Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

22 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

If I ever again have a pain free day I will know that I am officially dead.  ::(:

GEM

Who buys the industrial size bottles of painkillers on too regular a basis.

I've joked for years that if I ever wake up and nothing hurts, I check my pulse to see if I'm alive.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

If any of you were thinking of trying Little Caesar's M&M Cookie Dough Brownies... Don't.

They're terrible.

I tried their pizza once. 

Once. 

I can imagine the brownies are the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I have driven six different cars today. Twas fun yet expensive as the wife is getting a new Subaru Ascent. 

Two were just for fun, and my eyes bulged at the sticker price of one. Nothing quite like 4x your annual income (a Bentley Continental Speed edition).

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

When you read a paranormal romance, and there's a scene just like your first night with your new boyfriend. ::):

Our heroinne wakes up with her face glued to her new boyfriend's chest by her own drool. :lol:

That sounds like something that had to have had happened to the author to even imagine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

I have driven six different cars today. Twas fun yet expensive as the wife is getting a new Subaru Ascent. 

Two were just for fun, and my eyes bulged at the sticker price of one. Nothing quite like 4x your annual income (a Bentley Continental Speed edition).

I just found out this last week that my nephew who just graduated from Georgetown with a degree in International Studies and is currently studying for his Bar Exams has more student debt than our mortgage. :wow:

GEM

So how was the Bentley?

• Like 6

So I tried curling for the first time yesterday. [The ice sport with sliding stones, not the hair styling.]

It was an after work social activity, so I was curious if I'd like it or not, or if I'd have a secret innate talent for it. Turns out I don't.

Both my tibias are bruised, I fell and hurt my left ribs pretty bad, my poor blood circulation had my fingers cold all along even with gloves. A mixture of me doing intense cardio earlier at the gym, no caffeine all afternoon, and the free drink before the match made me more tired than expected with low blood pressure.

So... once a year is plenty for me.

Curiously, despite my poor balance, and still trying to manage how to properly throw the stones (can't quite decide on the right dominant leg), I've been told that I'm the "dangerous" type of player. The kind that throws too slow or too fast, but good accuracy. So my strength is better suited to knock rival stones out of the way.

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I'm always curious to see how a car that costs more than a house feels like.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

When you read a paranormal romance, and there's a scene just like your first night with your new boyfriend. ::):

Our heroinne wakes up with her face glued to her new boyfriend's chest by her own drool. :lol:

After I fell out of bed, trying to give you space that you didn't want. :lol:

We were adorkable!

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

I

So how was the Bentley?

8 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I'm always curious to see how a car that costs more than a house feels like.

I highly recommend getting one once your Powerball numbers finally get lucky. Out of the two, I’d get the SUV (Benteyga). You will guzzle the gas unless you get the hybrid electric (86 MPG, if you make short trips on electricity alone) but the regular MPG was on par with the wife’s Jeep Commander which is subpar. The one I drove had massage front seats and does 200 MPH. It drove like a sports car and was probably worth every bit of the quarter mill it costs. Window sills are a bit high so we felt like we were in a tub. A very nice tub.

The Continental had cup holders that would be unusable for us. We short, so with the seats forward, our arms would be constantly bumping the drinks. Oh, and on accelerating, the seat belts cinch up tight automatically. Very creepy. It’s nice, but were I gifted it, I’d try swapping to the SUV. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Here's a few things that happened on this day that you might (or not) find interesting for November 21st:

• 164 BC – Judas Maccabeus restored the Temple in Jerusalem (the Second Temple). This event is commemorated each year by the festival of Hanukkah.

• 1676 – The Danish astronomer Ole Rømer presented the first quantitative measurements of the speed of light.

• 1905 – Albert Einstein's paper that lead to the mass–energy equivalence formula, E = mc², was published in the journal Annalen der Physik.

Hmmm... lot of stuff involving light there: the Festival of Lights, the speed of light itself, and a formula using the speed of light.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3