Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slept through my alarms today, so evening activities are kinda subdued here tonight. My wife & I were gonna go out to eat for dinner at one of our fav places, but it's what it is. At least I get to listen to the Portland Winterhawks hockey game off the net tonight. My last night off/game night they had to postpone due to covid protocols so it's been awhile since I've gotten to listen to a game.

Hoping maybe in March, I might actually get to see a game live over in Portland. It depends on if we go over to the Oregon Coast for a few days, as I really need a vacation & I need out of this area for a few days.

• Like 9

On the Bones 6 topic..  It's soemthing I know I'll have to think about as to whether or not I'll join it.  I wound up getting something like four models the past one due to various reasons, but part of it too is I'm just burnt out on Kickstarter for various reasons. 

I just don't like paying for something and then waiting 1.5-2.5 years for it to arrive.  It's hard enough waiting three months for a resin kit to be cast... 

I really do hope they listen to the suggestions for Chronoscape though, because the focused approach would really suit such. 

• Like 9

Yah, I'm not sure how much I'll go in on B6. March is generally where I start buying stuff for ReaperCon. Mainly, plane tickets but hey that is a big purchase.

Crap, on my Chromebook & it suddenly just shut off & won't come back on. Hopefully nothing is wrong with it as I'd rather not have to get a new laptop.

• Like 7

Well, not much to report on my end. The Plague is hitting a lot of places and my company but I'm not going to work extra to help out. Every shift I work is a roll of the dice.

When it comes to painting, I think I'm going switch over to my IMEF Bones guys and do up the two squads I have, in hopes that someday, I'll be able to use them for StarGrave or Rogue Stars. I might also work on the NOVA squads I have... But, first, I have to get some chores done.

As for B6... I haven't done a KS for Reaper since the first one, for a few reasons. The main one being KS' workplace stuff and anti-Labor stance, as well as being broke and not really needing a lot of minis (especially fantasy stuff) until recently. If the focus of B6 is Chronoscope and sci-fi stuff, I might be tempted to give it a shot. We'll see what they put up for it.

• Like 7

Dilbert by Scott Adams

image.png.6193615aaa6dc8c8b5fe85223e1b3a82.png

10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Donating blood-products - join me in collecting benevolent track marks! My two blood donations so far have both left tiny purple puncture marks because that thing is a friggin' horse needle. They don't seem to be fully fading. I'm okay with that.

For a while I was considering getting the two little dots they draw on your arm permanently tattooed on...

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Well unless I have a computer miracle happen today, my Chromebook is dead. I left it alone after it went out last night & I've tried all I can do with it. Oddly thou I've got a power light, so hoping maybe I can just let it run until the battery dies & when I go to recharge it, it'll come back alive. We shall see, until then, I'm on my old Chromebook (I can see why I got a new one....). Sad thing is I think the machine is only 2 years old....ugh. I may look into a Windows laptop this time around.

• Sad 12

14 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Donating blood-products - join me in collecting benevolent track marks! My two blood donations so far have both left tiny purple puncture marks because that thing is a friggin' horse needle. They don't seem to be fully fading. I'm okay with that.

I donate my blood to science. There's a research outfit not far from here that's studying immunology (in general, not COVID) and they get samples and x-rays  'n stuff regularly.   They usually leave big purple bruises. :(  In return, yesterday I found out that my antibody level is still very high, despite it being almost 5 months since my booster shot.  That's a level of relief I haven't felt in a very long time. 

Hope everyone who's sick is feeling better soon.  Fluids and rest work wonders. 

• Like 10

Huh. They don't draw dots for it here. Wasn't getting bruising, just a little scab that fell off after a day, and a lingering tiny scar. They warned of a possible bruise but that didn't happen for me. 

I'd be glad to donate to science too, but there is a severe shortage of blood for hospitals right now (less than a day's supply), so people in need take priority. The good vampires aren't willing to take extra to send to the research labs. I'd offer but... only so much I can do. 

• Like 7

It's funny, I've seen this car in numerous pictures & model build ups but never have I wanted to build it up until this morning. Browsing a model car forum & I come across Dan Gurney's AAR 'cuda ride built by someone & I guess the way the sunlight hits the paint scheme makes me think, hmmm yah that is a future build, ha ha. Now looking at how they built it up, appears I'll need the base kit, aftermarket decals & some resin bits like a new hood & chin spoiler +some resin wheels. Everything is available but the wheels are made by a guy who is taking a break or at least he is trying to catch up on his 2021 orders first before accepting new ones. I've order from him before & his quality is fantastic, so no worries there.

(spoilered for being a large picture)

Spoiler

p1771271762-4.jpg

• Like 8