Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Pfff... pikers, the lot off them.

You do not have true Gelatinous EVIL until you sample eels in gelatin. The good news is that they provide their own gelatin!

Just boil them and let them set.

Serve with vinegar, eat with a spoon.

The Auld Grump - Megan can confirm, I have served jellied eel for a steampunk game.

I can attest.

Not to the taste though. It did not make it past my lips, let alone touch my tongue.

Jon ate more than everyone else put together, his grandfather used to make it.

His grandfather is Scandinavian, Norwegian, I think. He used to go eeling.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ok, since it's now the day after Thanksgiving, I suppose it's appropriate to think about Christmas decorations.

253190778_10224013393694997_7498733105039308314_n.thumb.jpg.7edf02cde31efb6dfab3b7f15708e295.jpg

One can only think of the post on here about the person who had the "inappropriate" Christmas decos out & the irritating neighbor.....

Very productive morning here so far. Since I haven't used my resin printer since I had a failure, I went ahead & cleaned it up, changed out resins (thank you Shine Sing, your resin was a awesome surprise!) & finally went about scuffing up my build plate according to a web article on myminifactory. While I haven't really experienced failures do to prints not sticking, it's nice to have done it so it doesn't happen. I need to start printing out sahuagin minis for my FLGS game next Weds. Also placed my BF mmf order this morning + did a BF sale with gnomishbaazar & placed my first ever order with Micromark. A retailer I've been wanting to place, but never for quite a long time. Now, I'm just waiting for Monday for dndbeyond's cyber sale to pick up a couple books at discount.

Allot better day today then yesterday, that's for sure!

• Like 7

On 11/22/2021 at 5:59 AM, Cygnwulf said:

@Citrineyeah... Savage worlds is a great system for oddball games, but I was hoping for something more rules light that wouldn't take a lot of time for the other players to learn.
though, if this is something we end up going back to a lot it might be worth the time.  It's rare that I get an idea for a game that a system doesn't immediately tell me "Use This one!"

May I suggest keeping Teenagers From Outer Space on hand, if you need something to run on short notice. Or you want really lite rules... I have a review of it. :ph34r:

On 11/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, Citrine said:

My dad gave me some bad news yesterday, my mom, who is 73, has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and he had to put her in a home.  I can't believe he kept this from me, I talked to her on the phone just a few weeks ago, she just didnt seem that far gone.  I know she had some mild dementia, but I had no idea it had gotten this bad.  She does not recognize anyone anymore 😢

I have a sad. 

Due to Covid, I dont even know if I will be able to fly over the Atlantic to visit next year.

My dad's oldest sister had Alzheimer's. And his father had Dementia. And so did my dad's younger sister. Who took care of her father while he had it. So. I feel your pain. Especially since my aunt died from Covid before I had a chance to say goodbye.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:00 PM, haldir said:

Happy to see that none of the Christmas minis are new this year. I think I may even grab everyone of those at ReaperCon (metal bin shopping). Also, happy that you can pick up triads vs a set, thou I think they might have a better chance of surviving in the set with the foam. Oh wait, they no longer use foam in the cases, just a rack that does hold the paint firm in shipping...<_<.

I agree with you in regards to cold weather & paint. Reaper should do a "Christmas in July" sale for paint.

Well, I'm off to bed for a few hours before work tonight, supposedly we have a rather large order tonight (why...oh wait nevermind......<_<) + where I'm breaking the loads down right now might be cluttered with a table of pies from the bakery, since they chased me out of the backroom with all the junk we got a few weeks ago (yes, they haven't cleaned it up yet...shocking!) + who knows if PoS will show up or not tonight, it's always a gamble with him. If I don't pop on tomorrow, everyone that is celebrating, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving with family & friends or even if you just popping in a Turkey tv dinner into the microwave! Stay safe, everyone!

It's not just Christmas in July, don't forget our fair friends who live on the other side of the equator and get their cold weather when we're melting... :ph34r:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all.

It looks like y'all had a good Thanksgiving.

so did we, but I am paying the price today.

We had dinner as planned, I had the scrumptious Turkey Dinner [leftovers are in the fridge] and wife had a New York Strip Steak as she is not big on turkey.

After dinner we drove up to Reno and saw the new Walt Disney Animation Studios movie, Encanto.  It was extremely well done and I recommend it, regardless of your opinion of Disney Corporate Polotics.

But I am paying the price of admission in the form of a migraine today.  I'm about to the point where I need to take my DB Meter with us and monitor just how excessively loud the theater is.  I suspect people left after the movie with their ears ringing.

Hope everyone enjoys their leftovers.

GEM

• Like 9

Hey all,

Day 3 of 4. I did get asked to work last night and I said no. I feel a little bad, but I think I have worked more than my fair share. I know that the main office is giving us 117 hours.... that is less than 20 hours a week for the help we have. We have 4 full time and two part time, which mean the full times need, a min of 32 hours a week to stay full time. so let us do some math, 4 x 32 = 128 hours..... well that put us over on hours. 2 of the four FT employees are assistant stores who should get a min of 40 hours..... the Store managers, hours do not count against our hours whether she is there 8 hours or 80, she gets the same amount of money. 

Anyways. I am glad to see most of you had a good last couple of days. I hope your good times continue. For those who have had a rotten couple of days. I am sorry, I hope it gets better. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Black Friday shopping is frustrating when you see good deals on stuff you don't need, but used to.

Sure a new large screen 4K HDR 120hz TV would be nice, but my "old" one still works great and I don't have a reason to get rid of it nor another place to put it.

Same here - the sort of stuff I actually do need is the kind that's far too small to ever get a Black Friday deal.

• Like 8

Enjoy a Saturday dose of trivia for November 27th:

• 1830 – Saint Catherine Labouré, a French nun, experienced a Marian apparition (a supernatural appearance by the Virgin Mary).

• 1895 – At the Swedish–Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signed his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize.

• 2001 – A hydrogen atmosphere was discovered on the extrasolar planet Osiris by the Hubble Space Telescope, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I've found that it's generally pretty rare for stuff you actually, legitimately NEED to be on sale on Black Friday. It's mostly stuff that you WANT. Which explains why I just stay home and avoid the entire thing.

At my age there's rarely anything I *need* to begin with.  DH and I have used BF sales in the past to purchase big ticket items for the house.  I remember one year we got a nice microwave cart for the kitchen ('cause not enough counter space)  and a few years back we got a new microwave ('cause original died).  This year we bought a new electric blanket (one side on the old one stopped working last week).   Inevitably, within a week something else will break and we'll be cursing and asking why it couldn't have happened *last month*.   Mostly, I'm not seeing a lot of awesome sales this year.  They're like 10% off, or take 50% off on purchases over $100 (or some other minimum purchase required).  And Reaper's random paint in a cup offer for Monday feels more like they're cleaning out the warehouse than a special holiday sale. 

17 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

But I am paying the price of admission in the form of a migraine today.  I'm about to the point where I need to take my DB Meter with us and monitor just how excessively loud the theater is.  I suspect people left after the movie with their ears ringing.

Hope everyone enjoys their leftovers.

Ouch!  Hope you feel better soon.  We had awesome leftover turkey, bacon, stuffing and fresh garden tomatoes on sourdough for dinner yesterday.  Maybe for lunch today too. :)  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Enjoy a Saturday dose of trivia for November 27th:

• 1830 – Saint Catherine Labouré, a French nun, experienced a Marian apparition (a supernatural appearance by the Virgin Mary).

• 1895 – At the Swedish–Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signed his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize.

• 2001 – A hydrogen atmosphere was discovered on the extrasolar planet Osiris by the Hubble Space Telescope, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.

1948 - The long running early day Children's Television Program Kuklah, Fran, and Ollie premieres.

• Like 8