Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Yesterday was a heck of a day.  Fresh truck came a day early, so the boss stayed to help, my co worker got 'sick' so I sent her home and asked the boss to come back near close, as you can not close the store with just one person, so I ran the store for about 1 1/2 hours by myself. I still got done what the boss wanted plus finished off the rolltainer of food that was started that morning.... I threw 3/4s of it. I did not hurt as bad I usually do when working that long of a day, I did hurt, but I threw fresh truck. 

Day off today, so doing laundry and trying to work on other things. 

• Like 10

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I think I prefer when my kinder doesn’t get a nap during the day. When she has no nap, she falls asleep in like, 5 minutes. Then I can go play video games. She slept in the car for 25 minutes earlier today and now she won’t fall asleep. Toddlers are monsters.

I always thought that they were tyrants? Or are tyrants like toddlers? :lol:

Finished up my last night of the work week and have ordered Carl's Jr. I have ordered too much food this week but I really don't care. I am also waiting on some packages, and since they're books, I have to stay up so I can get them. The weather has been fierce today, I don't think they'd do well in the mailbox...

And since you all got me on a roll thinking about my thoughts on Rifts, I think I'll being putting together an article for my gaming blog. I don't look forward to having to point out not just the flaws but the "old ways of thinking" that tends to pop up in the books. :zombie:

I mean, a bunch of white guys from the Midwest tried to write about Africa. And failed. Spectacularly. :ph34r:

• Like 8

On 1/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, CaptainPete said:

Savage Rifts? I haven't tried it but I don't think it's for me, as SW doesn't have enough grit for me. I do like SW, but not for everything.

I've run Savage Rifts (back before the latest update to the Savage World rules, but I know Savage Rifts was updated for the new rules) since I refuse to at least directly support Palladium in any way any more....
You can still get as crazy and chaotic and over powered as in Rifts, but the character creation and game play is way more streamlined.  Still just as easy to accidentally obliterate a character or three, but at least they didn't spend a day and a half creating them first....

• Like 8

Just finished watching Spaceballs on Youtube, I haven't seen the uncut version in so long. All these years & I'm still laughing out loud at the corny jokes!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF's Food Log:

Today a simple meal.

A burger, White beans in tomato sauce and curled fries.

20220107_175530.jpg

You've almost got me with that meal... except for that suspicious patch of white stuff near your fries... please tell me it isn't mayo...

I'm beginning to worry that I'm going to be working at another place with a less-than-stellar HR person. They emailed last week with orientation details for this coming Monday (basically show up at this time) and to encourage getting paperwork done through their online system, and said "any questions let me know." I emailed last week with questions, before the new year, and still haven't heard back. Seems rather pointless to offer help and not respond if you might take a week or more of vacation right after sending that out.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

You've almost got me with that meal... except for that suspicious patch of white stuff near your fries... please tell me it isn't mayo

It's called Frietsauce  a lighter less fat version of mayo. We Dutch almost always eat that or mayo with our fries. I know other countries often use ketchup for that.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

49682537_10213321242481484_1906215805767385088_n.jpg.47f100582d8288678dca8dbbb7d184f4.jpg

Pfft... Like that doesn't happen three times a week around here... ::D:

Also, I need one of those.

4 hours ago, malefactus said:

On the self isolating thingy:

271019654_356009266331366_8789341142169543023_n.jpg.79ae41a25b586eea84fd153bb3b10b87.jpg

I can identify.

Accurate.

Hell, I looked like a homeless person before the whole I-haven't-left-the-house-in-two-years thing....

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

It's called Frietsauce  a lighter less fat version of mayo. We Dutch almost always eat that or mayo with our fries. I know other countries often use ketchup for that.

I actually fall into the "no ketchup or anything" camp when it comes to fries, especially curly fries (our curly fries here are typically slightly spicy... not hot pepper, but maybe more black peppery?). I want to taste the flavor of those fries!

• Like 9