Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Well, we are a country that gained it's independence through force... so I guess you could say our rebellion lives on in via our notation.

Also, 20 more shopping days until Christmas (21 actual days, but nothing is ever open for shopping on the day). And look out for delivered-package thieves!

A decent amount of liquor stores are open... 

• Like 4

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Well, we are a country that gained it's independence through force... so I guess you could say our rebellion lives on in via our notation.

Also, 20 more shopping days until Christmas (21 actual days, but nothing is ever open for shopping on the day). And look out for delivered-package thieves!

A decent amount of liquor stores are open... 

I'd say if you're buying liquor on Christmas, that's less "shopping" and more "coping" (for whatever reason, be it family/visitors/whatever). But, yes, you are correct.

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Lets not forget about the Chinese Restaurants operated by actual Chinese.

GEM

Sadly, we don't have one anymore. The last remaining Chinese restaurant in town was sold to a new owner, moved locations across the street, and now also does sushi, which changed the type of rice they use for their fried rice (it's now fried sticky sweet rice, probably made from the leftover they use for making sushi...). No idea who owns it. Haven't tried the sushi, my town isn't the kind of place where you expect fresh fish delivered daily, but I could be wrong.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Jenny recommended Leverage as Eberron inspiration.

So far, yeah, she's right. ::): I can see something like that for an Eberron campaign.

Leverage is a great show. We were just watching some of the new episodes.

20 shopping days until Christmas, and I’m done with most of my shopping. I have a couple friends I want to get things for, but I need to talk to them first.

• Like 6

On 12/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, Corsair said:

image.png.3ad905dc353a75edcdbef13650d1b572.png

No, I'm Mad.

59 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

So far, yeah, she's right. ::): I can see something like that for an Eberron campaign.

Leverage is awesome. Everyone should watch it, including the new revival...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Our ratio is two episodes of Leverage, one episode of The Boys - because one of us is too squeamish to watch a second episode of The Boys.

And it's not Megan.

The Boys is a great show, but....

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Sunday's edition of historical happenings for December 5th:

• 1766 – In London, auctioneer James Christie held his first sale, beginning the British auction house Christie's.

• 1901 – Walt Disney, American animator, director, producer, screenwriter, and co-founder of The Walt Disney Company, was born.

• 1945 – Flight 19, a group of five TBF Avenger torpedo bombers, disappeared while flying over the Bermuda Triangle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3