Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Sunday Sunday... time for trivia for November 28th:

• 1582 – In Stratford-upon-Avon, William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway paid a £40 bond for their marriage license.

• 1814 – The Times of London became the first newspaper to be produced on a steam-powered printing press, built by the German team of Koenig & Bauer.

• 1919 – Lady Astor was elected as a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. She was the first woman to sit in the House of Commons. (Countess Markievicz, the first to be elected, refused to sit.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, TripleH said:

She's doomed. All it takes is getting it to the painting desk, and there goes the character. 

At least that is what happened to me last night. 😢

Sorry to hear it, buddy.

We'll need to wait 'till this coming Friday to see if her character lives or not.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Last night, Jack did something wild and totally unreasonable - He dumped all his Bones minis into a large plastic drawer, filled it with water and half a bottle of dish soap, and cleaned ALL OF THEM...

It's going to be so much fun spending half the day figuring out which bits go to which figures again.  Also, I think I may have dropped one or possibly two pieces down the sink as I was rinsing them off.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Last night, Jack did something wild and totally unreasonable - He dumped all his Bones minis into a large plastic drawer, filled it with water and half a bottle of dish soap, and cleaned ALL OF THEM...

It's going to be so much fun spending half the day figuring out which bits go to which figures again.  Also, I think I may have dropped one or possibly two pieces down the sink as I was rinsing them off.

This can be prevented by putting a piece of coarse weave cloth under the drain plug before filling the sink.

Looks like somebody gets to "play plumber" and dismantle the P-trap to check for mini-bits.

Good Luck.

GEM

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

only for the more well to do people. Poor folk just said "we;re married now" and that was that. Sometimes with traditional (often very pagan and not at all acceptable to the church) rituals and such. 

Jumping over a broom, and having their hands tied together with colored ribbons.

Grump and me did that for our handfasting, for "a year and a day".

Four months in, we went " screw it, let's get proper married."

So we did. ::):

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

On 11/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, Corsair said:

image.png.93c40dc5d103f1be13f8e8e05f12b880.png

In Ontario this is call excessive amount of cops, since it's usually 2 cars per stop, with 1 cop per car....:rolleyes:.

Well, hell, seeing it's only going to be 19.99 per book (excluding preorders) on DnDBeyond, my CyberMonday buying may either be very limited or nothing. Considering, Storm Lord's Thunder is already 18.00 (I bought the critters awhile back) & my other book was Strykhaven (pre-order), kinda useless CM sale for me. I did end up picking up some more Epic miniatures stls off Myminifactory today, so I guess that makes up for it.

• Like 7

Here's some historical happenings for your perusal for November 29th:

• 1877 – Thomas Edison demonstrated his phonograph for the first time.

• 1929 – U.S. Admiral Richard E. Byrd led the first expedition to fly over the South Pole.

• 1972 – Atari released Pong, the first commercially successful video game.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2