Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Long drive in the best of weather.

Hope you didn't encounter too much snow and ice.

GEM

If there's snow in that weather I think we have bigger problems...  Either that or Red Bull has build machinery that somehow makes snow in rather warm weather (their tech for Crashed Ice can keep the track frozen even with it being something like 15C outside) 

• Like 6

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Home and back to work after a long weekend to go visit my family halfway across the state (for those of you that don't know that much about Texas, a 6 hour drive only gets you halfway across).  Got to my parent's house just as the roads were starting to ice and then didn't leave the house until yesterday after they had thawed.  My kind of trip but it's good to be back home now.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

On this day in 1984, Judas Priest released the album 'Defenders of the Faith'.

...Which, er, may have made about, ah, $30 less in initial sales <cough> than it otherwise would have, due to a, erm, certain young "entrepreneur" who <cough> sometimes jokingly referred to himself as <ahem> "Half-Price Harry"...    :down:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

.... New year Same old broccoli... Boss ordinally gave me the week off, to recoup. I do not feel the best, no, it is not Covid, just tired and worn thin on my 'taking broccoli', that and 10 years of a fairly inconsistent schedule. Never know for sure when I will be off or even if the day off will be a day off. makes it difficult to plan fun things, like painting, gaming with friends. Well, I know it is because the other Assistant Manager called in on Sunday with Covid.... so, he is out 2 weeks. the new hire is also sick, so she is out as well. No rest for the wicked, as they say. Just for the record, I am very tired of making the CE Overlord look like a choir boy. I have been slowly working on my PbP. Also thought I would try to start up my Discord group again. I have been thinking of starting another group as well, but 'too many Irons in the fire' and none will get done. I did 'find' a new document that I need to look over. A guy stated up some 'animal PC races' for GURPS. the one I have skimmed through look cool and could add a bit more 'flavor' to my homebrew world. 

I hope everyone is have the best day/year that they can. 

• Like 10

Got to spend last night at the same place that flooded the night before. Because it wasn't raining nearly as much last night. Of course, it decided to pour on my way home. <_<

And I'm slowly convincing my group to switch over to Rifts because I think it can tick every box. Except, you know, for a good system. That wasn't in purple for a reason. I was looking over the core book, and Palladium Fantasy, and I realized just how *old* the ideas are. It's like a time capsule of... I don't even know. I've talked about this before but I just can't get over it. And, yet, I still buy books for it on occasion. :ph34r:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

And I'm slowly convincing my group to switch over to Rifts because I think it can tick every box. Except, you know, for a good system. That wasn't in purple for a reason. I was looking over the core book, and Palladium Fantasy, and I realized just how *old* the ideas are. It's like a time capsule of... I don't even know. I've talked about this before but I just can't get over it. And, yet, I still buy books for it on occasion. :ph34r:

There's a lot of good ideas and cool stuff in Rifts, but almost everyone I know uses it as a source book, not a rules set. 

Today is just cold and grey, like you'd expect in January.  Going to spend the day painting and then make a meatloaf with gratin potatoes for dinner.  

• Like 8

I always thought RIFTS was an interesting game that I would have liked to play, but I just couldn't really wrap my head around how to have a Samurai, Gandalf and a 30-ft-tall mech with a rail gun in the same party without half the party being irrelevant in combat and the other half irrelevant outside of it.

• Like 10

We  tried character gen in RIFTS.  all I remember is that I was some kind of druid and my dagger did MDC damage - ie I could get into a knife fight with a tank and win.   or knock down small buildings by stabbing them. 

I could also summon a grizzly bear!  who did not do MDC damage, and would be useless in a fight 

my brain broke at this point,  I guess I could use the bear for intimidation and the dagger for combat? 

the books were pretty and the settings full of imagination.  but I had no desire to try the system. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

image.png.37209c61401e7fb51db0b72edf9f47e5.png

I can't speak for everyone else, but it's not like I've been trying to hide it. I mean, I've repeatedly stated that I'm a big, bald, weirdo who likes to hang out in swamps. If that's not telling you all I'm actually an ogre then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11