Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-21 104942.jpg

"These are a few of my favorite things, Uzis and HKs and full-auto Thompsons..."

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Last Night's Dinner:

Basmati Rice

Ground Beef with Veggies and Cashews in a Kecap Boemboe and some Cucumber/Sambal/Prawn Crackers/Cassave Crackers and Seroendeng.

20211120_173149.jpg.c914f5effd8e7bcdc129e12bc7fdacc6.jpg

Tonight's Dinner.

Boerenkool Stampot ( Kale with Mashed Potatoes/Bacon and Smoked Sausage with Mustard)

20211121_174409.jpg.c1ecf59bdf179a7415fdee82da711bdc.jpg

No pics, but Thanksgiving Dinner after Church today...Baptist Ladies know how to cook. Turkey, Ham, Venison, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, dressing, homemade bread and rolls, green beans, and I'm not even gonna go into the desserts!

image.png.561d64d1c1efad54689335993770d93a.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday morning trivia for November 22nd (powered by caffeine):

• 1307 – Pope Clement V issued the papal bull Pastoralis Praeeminentiae which instructed all Christian monarchs in Europe to arrest all Templars and seize their assets.

• 1921 – Rodney Dangerfield, American comedian, actor, musician, and screenwriter, who chronically couldn't "get no respect", was born.

• 1995 – Toy Story was released as the first feature-length film created completely using computer-generated imagery.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Exhausted...  Spent the whole weekend cleaning and organizing and rearranging rooms in the house.  On the plus side our craft room traded a file cabinet for an entire desk and somehow still feels bigger, so there's that.  3 days of the old grindstone, and then Thursday afternoon I start dragging Christmas decor out of the attic.  I anticipate we'll spend at least 2 days at that, Mrs Wulf and I are planning to go all out with the Christmas this year.  She's finishing painting a plywood gingerbread standee for our front yard as I'm tying this.

Got a bee in my ear Friday, I've talked about it on discord a little, I'm plotting a little mini campaign to give my Sunday night DM a break as he just got a new job and will have to move 2 hours away.  Wanting to play a little something game loosly inspired by Matt Wallace's short story "Sundae" where the PCs are living toys protecting their kids from monsters born of their fears.  Trying to decide for sure on a game system I want to use, I don't have much experience with rules light systems and I feel like that would be good for this.  I've got Toy World (based on Adventurers!) downloaded and printed, as well as All The Little Things and Risus the Anything RPG.  PDQ is also a contender, and one of the guys in one of my other groups suggested looking at Fate.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these systems or other rules light storytelling/rp systems?

• Like 7

@Citrineyeah... Savage worlds is a great system for oddball games, but I was hoping for something more rules light that wouldn't take a lot of time for the other players to learn.
though, if this is something we end up going back to a lot it might be worth the time.  It's rare that I get an idea for a game that a system doesn't immediately tell me "Use This one!"

• Like 4

On 11/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, Cranky Dog said:

I'm always curious to see how a car that costs more than a house feels like.

My last job was at a company owned by a multi-millionaire, and the company shared space in the building with his extensive car collection, which was mostly Corvettes and McClaren race cars, but did have a couple Ferrari's and a Rolls Royce among other things.  Over the years I worked for him, I got to sit in a lot of them, ride in a few and even got to drive one of the Ferraris. 

I wasn't really impressed. I mean, they were nice and all, but the cost versus niceness ratio didn't really seem all that great. For example, one of the cars he purchased while I was there was 3x the price of a brand new Miata at the time, but it wasn't even 1.2x as nice as my Miata, which was ten years old at the time. 

My first email/issue this morning:

Distributor:  "I need parts for a model X, p/n xx-xxx, as from quote x Pictures attached."

Pictures are of a Model Y device, which has absolutely no shared parts with Model X. 

I'm not sure if it can go uphill or downhill from here. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3