Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is Pokemon Go obsessive about the players making new friends? 

(I don't mind. But I've run into three or so quests now with a requirement to 'make a new friend!' and I am slightly baffled by how the heck people just.. do that. ^^; )

.. there is supposed to be yet more snow tonight. It's still cold enough to make Mr. Freeze consider his life choices. 

I have Learned Things about our roof (it's naked. It shouldn't be naked. *sigh*) and have been enchanted by all the little birds taking advantage of chicken feed largesse.

And the quail, of course, but the quail didn't let me take their picture from five feet away.

20211229_101140.thumb.jpg.117f3a66218d23a731ffc671d1bb2af3.jpg

I only had to attempt to upload it three times..... 

Edited by Sylverthorne
Pictures. Maybe.
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Does Brainz2Mush sound like a good name for a death metal band? Asking for a friend with so little musical talent that a genre that appears to consist mostly of drowning out the offkey in extremely loud really is his best bet at even a lackluster career.

• Haha 12

Your edition of historical happenings for December 30th:

• 1924 – Astronomer Edwin Hubble formally announced existence of other galactic systems at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

• 1953 – The first ever NTSC color television sets went on sale for about $1,175 (USD) each from RCA.

• 1981 – Wayne Gretzky scored 5 goals and an assist in Edmonton's 7-5 win over Philadelphia, giving Gretzky 50 goals in 39 games, the fastest 50 in 50 in NHL history ("50 in 50" meaning 50 goals in a team's first 50 games of the season, not in a player's first 50 career games).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

1981 – Wayne Gretzky scored 5 goals and an assist in Edmonton's 7-5 win over Philadelphia, giving Gretzky 50 goals in 39 games, the fastest 50 in 50 in NHL history ("50 in 50" meaning 50 goals in a team's first 50 games of the season, not in a player's first 50 career games).

And Edmonton still won't shut up about him 😛

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

As mentioned in the Dpt. of Acquisitions I got some presents for Christmas, and one of them was a crockpot my girl bought for me.

Yesterday I made the first dish in it…

I’ve gotten less use out of my crockpot lately than I used to, but, oh boy, it was used a lot (A LOT) when I was in my “single parent of a sports child” phase.  Time shifting dinner preparations to the morning when I was awake was great, and it was always a relief to stagger in from the ice rink knowing that a hot stew, or pot roast, or pork roast with sauerkraut was waiting for you, with no additional effort needed.

• Like 10

19 hours ago, kristof65 said:

the one that I go to in Clive IA has Vallejo (Scale and Air, and I think some Game), Testor's Model Master and Tamiya. 

I've got some of both of those brands, too.  I thought I heard that Testor's Model Master had also gotten the axe, but a quick check of their website says otherwise. They have cut down on the number of colors, though. 

3 hours ago, Arkady said:

Does Brainz2Mush sound like a good name for a death metal band? 

No. It just doesn't make me think death metal at all. Honestly, with the funky spelling, it makes me think of just about anything other than metal.

Obituary, Six Feet Under, Suffocation are all good names (and already being used) for a death metal band.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, apparently I have done something to annoy the squirrels in my neighborhood. I just took the recycling outside and one squirrel sat up about 10 feet up up in my tree and just chattered at me the whole time I was outside.

:huh:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

And Edmonton still won't shut up about him 😛

Like they have much else to crow about... :devil:

The weather has been weird the last 24 hours. The temps went up and all the snow melted. And then when I got up last night, it was freezing. Like, literally freezing. After I got to work, it started to snow. And it stuck. Not much to it but it was enough to slow me down. And then it stopped. And then it rained. And then, in a very much F-U, it started RAINING and SNOWING. So. Yeah. I'm very much done with this wintry crap! <_<

In other news, we have settled what game we're going to play: All Flesh Must Be Eaten. When we last left this game, the characters had gotten on to a helicopter and gotten out of the city... And then the engines started making an odd sound. So, yeah, perfect place to pick back up AND give me the perfect place to introduce new characters. Man, 2019 me was thinking smart. :lol:

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

The weather has been weird the last 24 hours. The temps went up and all the snow melted. And then when I got up last night, it was freezing. Like, literally freezing. After I got to work, it started to snow. And it stuck. Not much to it but it was enough to slow me down. And then it stopped. And then it rained. And then, in a very much F-U, it started RAINING and SNOWING. So. Yeah. I'm very much done with this wintry crap! <_<

Yah, we are finally getting the snows that hit the west part of the state. Most snow we've had out there since Snowpocalypse of '17. We definitely need it, but I'm not one for it. Hopefully we get some water out of it for springtime.

• Like 9

Yeah, it's (my) Friday!

This morning started off with a call from a guy who was upset that the upgrade he did recently seemed to have screwed up his settings, his evidence for which was a transaction that he said wasn't possible. 

Troubleshooting this transaction revealed that it happened the day BEFORE the "guilty" upgrade supposedly changed things. 

I was trying so hard not to laugh as I explained all this to him. 

• Like 11