Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

4 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

The neighbor's cat has an embarked upon a campaign against the Fat Little Birds. Unable to catch them, or ambush them at the dish, the cat is now playing the long game of eating their food in an attempt to weaken them through starvation. This began Christmas day, when I had left the birds a feast, part of which was crumbled granola bars, which the grey cat went after with a passion. Granted the cat has eaten the occasional seed or dragged off a peanut before, but I was unaware of it's diabolical hunger for cheap health bars from Aldi, and it's previous seed eating tendencies have now erupted into what appears to be either an expression of spite, or an additction.

The recent cold snap has driven both the cat and the birds into hiding, so the most recent food is yet untouched, but I am beginning to wonder if some bird hating employee who bags the bird food isn't slipping some catnip into each bag...which also leads me to wonder if the Aldi health bars were similarly treated and what the possible reason might be to spike those with nip as well....

Is this the M.E.O.W. operating here?

Or perhaps another agency who seeks to get M.E.O.W. addicted to seeds for some nefarious reason?

Perhaps "Big Seed" is doing this as a response to shortages of some kind?

Are we going to see a rise in human bird food addiction in the coming year?(All it needs is one youtube challenge or feature on the food network to get it going)

I give you the "Official" new Tin Foil Hat Theory of 2022, SEED ADDICTION!

Sounds like somebody at B.I.R.D.S. is Angry at M.E.O.W.

Getting M.E.O.W. field agents addicted to cheap and readily available high calorie snacks that will get them to put on weight and therefore degrade their physical performance is inimical.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the joys of fish!

Discovered a bag of Gorton's Fish Fillets in the back of the freezer I'd forgotten I had. Been in there quite a while, but fried up just fine. Unlike my experiments with beef, the deep fryer doesn't seem to have any effect on local weather patterns one way or the other, which is for the best as I don't need frozen cod missiles coming thru the roof, the layer of ice we have is annoying enough. At least my sealing job on the roof seems to be holding out so far. 

As to the seed situation, the squirrel and the Fat Little Birds vacuumed up everything before the cat could get to it. (It only comes by around 3-4am, and I only found out about it due to my habit of making sure to peer out the door after dark whenever I wander thru the kitchen, in order to make sure there isn't an unexpected wind sock out there laying in wait...)

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

This is gonna sound weird, but I hope it's just a cold. @CaptainPete

Today in 1984, Van Halen released the album '1984'  ( written on the cover as  MCMLXXXIV ); this would be the last album to feature David Lee Roth for the next 28 years.

Such a good year for music. I remember someone did a book report on "Panama" & she got to play the song in class. The teacher had a fit over the "I reach down, between my legs......." part of the song. Student was like ummm he's riding a motorcycle, teacher didn't want to hear the explanation. Sigh.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Good news: I don’t have covid.

Bad news: hubby has a kidney stone, Sephy has been constipated since she threw up the other night, and I still have a head cold. 

We’re doing great here 👍

Sorry to hear the health woes.

I am happy to hear that you don't have Covid, though.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Jack elfed up.... :down:

It's been a few years since Jack had to file for Unemployment, and apparently, with all the people out of work they've changed things up quite a bit in the past year or so.

They now require very specific documentation about your search for work every week, which Jack couldn't provide. 

So Jack can't file for the week, which means he's dead frakkin' broke for the foreseeable future. :zombie:

Jack will now be eating cans of corn, packages of ramen, and PB&J toast for the week as he watches his bills pile up.

If Jack had quit his lousy job a year ago and sat on his arf collecting unemployment then, he would have made nearly twice as much money as he did working those same six months, and probably would have been working at a better job these last six months....    🤬

(Oh, and has Jack mentioned he's been without heat in the house since Thursday? Hopefully someone coming to look at the furnace on Monday.)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Sad 19

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Such a good year for music.

Any year has good and bad music. People get nostalgic about old music being "better" because it's (mostly) the good music that's remembered. And played on oldies stations or similar.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Well, I woke up feeling okay and don't seem to be getting worse. It might have been the weather change or maybe a mild reaction to the flu one of my bosses brought to work. I don't want to jinx myself. But, since I don't feel terrible, I'm going assume that I don't have The Plague.

Since it'll be payday in the morning, I'm getting ready to place my Reaper order. I really want a pirate ship but I can't justify the expense. Yet, waiting until my tax return. But, I wonder if it will still be available by then? And I didn't buy it when I had the chance because I couldn't figure out where I would put it. And then "gamer brain" kicked in and I suddenly thought of a bunch of different things I could do with it... Right now, I'm thinking about creating a scenario for Ghost Archipelago about storming a literal "ghost ship." :ph34r:

• Like 8

So, all the Colts had to do to make the playoffs was beat the worst team in the NFL. Instead it's now official: they literally can't win in Jacksonville to save their season...

• Like 4

18 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Good news: I don’t have covid.

Bad news: hubby has a kidney stone, Sephy has been constipated since she threw up the other night, and I still have a head cold. 

We’re doing great here 👍

Good luck with all that and hang in there.

What are the chances he'll save the stone and have a tiny D20 made from it?

Nobody ever seems to take me up on that challenge.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2