Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 1/4/2022 at 9:46 AM, CaptainPete said:

Got to spend last night at the same place that flooded the night before. Because it wasn't raining nearly as much last night. Of course, it decided to pour on my way home. <_<

And I'm slowly convincing my group to switch over to Rifts because I think it can tick every box. Except, you know, for a good system. That wasn't in purple for a reason. I was looking over the core book, and Palladium Fantasy, and I realized just how *old* the ideas are. It's like a time capsule of... I don't even know. I've talked about this before but I just can't get over it. And, yet, I still buy books for it on occasion. :ph34r:

Have you tried out the new rifts stuff? I’ve been playing a game (as a cyber knight) and it’s pretty fun. Balancing the encounters is a little tricky, but it’s doable.

• Like 7

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, sumbloke said:
13 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I stopped listening to my parents' findings once they got to roots in Scotland. Knowing I have genetic right to wear a kilt was enough for me.

My surname makes it obvious I qualify to wear a kilt. Which clan's tartan would you wear?

I'd have to ask... because I stopped listening after hearing "Scottish." I have a tailor-made kilt from a trip they took to Scotland decades ago, but I haven't worn it in about the same length of time, and don't remember the tartan enough to recognize it.

• Like 6

Yah about them doing things to help us out, eh is all I'm gonna say.

On the weather, I go to sleep around 530 pm & wake up to snow covering the areas that had melted off. At 148 am, it's still coming down.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Have you tried out the new rifts stuff? I’ve been playing a game (as a cyber knight) and it’s pretty fun. Balancing the encounters is a little tricky, but it’s doable.

What new Rifts stuff? 

Still made by Palladium, or by someone else?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

What new Rifts stuff? 

Still made by Palladium, or by someone else?

It’s by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. Technically it’s “Savage Worlds: Rifts”. From what my hubby and Nick (our DM) have said, they’ve reigned in a lot of the ridonkulous rules problems that Palladium’s stuff had. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well today is my long day. 12:30 - 9:30. I have not much time before I head off to work and other errands. Snow on the ground and like 9 degrees out there. I hate the cold, but at least I can dress for it. anyways, I used some of my Christmas money to buy a couple of PDFs for GURPS, that I feel will help me in my fantasy 'campaign'. I also think I will purchase the Low- and High-tech books from Amazon. I am hoping I can get stuff sorted out and start up a group that meets on a regular schedule.... It is not a high hope, but a very tiny hope. We have been having internet problems of late as well. Went to go post this and it was out again.... but obviously it now back up...

Well, I hope everyone is having as great of a day as they can, and it continues to get better for the rest of the year. 

• Like 9

Family tree update, hit yet more royalty. One of Henry I’s illegitimate sons. I feel that’s redonkulous but have not much to refute things. 

Most of these are coming from FamilySearch, which is the LDS/Mormans. I know some on here may be against, but there’s another free source of genealogy.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-05 212949.jpg

Glitter is the decorative equivalent of an STI. You can guess which one. :devil:

18 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I've just returned from the Dollar Tree, where I picked up a movie called Clown Motel... It's apparently a horror movie about some ghost hunters and a few other people who stop at a motel one night and decide to spend the night there despite there being no employees around anywhere...

After a night of partying they discover they're being hunted by...someone.

Is it a serial killer, or the souls of the clowns who used to live there? (Seriously.)

Do I actually care enough to watch enough of the damn thing to find out?

I paid a dollar for it, so I suppose I should throw it in and watch the damn thing, but my confidence is not high that I won't be wasting my time.

EDIT: Ye gads, IMDB says there's like SEVEN of these damn things.... 😨

This sounds like an "alcohol mandatory" film.

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Savage Rifts? I haven't tried it but I don't think it's for me, as SW doesn't have enough grit for me. I do like SW, but not for everything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2