Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Since it'll be payday in the morning, I'm getting ready to place my Reaper order. I really want a pirate ship but I can't justify the expense. Yet, waiting until my tax return. But, I wonder if it will still be available by then? And I didn't buy it when I had the chance because I couldn't figure out where I would put it. And then "gamer brain" kicked in and I suddenly thought of a bunch of different things I could do with it... Right now, I'm thinking about creating a scenario for Ghost Archipelago about storming a literal "ghost ship." :ph34r:

What I recall from Reaper Live is that the two ships will be going up in cost.  The ships are currently $50 below their MSRP.  One appears to be sold out.  I didn't think they'd stay at the discounted price this long.  Maybe they'll raise the price when the next shipment of ships come in? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

While the neighbor's cat appears to have lost interest in the bird food, I am wondering if perhaps I should invest in one of those Floppy Fish cat toys. About half the results on youtube I've seen as well as reviews I've read show that 50% of cats hate the things, so placing one next to the dish may serve as a deterrent. I'd have to chain it to the table somehow though, we do have hawks and owls in the area who might try to wander off with it. 

I'm not sure how the Fat Little Birds might react to the Floppy Fish, other than chirping obscenities at it like they do everything else...

• Like 6

Jack finally has the heat back in his house. Sucks being perma-cold for five days.  

Repairs this time were all minor parts, so only cost just under $300.

Diagnosis is the furnace more than likely won't make it through next winter, but hopefully we'll have a new one by then.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Ok, so Mrs Wulf, being the enabler that she is, has convinced me to go ahead and make plans to attend Adepticon this year... and now I'm curious if anyone else here might be going?

Adepticon is one of those Cons, I'd love to attend someday, alas it won't be this year.

• Like 7

We had a good game on Saturday, always good to have 4 players at the table. Good to see a friend I haven't seen in awhile, back at the table playing again. We would have 5, but the 5th, got 3 shots the previous day & he wasn't up to coming. He is probably the oldest player I've known since knowing these guys from the FLGS playing day. His work schedule prevents him attending the games on Weds on a regular basis so that is why I asked if he'd like to join the Saturday game.

Hopefully we can keep the game going on a weekly thing again. It was nice having it as part of my weekly retinue.

• Like 6

Earlier today, I finally finished with this dang install in Florida that I've been on since last Monday. After the stress of finally getting everything physically installed & wired on Thursday, I found out a basic feature that should have been working before the equipment even shipped wasn't working.  On Saturday I wound having to tell the engineer I was walking off the job and out of my contract if he didn't have working & tested software for me this morning. I refused to work on Sunday, turned off my phone and went to the beach.

Wasn't sure I would still have my source of income this morning, but it turned out I had working software as well as a job. Well, the job might only last until I force a revision to my contract in the next couple of weeks to avoid this ever happening again.  Not sure how they'll handle two ultimatums in the same month. 

Just before I left I started painting one of the Reaper Bones busts, and I'm hooked. I've spent a bunch of time tonight to searching for busts to 3d print - I think I want to do a collection of them to represent personalities from my RPG campaigns. 

8 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Ok, so Mrs Wulf, being the enabler that she is, has convinced me to go ahead and make plans to attend Adepticon this year... and now I'm curious if anyone else here might be going?

My friend and I have talked about it, but haven't made a decision yet.  For me, a lot depends on when my son completes sub school, and where he gets stationed.

• Like 13

An epiphany that I had a while back, but not sure I've ever posted it here, about the YouTubers that I watch who are gamers, is that the people I tend to watch fall into two categories. They're either masters at the game and do wondrous things with the provided entertainment, or incredibly inept and hilarious to watch them struggle with things. I don't seem to really watch anybody that's middling at that particular game.

What set that off is that I'm in the middle of someone I subscribe to playing a virtual escape room with a friend, and they struggled for 10 minutes on a butterfly wing matching puzzle. I got so frustrated with them that I paused the video, did a screenshot, put all the pictures into Impress (a PowerPoint clone), and solved the puzzle in like five seconds flat. It literally took me longer to copy/paste all the pictures of the butterflies than it did to solve the puzzle myself.

Wondering if everybody else tends to have the same bifurcation of subscribed channels as I do.

• Like 6