Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

I got my second shot this morning and the nurse literally hit a nerve during the injection. <_<

I'm mostly tired and grumpy. I didn't sleep very much today, thankfully I already took the night off. I'm going to call out in the morning so I can get some hobby stuff done. Don't tell my boss. :ph34r:

• Like 12

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Happened Wednesday for June 9th:

• 1311 – Duccio's Maestà, an influential artwork of the early Italian Renaissance, was unveiled and installed in Siena Cathedral in Siena, Italy.

• 1959 – The USS George Washington was launched. It was the first nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine.

• 1973 – In horse racing, Secretariat won the U.S. Triple Crown.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

This is going to be my last message until we are up and running in Nevada.

Play nice and everybody please stay safe.

Bye for now.

system shutting down in 3 - 2- 1 .......

GEM

Safe travels!

18 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

What Happened Wednesday for June 9th:

• 1311 – Duccio's Maestà, an influential artwork of the early Italian Renaissance, was unveiled and installed in Siena Cathedral in Siena, Italy.

• 1959 – The USS George Washington was launched. It was the first nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine.

• 1973 – In horse racing, Secretariat won the U.S. Triple Crown.

Some additional trivia to go with your trivia:

The USS George Washington was was 1 of 4 ships to carry that name, and the first to be purpose built as a warship.

The first was purchased in 1798 and was originally  merchant ship.

The second was a German passenger liner that was converted to a troop carrier during WW1.

The third was the submarine.

The fourth (and current) one is a nuclear powered aircraft carrier.

• Like 14

On 6/8/2021 at 1:12 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Had a meeting with a back surgeon today.  Looks like the inevitable has finally come, so I'll be looking at getting scheduled for back surgery, probably late fall or winter from the sounds of it.  

Posterior spinal fusion of L4-L5-S1.

It took two surgeries (the first time they cut away some bone), but after my mom's lumbar fusion she has been remarkably free of pain.  Even pain that doesn't really come from her back.  But that's not always to the case so I hope your surgery gives the same relief  as hers.

• Like 13

14 hours ago, Marvin said:

I kinda enjoy auctions. My dad always tries to make me go to them to do his (literal) bidding because I'm big and hairy and he thinks my big dumb stubborn countenance encourages people to quit bidding more quickly than they do with him.

Good to be good for something, I suppose. 🙃

Well, to each his own, I suppose... And those traits do play well to the auctioning arena. Good on you!

You weirdo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I’m exhausted and upset. Start of vacation, after a six hour drive, and I cannot get the tablet to connect to the wifi. The solutions online are repetitive and none of them work. I remember it was something super simple last time but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Works fine on the home wifi. 

You could try typing in one of the following into the address bar of your browser:

http://localhost

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

I kinda enjoy auctions. My dad always tries to make me go to them to do his (literal) bidding because I'm big and hairy and he thinks my big dumb stubborn countenance encourages people to quit bidding more quickly than they do with him.

Good to be good for something, I suppose. 🙃

I have come to accept that as a 5'11" man with a neck larger than some folks' legs, my purpose in life is to reach for the high things and carry the heavy things.

I kind of wish eBay auctions involved posting pictures of the bidders - I have what might might generously be referred to as "resting axe murderer face"... :grr:  ::D:

I've only ever been to a couple of live auctions, but I tend to do well -  I've won staring contests with the laws of physics before, so mere mortals tend to flinch once my glacial stare of inevitable doom starts to cause ice crystals to form in the air around them.

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, DocPiske said:

You could try typing in one of the following into the address bar of your browser:

http://localhost

Thanks for that, but I need to be connected to some network first for those to work (but I did try just in case. It’s able to see lots of networks, but unable to even initiate even a “no internet” connection. On normal hotels, I can usually connect but have no access which popping open the browser and going to a website usually breaks the logjam and things can progress password wise. In the current case, it simply says it cannot connect. Dead stop. Hmm. Cobwebs starting to fall. Think it has the same problem as inflight entertainment issues. Gonna try that this evening. 

16 minutes ago, Citrine said:

Been listening to The HU from Mongolia, their Yuve Yuve Yu song is just awesome.  Hubby just bought their full album.  If you like metal, check them out!

Yup! Really cool sound, but really disliked the collaboration with English speaking singers. Those didn’t make the playlist. 

Be sure to check out their videos on YouTube. Makes me want to get a horse fiddle.

• Like 7