Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the trivia (that you may or may not find interesting) begin for December 7th:

• 1932 – German-born Swiss physicist Albert Einstein was granted an American visa.

• 1936 – Australian cricketer Jack Fingleton became the first player to score centuries in four consecutive Test innings. (Maybe that will perk your curiosity to look up the sport of cricket... and attempt to understand it?)

• 1972 – Apollo 17, the last Apollo moon mission, was launched. The crew took the photograph known as The Blue Marble as they left the Earth.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

So I picked up a Tamiya Senna McLaren XP kit awhile back in my Hobbylink Japan order. I knew I wasn't going to paint it box color (McLaren orange or some variation of that & black), now thou I can't decide what color I wanna do the body in. Figured I'd ask opinions here. I have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 "colors"

McLaren-Senna-XP-d.jpg

mclaren-beverly-hills-commissions-three-

The black on this is carbon fiber, so that is handled by decals, then it's red & blue colors on various parts. The wing has the appearance of the Union Jack flowing the wind behind. One of my favorite parts is the wing + the UJs on the seats.

McLaren-Senna-34.jpg

Vega blue. It's a pearl blue. Some of the photos of this color (same car) are just drop dead gorgeous! Most of the black colors are carbon fiber on this one too.

800px-McLaren_Senna_IMG_3280.jpg

Finally, Volcano Orange. Similar to McLaren Orange but has a deep metallic sheen to the orange. It's similar to it, but it's a strikingly great color on the car. Most of the black on this one is also carbon fiber.

Btw, this is the McLaren orange color. Nice, but I want a bit more bling to the paint scheme for this one.

McLarenSenna_P15_-M5971-06WIDEEDIT_2000x

• Like 9

2 hours ago, haldir said:

So I picked up a Tamiya Senna McLaren XP kit awhile back in my Hobbylink Japan order. I knew I wasn't going to paint it box color (McLaren orange or some variation of that & black), now thou I can't decide what color I wanna do the body in. Figured I'd ask opinions here. I have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 "colors"

McLaren-Senna-XP-d.jpg

mclaren-beverly-hills-commissions-three-

The black on this is carbon fiber, so that is handled by decals, then it's red & blue colors on various parts. The wing has the appearance of the Union Jack flowing the wind behind. One of my favorite parts is the wing + the UJs on the seats.

d4d76f4f-mclaren-600lt-blue-100.jpg

Vega blue. It's a pearl blue. Some of the photos of this color (same car) are just drop dead gorgeous! Most of the black colors are carbon fiber on this one too.

800px-McLaren_Senna_IMG_3280.jpg

Finally, Volcano Orange. Similar to McLaren Orange but has a deep metallic sheen to the orange. It's similar to it, but it's a strikingly great color on the car. Most of the black on this one is also carbon fiber.

Btw, this is the McLaren orange color. Nice, but I want a bit more bling to the paint scheme for this one.

McLarenSenna_P15_-M5971-06WIDEEDIT_2000x

Gotta go with that top Graphite Gray color here!

• Like 5