Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

image.png.37209c61401e7fb51db0b72edf9f47e5.png

When the hell have I ever pretended to be human? lol

<----- That's not just my avatar, it's also my driver's license picture.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 16

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sadly, just a plain human here. No mystical beast pretending to be a winged horse. Just an allegory to my natural tendencies and nature.

Hunting down and eating mystical creatures, preferably smoked or grilled, now that’s something entirely different.

Citrus brined and sage rubbed phoenix is absolutely to die for repeatedly. Add in some tender slices of gnome with a nice sprinkling of powdered forest fairy, and you’ve got a feast!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Well sheep....

It appears taking 5 days off at our warehouse in Utah wasn't the brightest idea this company has thought of. Trucks have been delayed all day.  Day loads haven't left yet & grocery loads won't leave till around midnight. 

Boss asked who wants to take tonight off & come in tomorrow night for the load. I haven't had a day off since last Weds night, so I told him I would take tonight  + coworker is prob asleep right now anyways. Gonna screw over my game night again,  but it is, what it is.

• Sad 12

10 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Got to spend last night at the same place that flooded the night before. Because it wasn't raining nearly as much last night. Of course, it decided to pour on my way home. <_<

And I'm slowly convincing my group to switch over to Rifts because I think it can tick every box. Except, you know, for a good system. That wasn't in purple for a reason. I was looking over the core book, and Palladium Fantasy, and I realized just how *old* the ideas are. It's like a time capsule of... I don't even know. I've talked about this before but I just can't get over it. And, yet, I still buy books for it on occasion. :ph34r:

I remember... fondly?... Rifts from my college days in the early 90s. Interesting setting, poor mechanics and balance.

Has anyone taken a look at the Savage Worlds edition of Rifts that was on Kickstarter? i.e. Savage Rifts. I haven't looked at any of the reviews, but it could be the nice update everyone needs.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9

Wonder at what point in a family tree is worth stopping? After our small genealogy discussion, I played around and hit a breakthrough, and I am googling lots of halls and towers in Lancashire, birthplace of ancestors nearly a literal millennia ago (I am 60 years short, right now).

I mean, I’m pretty sure if any of these people were brought back, there would be near zero DNA evidence we were related. Gah. Engineer brain. Had to calculate the theoretical percentage. Less than a millionth of a percent, if I discount the kissing cousins and that one guy who seems to have married his aunt. 

At that point, can I consider them still family?

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Wonder at what point in a family tree is worth stopping? After our small genealogy discussion, I played around and hit a breakthrough, and I am googling lots of halls and towers in Lancashire, birthplace of ancestors nearly a literal millennia ago (I am 60 years short, right now).

I mean, I’m pretty sure if any of these people were brought back, there would be near zero DNA evidence we were related. Gah. Engineer brain. Had to calculate the theoretical percentage. Less than a millionth of a percent, if I discount the kissing cousins and that one guy who seems to have married his aunt. 

Ask your self this question:

If they hadn't been born, and lived, how would it affect your lineage?

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Ask your self this question:

If they hadn't been born, and lived, how would it affect your lineage?

GEM

Oh, I realize that. Them chunks of code had to come from somewhere! It's just to the point where I theoretically have a million grandparents to shop for, and that's a bit of a chunk of money come Christmas time.

Hope they like sand grains.

• Haha 8

I make a point of not buying anything for anyone I have not spoken to at any point in time in or around the holiday of gift giving in question. Family trees though, Well, I like the idea of following them back as deep into the roots as you can go.  As far back as you can find records and history

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Most people keeping going back into their family tree until they find royalty and/or an infamous outlaw.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2