still raw.

IMO, Carl's Jr went way down hill when they merged with Hardees.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

hello all,

...... banner week, I guess, since I have been around most of it. Work today and then four more before a day off..... maybe. with the schedule changes , it might be more, who knows. I am trying to not stress over it, I mean the new store has not had a day off since she took over, like a month ago.  We will see how things go. Since work has been helter skelter, I have not even tried to make plans with the family for the holidays. We usually have a difficult time getting together anyways. 

I have been trying to back to the PbP and do some work on my fantasy campaign. I drew a map, nothing spectacular, but just to try to get an idea of where nations are in relation to each other. I threw into a KS for a new GURPS/DF book. I have restarted my monster conversion project, WFRPG to GURPS. Wife bought me a new pair of jeans for work. I had two pairs, both are a waist of 44, new pair she bought are a waist 40..... they are a bit big on me. The 44s are really baggy now, but a belt tells them to stay where I put them...lol. She mention that she thinks the next pair should be a bit smaller. I do need to do some more exercises, but I find it difficult. I know I need to start small, but not just yet. maybe in the new year. well I had better wrap this up. work looms on the horizon. 

• Like 8

It seems like the last hour of my workday has taken about 12 days so far.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I like my job, but it's been a week, and its definitely time for the weekend.

Can I just cash in my daylight savings time now?

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 8

26 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

It seems like the last hour of my workday has taken about 12 days so far.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I like my job, but it's been a week, and its definitely time for the weekend.

Can I just cash in my daylight savings time now?

If only . . . . . . .

GEM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1