Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Actual CNN headline:  World's first living and self replicating robots reproduce like Pac-Man.

I had to read it, 'cause it sounded interesting, and it is.  

I also had to read it because my first thought upon seeing it was 'Great, this is how we get Terminators.'

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I also had to read it because my first thought upon seeing it was 'Great, this is how we get Terminators.'

Yah, this was my first & only thought regarding that article. :lol:

Anyone notice the Discord banner/logo thing has gotten bigger since yesterday? Is it going to expand so much that it finally takes over the forum? :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Finally printing stl files again. Hopefully I can at least get 2 figures out today, one is a large figure so it's gonna run around 5 to 6 hrs. The other figure runs around 3 to 4, but I need to print 2 of it out. I also re-filled the black ink on my Epson Ecotank printer today. Looking at the info sheet I printed. 8-19-2019 was my first page that I printed & I've printed 2,834 total. Pretty damn good investment I must say.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Anyone notice the Discord banner/logo thing has gotten bigger since yesterday? Is it going to expand so much that it finally takes over the forum? :angry:

Discord actually did take over Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum; i.e., the folks that posted in painting/building threads now chat on Discord.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Finally printing stl files again. Hopefully I can at least get 2 figures out today, one is a large figure so it's gonna run around 5 to 6 hrs. The other figure runs around 3 to 4, but I need to print 2 of it out. I also re-filled the black ink on my Epson Ecotank printer today. Looking at the info sheet I printed. 8-19-2019 was my first page that I printed & I've printed 2,834 total. Pretty damn good investment I must say.

We have one of these and the cost for ink has dropped a whole bunch.

Only problem being, we aren't printing much right now so the print heads need to be cleaned more frequently as the ink tends to dry out between printing sessions.

GEM

• Like 4

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Well crud, thought about checking my print, since the plate was over the vat enough to see the "mini" & all I was getting was supports.....again. Back to the drawing board so to speak in this regard....::(:. It appears my plan to have some variety of sahuagin minis tomorrow night is put on hold & I will just be using bases & Nolzur's & Reaper Tiik figures.....sigh.

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

Discord actually did take over Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum; i.e., the folks that posted in painting/building threads now chat on Discord.

but hey at least we all get new emojis now!!! 🐿️(yes I know it says chipmunk, but this now a squirrel!!)

29 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

We have one of these and the cost for ink has dropped a whole bunch.

Only problem being, we aren't printing much right now so the print heads need to be cleaned more frequently as the ink tends to dry out between printing sessions.

GEM

I print enough each week for my games, that I don't have that problem. Buying print ink was such a pain the 🐴 (closest animal to what I wanted to post....) for me I felt like I was making blood sacrifices to the elder gods whenever I had buy a cartridge. Helps tha when I bought this printer I was able to sacrifice my old Canon to Best Buy for it. ^_^ (Bring any printer in & get up to 50 bucks in trade towards a Ecoprinter.)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Actual CNN headline:  World's first living and self replicating robots reproduce like Pac-Man.

I saw that, and my first thought was "oh broccoli, someone's attempt at making a pleasure-bot went far beyond what they intended." My second thought was "we might end up needing Harrison Ford from Blade Runner after all.

I did read the article after that. Not exactly robots in the traditional sense and thought. Worth a read of the article.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, haldir said:

Yup its rather glaring and annoying to say the least. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ah, the typical life of the hobbyist....  Package ships out on Monday, Monday night that same company gets a bunch of new tools in that are on your list... 

You're faring better than me. Made an order from Concord, ON on Nov.22, tracking shows that it was processed in Winnipeg, and then showed it being processed in Montreal on Nov.27, which is further away than where it had started from. And yet it still thinks that it'll be delivered by today.

• Sad 8

10 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You're faring better than me. Made an order from Concord, ON on Nov.22, tracking shows that it was processed in Winnipeg, and then showed it being processed in Montreal on Nov.27, which is further away than where it had started from. And yet it still thinks that it'll be delivered by today.

Sound about right for CanadaPost...  UPS had a fun system sillyness for me earlier today...  Had it diverted to a nearby ups store because I'm at work.  First email is from the company I bought the items from, saying it was delivered.  Two hours later UPS MyChoice emails me to let me know it's ready for pickup.  An hour later UPS MyChoice is all "hey, you have a package coming in tomorrow" - it was referring to the one that's ready for pickup now, lol... 

With CanadaPost I have a few delivery estimates... One for Friday, one for Monday, and one for Tuesday.  I'm curious which one will reach me first since they're all effectively from the same area... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3