Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Corsair said:

image.png.2a3441b16be9c4e4725e04d0ceedbcc3.png

Timely. I have a funeral this weekend for my favourite uncle. This suits his personality perfectly. He could be a complete jerk at times but he respected me so we never had any problems. He helped me personally more than anybody else in my life. He's something of a legend in these parts for crazy things he'd done and yet had tons of good advice for people. He was 79 and his health wasn't the best the last few years so it wasn't a huge surprise. He checked himself out of the hospital, went home and had a heart attack. My aunt just said he chose when and where to be when it happened. Going to miss him.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

Wheee, today is the day... I get to talk to a doctor and see what they figure it'll be for additional time (friends are thinking another week or two, I am thinking similar), but the healing on the wrist steadily improves.  Slower than I'd like but yeah, that's how it goes with a serious sprain. 

• Like 8

Well, doctor's visit can be summed up as follows... 

FREEDOM! 

It'll be a bit before I can hobby, but at least the splint is off.  Biggest question is whether or not physiotherapy will be needed, but that's a question for 1-2 weeks from now.  It's tender as all sin, but I have orders to... Move it around!  Play with a squeeze ball!  Shower...!  Yeah, okay, those are some things I can do, just get me talking and arms go flying all over the place! 😛

• Like 11

Well, I guess Hubby’s paternal grandparents passed away (they didn’t like him, so he had no relationship with them. But they left him a little bit of money, so Christmas is going to be nice and plush this year. We’re going to spend that money on stuff they wouldn’t have approved of 😆

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Fun but frustrating night the same for FLGS game night last night. One of my regular players couldn't make as he wasn't feeling well. He did text me before the game & told me he was ok, just not well enough to make it down. We had a couple new players as the AL DM had to cancel that night due to he was in charge of the store's float in the upcoming holiday parade, so they were put into my game. They were both kids, but they knew how to play the game, or at least one of them did. They were total opposites from each other when it came to the rules of the game, ha ha. The kid that knew how to play the game was a sorcerer & the kid that wasn't into the game was a fighter. Since they brought characters that were 2nd level & my campaign is currently at 6th, I bumped them up to 5th level, which excited both, especially the sorcerer player.

While we didn't do as much as I planned, as we had to spend roughly 30 to 40 mins with bumping up both their characters first, the group did have a couple combats & did some exploring & such. Here is where the frustration part of the night set in, the fighter player didn't really pay attention & when it came time, for his turn, he was kinda lost. Luckily, one of the other players helped him along. I don't mind, as we all need to start somewhere, but just tell me from the beginning, the other players & myself especially will help you along.

It was a noisy night as Weds night are also the MtG Commander night for the week, plus with the new players it did make for a bit for running the game.  We didn't start "Final Enemy" so my troubles with my resin printer were all for naught & I get anther week to get things going with that. All in all thou, players leveled up at the end of the night & the kids may come back to be included in the campaign. So all in all it was a good night, just trying sometimes. I did find out there is a Stargate SG-1 RPG which is based off of 5e rules, so if I ever thought about sci-fi/modern elements to D&D, there is always that. Also since I didn't make it up there last week due to the holiday, always good to catch up with the owner & employee for a bit. 

• Like 7

Your dose of daily trivia for December 2nd:

• 1804 – At Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Napoleon Bonaparte crowned himself Emperor of the French.

• 1970 – The United States Environmental Protection Agency began operations.

• 1988 – Benazir Bhutto was sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan, becoming the first woman to head the government of an Islam-dominated state.

And today is Molly's birthday! Celebrate with us by spoiling your four-legged companions, canine and feline alike!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2