Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I can’t stop sneezing. 

Spent New Year’s Eve sick in bed most of the day, but with hubby’s help I managed to make my hopping John. I think it was the best hopping John I’ve ever made too. 

Anyway, recovered a bit later in the night, so I was awake enough to kill zombies with hubby to ring in the new year. Our kidling fell asleep on the floor at around 10pm.

I’ve varying degrees of cruddy feeling all weekend. Not the covid though, just run of mill sick.

• Sad 15

Waiting to go get my Covid test.  Co worker was positive last week, and I started feeling cold symptoms on New Year's Eve through now.  So I get the the today and tomorrow off until I have a negative result.  All of the take home tests are sold out, so I get to go get swabbed from my car.

One the plus side, I did have the time this morning to pull my Kindle Unlimited history and list the books I  read over the last year.  144 books; not including any physical books I happened to read.  I'm going to try and keep better track this year.

• Sad 15

9 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

well, I guess I recovered from New Year's Eve if I am still awake now. Of course I think I slept most of yesterday, except the parts where I was driving, I hope I didn't sleep through them. 

Funny story... My dad dropped by on Friday and we got to talking. Now, my dad has a lot of issues. Not just medical but mental as well. He's a Vietnam vet with BPD/PTSD, narcolepsy, and the worst case of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) you've ever heard of. And that's just the tip of the iceberg... Anyway. A while back, he ran out of meds for his RLS and went two days with out it. He got maybe four hours of sleep out of those 48 hours. On the second night, he had a dream that his wife was driving the van to go help someone move. And then he woke up in the van. Since he had just woken up, he thought that he had fallen asleep while they had been driving and it wasn't completely a dream. he gets out of the van and goes to knock on the door of the house he's parked in front of and asks if they know where his wife is. Did I mention that it's like 5am? And he's parked on their front lawn? Yeah. He was. After they got him to leave, he drove the van back and found out that he was just around the corner and up the road from home. He had driven the van, while asleep, to this random house, pulled up their driveway, and then onto their front lawn.

He went to the doctor right afterwards and got his meds. The ones he had been waiting for had been in the mail and turned up a few days later.

This? This is my life. :zombie:

And last night, at work, I got to deal with a garage flooding because a storm drain was blocked and no one told me about the 30+ foot across, six inch deep puddle in front of a door. <_<

• Sad 16

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Waiting to go get my Covid test.  Co worker was positive last week, and I started feeling cold symptoms on New Year's Eve through now.  So I get the the today and tomorrow off until I have a negative result.  All of the take home tests are sold out, so I get to go get swabbed from my car.

One the plus side, I did have the time this morning to pull my Kindle Unlimited history and list the books I  read over the last year.  144 books; not including any physical books I happened to read.  I'm going to try and keep better track this year.

No need for the sad faces.  This is the mildest "cold" I have ever had.  Hopefully that means that I am Covid free.  If not, my company is good about paid time off for this, and I get to work from home until it runs it's course.

And I'm adding another book to my total.

• Like 12

So the other night at work, we waited & waited for the truck. After calling dispatch after 6am & I got no one, I finally called the other close store over in Idaho, as the manager there use to work at our store. So I ask him if he got a truck yet, since 95% of time we are together. He said "no one gets one tonight." I was like but we get Saturday loads. He said "nope, not until next Tuesday night. Company decided that they were gonna delay orders for store that had them Tuesdays over the NY weekend, thus putting us back on a regular track for receiving loads. I was like "Well, sheep, sounds like Joey (my boss) forgot to tell me an important detail yesterday."

So the asst mng came in Sunday morning & I told her about the load & she said we should have gotten at least a FAR order (which is just the computer ordering, no human involvement). She would check emails & such & see what/why happen, etc etc. So we used a full 3 man x 8 hrs each labor for a non-load night. HA HA HA. (I love it!) Well at least my co-worker & I cleaned up the mess the "Big Man on Campus" did when he tried to hide his giant backstock from the order he did. Amazing what we cleaned up that night.

That reminds me, I need to put in my ReaperCon vacation request, as I told her I would put it up at the first of the year. I think I may even put in a request for the end of February/early March as I need a vacation out of this town. I may see my wife wants to go to the Oregon Coast for a week or so.

• Like 12

When watching an Adam Savage build on Tested, does anyone else find themselves cringing at (a) his lack of safety when spraying rattlecans indoors or (b) the abuse his paint brushes take? Granted, he's using very cheap brushes (and his last name is Savage...), but I still wince.

I guess his jest about calling his autobiography "Bypassing All the Safety Features" really is quite fitting.

• Haha 8