Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

My sister, who grew up around firearms, was attempting to keep her offspring firearm free, including toy guns.  She finally gave up when one of the boys made a gun out of toast.

GEM

Young Whippersnappers with their toast, sticks and branches....

We had to do this:

Schermafbeelding 2021-12-15 154542.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Me three weeks ago to rest of service team & management:  Please review these support wiki pages and let me know if you think the group is done enough that I can link to the main page or if I should complete some more of the needed links first.

Service team & management for the last three weeks: <crickets chirping>

Service manager today: Do we have any documentation on how to do X

Me: sends links to corresponding pages that I asked everyone to review. 
Service manager: why can't I see those links on the support page?
Me <what I said in the Teams app>: because no one, including you, gave me any feedback on whether they were ready to publish

Me <what I said out loud at high volume in my office to no one in particular>: Broccoli you Bob! I broccoli, broccoli, asked you three weeks ago for feedback, and got nothing but broccoli silence!

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

well back to work for three days before vacation..... still no word from the job I interviewed for. today makes a week, so I am trying not to get down, either they want me, or they do not. it is that simple. if they do, then great, if not well back to the drawing board and the current job. 

not really doing much of anything as I have to be at work in 2 1/2 hours and no point in dragging anything out just to tinker around for an hour and then have to put it all up.  Youngest turned 15 and dragged home a kitten last night. My cat is not happy. My cat was the youngest of our three... now four. My Bassett just wants to mother the kitten and my Dachshund just wants to play. 

I got to play some AC Odyssey last night, just basically ran around doing whatever to get my level up so I can do the next mission. The opponent is a level higher than me, so make a rough fight. Also had a nice conversation on the Reaper Discord about GURPS. 

I hope everyone is having the best day they can have. 

• Like 10

My community is sending a disaster relief team down to Kentucky this Saturday (led by a reputable man who has done this for at least a decade). Tomorrow they're doing a supply drive at the local fairgrounds. I went out to one of our local chain stores to buy some blankets and other things to send. After price checking and doing all the quantity breakdown for my allotted budget, I happened to ask the manager if they might be able to provide a discount since it was going to Kentucky. They didn't have much power in their own right to make a big discount, but were able to give me the military service discount (10% which is still generous, and frankly more than I'd hoped for), so I was able to go grab more blankets and pillows to send. And they helped me carry it all to the car.

Moral of the story: if you are going to buy and send any relief supplies for Kentucky, ask the store you are shopping in if they can possibly give you a discount. The worst they can say is "no."

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

My sister, who grew up around firearms, was attempting to keep her offspring firearm free, including toy guns.  She finally gave up when one of the boys made a gun out of toast.

GEM

I think there's something genetically ingrained with boys and weapons, my son also started making weapons out of things before we'd introduced them to him.

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Pfff, heading for  Teams meeting about the reorganisation.

Union and the Military have stopped talking to each other so stuff is delayed.

Basically it means we all need to apply for our own ( or a different) position again in the new organisation form.

Eventhough they say there will be no real issues it's still something I hate to go through ( again and again it seems).

Holidays are coming and we might have to do interviews just before or just after those.

Not the best of times to do so and certainly not while we're supposed to work from home as much as possible etc etc...

Anyway, I hope things will work out, just one or two more of these rounds, 4 years and 8 months to go...

went through that last year - my condolences

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1