Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was supposed to be "moving day".  Got hit with a surprise over the weekend, that being we have to pay for the truck rental up front because of people in the past having caused problems with interstate moves.  Long story short, as it was an interstate transaction the bank flagged the debit card and our efforts to try to unscramble the situation ended up with the card being locked and reported as stolen.  Got it all straightened out at the bank this AM.

Currently waiting for the crew chief to get back to the rental place so we can complete the rental.  So loadout will happen tomorrow,  We drive up to the Carson City area on Wednesday and have stuff delivered on Thursday.  Spectrum is scheduled to do an inspection and hopefully install on Friday, so there will be "radio silence" occurring until then.  Hopefully they will be able to lay the cable and get the basic hookup all done on Friday.  I explained that it will take 200 feet plus of cable to get from the street to the house "so bring a fresh spool of cable".  We'll see if they are actually paying attention.

I'll probably post at least once more before I pull the plug on the internet here.

I'm so looking forward to having my new office/hobby space.  The north light into the room is going to be very good for painting and model building.

GEM

• Like 9

On 6/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

An observation:  Additional storage devices are a special class of "stuff".

Have you ever noticed that the larger the storage devices get the faster they seem to fill up?

GEM

Well, clearly, being larger objects they have a greater gravitational pull, thus, they fill up with stuff faster, lol. ::D:

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider double feature?

17 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Turn it into an Eastwood binge and add The Outlaw Josey Wales.

I have Pale Rider and Josey Wales on a combo disc... I think I may throw them in sometime this week.

One of these days I should just find one of those 5- or 10-disc Eastwood movie collections...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I helped my brother haul stuff to the dump and vacuumed my house (tho I fear my vacuum is finally dying 😭😭😭); this qualifies as having been productive today, right? Right?!?

/naps

That does count!

Now you deserved the nap!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

My girl's brother will help me fix it. Punp worked about four times. Now it doesn't as soon as you fill it the water drains away so it's a leak in the tube that's in the pipe or the valve got stuck and doesn't close anymore.

20210607_112551.jpg

Where's the water?

If there was a leak in the pipe I'd expect to see some water around the pipe, although from your description it appears that there is a second pipe inside the one that runs off to the top of the photo?

Unfortuately not something I can diagnose from a photo. I'm guessing that the pump is either on or off and isn't a pressure pump?

One day I'll post a photo or two of the pumps I have to work with :-P

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1