Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about kind of vanishing for a bit, work was crazy and I was tired and trying to catch up on stuff.

Speaking of work, last week was a nightmare and I mentioned to the HR person (who had to cover the desk) that nights like that make me just want to quit, I'm so overwhelmed and ground down and just... Done. She says "please don't quit." As soon as I leave, my coworker overheard her saying that I'm "easily replaced." So... I'm going to give her the chance to test that assumption, as I'm applying for other jobs. Also, if I go, two of my coworkers say they're going to quit, too. We're all currently planning our exits, trying to time it around the same time.

It other news, I got a summons for jury duty tomorrow but my number wasn't selected, so I get a four day weekend. One of which has been wasted waiting to find out if I had to do jury duty tomorrow. And I've been waiting for the apartment's "blinds guy" to come measure my window all damn afternoon but I don't think he's showing at this point. And since I work nights, I kind of NEED blinds... :ph34r:

• Sad 12

I may have bitten off more than I can chew. 

Trying to get as many Warmaster minis painted in time for a game we have planned in two weeks. Just finished up 34 stands of orcs this evening that I've been working on for the last week. Still have another 14 stands to go, and all my orcs are finished. At the same time, I've had the 3d printer churning out human cavalry, and I'm realizing that I probably won't get as  much of it painted/finished as I want to. 

• Like 9

Well, aside from being the lead actor in The Witcher, he's also fairly well known for playing Superman in the past few movies.

He's also fairly well known for being into Warhammer and various other 'nerdy' stuff.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thursday's offerings of historical happenings for December 16th:

• 1773 – Boston Tea Party: Members of the Sons of Liberty dumped hundreds of crates of tea into Boston harbor as a protest against the Tea Act.

• 1937 – Theodore Cole and Ralph Roe attempted to escape from the American federal prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay; neither was ever seen again.

• 1947 – William Shockley, John Bardeen and Walter Brattain built the first practical point-contact transistor.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it up the FLGS last night. I came home from work yesterday morning feeling fine, but I got something to eat, sat down & watched a bit of tv & I started to get "blurry/fuzzy" vision & started to develop a headache. I say "blurry/fuzzy" I could see but the corners of my vision started getting spotty. I'm not sure what was happening as the last time I felt this was a trip to Wallyworld for groceries & it was a good thing I had the cart to lean on as I'm not sure I could have walked straight. Luckily this time I was sitting down. I'm thinking maybe it was what I fixed to eat (leftovers from dinner the previous night), who knows? Eventually I went upstairs & tried to sleep it off. I slept for like an hour or 1-1/2. I woke up with a banger of a headache then, but the blurry vision had subsided, so I took a hot shower, hoping that would help my head & get me back to sleep. I woke up again around 430. I still had the headache but I felt allot better. I didn't bother getting something to eat before the game.

Game night was ok, we had a couple new players thou. One player was visiting over the holidays, she was new to the game, but played her class pretty well (rogue) & the other player came to watch the game, a friend was playing but eventually decided he'd play (barbarian). He was ok, but a bit distracting as well. The game went well, but with the lingering headache I was glad when the night was over. Found out, the store won't let me use partial points for a D&D hardback, which is fine. I just gotta figure out what I'm gonna due to with roughly 28 points by Jan 1st. Most likely will either use them on a couple 10 dollar Wizkids Unpainted & some snacks, or might just let my players use them for in game snacks.

Also solved our "small" Christmas dilemma last night since my son wants to watch his football team (Packers) play on Christmas & I work that night, that left little time that day to go to my parents for festivities & such. My mom & I just decided to hold everything on Christmas Eve this year. Makes sense, due to no work for me that morning or night, no football games. My wife works till 3 that day, but we've planned for the evening.

• Like 11