Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Bones 6 for me, I foresee it going the same way 5 did. Get overexcited, buy way too much, sell a big chunk of it and then pack the rest away because I rarely paint my Reaper stuff.

I can wait for retail for anything really snazzy.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

I’d personally rather have a fully fleshed out human bandit encampment than a set of raccoon men

Same here,

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Just hoping Chronoscope will be more appealing to me this time around.

I sent Ed a letter with my thoughts for Chronoscope & B6. 

I'd like to see it done as focused encounters along the same lines the B5 encounters were or small units like the Elves in the core set were. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Whelp, the job opening that popped open around Christmas and disappeared before I could apply, making me sad, has popped back i to existence. I applied and have been rejected, which has made me sad again. 

Don’t feel bad for me tho. This entire single job post has made me realize that I am just coasting with my previous and present job. I’m only doing this job because I’m doing that job rather than any excitement for the job itself. 

Just need to determine if it’s the job itself that’s causing the doldrums or that whole middle age time period unhappiness.

Probably should paint something. 

• Like 12

So I went to Urgent Care yesterday after a hellish nigh where I got about 15 minutes cumulative "sleep".

Gave them my symptoms, nausea, loose bowels, temperature fluctuation, restlessness, inability to sleep.  They did a flu swab test and a swab test for Covid.  Flu test came back negative for both Infuenza A and B.  Lab tech said while jamming a swab way to far up in my sinuses " right now, everything is covid, even hangnails".  Terrific. ::(:

They told me to "go home and get some rest".  Uh-huh, like that's possible.  I did manage to get some intermittent sleep through the afternoon and then interrupted sleep all night long.

They just emailed me the results and I've got the 'rona.  Which sucks because, well it just does.  Today is actually the first day this week I've felt half human and not like week old road kill.

On another front, Forge of Empires did a major update and broke the system.  Loads to circa 48 to 52% then hangs.

GEM

Sucks to be me.

• Sad 31

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Health Care Provider has requested that I donate blood plasma when I get over the 'rona. 

Before you agree to that, make sure that the staff all have reflections in a mirror and can bear daylight. With staff shortages being what they are, it won't be long before being undead is no longer a bar to employment...

Just try to take it as easy as you can, hope you beat this thing. 

• Haha 13

31 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Before you agree to that, make sure that the staff all have reflections in a mirror and can bear daylight. With staff shortages being what they are, it won't be long before being undead is no longer a bar to employment...

Just try to take it as easy as you can, hope you beat this thing. 

So. three vampires walk into a bar.

The bartender asks the first vampire 'What'll it be?'

'Blood! Give me blood!'

Then he asked the next vampire 'And you?'

'Blood! Give me blood!'

So, the bartender looks at the last vampire and asked 'And your order?'

'Plasma! Give me plasma!'

'So, just to be sure - that's two bloods and a blood lite?'

The Auld Grump

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

So I went to Urgent Care yesterday after a hellish nigh where I got about 15 minutes cumulative "sleep".

Gave them my symptoms, nausea, loose bowels, temperature fluctuation, restlessness, inability to sleep.  They did a flu swab test and a swab test for Covid.  Flu test came back negative for both Infuenza A and B.  Lab tech said while jamming a swab way to far up in my sinuses " right now, everything is covid, even hangnails".  Terrific. ::(:

They told me to "go home and get some rest".  Uh-huh, like that's possible.  I did manage to get some intermittent sleep through the afternoon and then interrupted sleep all night long.

They just emailed me the results and I've got the 'rona.  Which sucks because, well it just does.  Today is actually the first day this week I've felt half human and not like week old road kill.

On another front, Forge of Empires did a major update and broke the system.  Loads to circa 48 to 52% then hangs.

GEM

Sucks to be me.

We had our first case at work this week - a guy that was utterly convinced that 'Covid isn't killing people. Wearing masks is what's killing people'. -_-

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Sucks to be me.

Yeah man. Two of my friends are done with it, In the same house. Sounds like you've got the short "I'm going to die, I'm going to die...I'm not going to die?" case like one had. The other is currently in "please kill me" mode. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sucks on being sick, GEM. Hope you recover soon! Fluids, sleep, all that good stuff.

Donating blood-products - join me in collecting benevolent track marks! My two blood donations so far have both left tiny purple puncture marks because that thing is a friggin' horse needle. They don't seem to be fully fading. I'm okay with that.

• Like 9

Hopefully it's just a mild case, GEM. My uncle has had it for the past few months. IIRC, he was going to go get his booster & ended up breaking his ankle on the step up bar on his truck. He ended up getting the 'rona at the rehab/nursing center..........ugh. He's 79 & severely overweight, & lives in New York, so hopefully he can beat this. Speakng of 'rona, it appears it's struck my gaming friends now. A couple of my players got it, so the Saturday game is off for a couple of weeks. Sucks is 1 person is part of my Weds night group at the FLGS. Just sucks overall.

• Sad 12