Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

49 minutes ago, Citrine said:

Yeah, I have not lived in Norway for 24 years, and Norway is not the same country as Britain, and never had mad cows... I am still not allowed to donate blood in the US. I occasionally have to get drained of excess blood to get rid of accumulated iron. 

Can I have some of that iron? I'm not anemic but I have generally low iron. I seriously pop iron supplements more than candy (1-2/day). New donation habit certainly isn't helping, but I'm not going to stop until a doctor tells me I shouldn't.

• Like 7

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

269781175_4951327998219977_5454809316655070609_n.thumb.jpg.4f30967455b58b599f43266a0bb2d759.jpg

Analog FTW.

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yup. Last time I checked was a couple years ago. Still didn't want my blood.

Well, there is that whole thing about it being at least 50 proof... ::D:

3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Also the mad cow outbreak in the UK ~30ish years ago. All sorts of regional diseases, and I don't think they test the blood for everything. They test for a lot of more common diseases but not all.

I once facetiously threatened to bite @Aard_Rinn, and she was like, "Great, now I'm gonna end up with Mad Jack Disease..."  ::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Well, my Reaper and Bombshell orders arrived today, so I have a nice pile of raygun gothic minis to... Look at and pretend like I'm going to paint them at some point... :ph34r:

I also have a "Gulper" that I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Except for showing off, assuming we ever get to see people again.

If anyone is interested "45 Adventure" has the PDF on sale at Wargame Vault. I bought it because of that. I don't know if I'll ever use it but it's good to have.

• Like 8

Shocking news - frieght load is late! :rolleyes:

I was hoping it would be on time as I'm not sure who ordered this one. Hopefully not the guy who has thumped us the last two times they've allowed him to order. If they just let the system order, it'll be ok, if it arrives at a decent time of course.

Edit: 2:30 & it's not small, it's not gigantic either but I suspect a 9 to 10 hr day. Joy...

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

If anyone is interested "45 Adventure" has the PDF on sale at Wargame Vault. I bought it because of that. I don't know if I'll ever use it but it's good to have.

The Rattrap team made quite a splash for a few years at the east coast conventions with their beautiful 2x2 terrain boards for .45 Adventure and their other rules.  They have since dropped out of sight, but I do have paper copies of .45 Adventure, Broadsword Adventures, and Fantastic Worlds on my shelf still…

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

The Rattrap team made quite a splash for a few years at the east coast conventions with their beautiful 2x2 terrain boards for .45 Adventure and their other rules.  They have since dropped out of sight, but I do have paper copies of .45 Adventure, Broadsword Adventures, and Fantastic Worlds on my shelf still…

I picked up physical copies of Fantastic Worlds and the Planet X expansion last year (maybe the year before?) but haven't used them yet. They weren't what I was expecting but I think I've figured out what to use them for, probably solo games, but looking over 45 Adventures helped me cement what to use them for. Sadly, FW is the only BYOM game intended to be Raygun Gothic that I've found. I recently finished a review of it and am working on a comparison of it and the other two skirmish games I'm going use for that setting. Good ideas but the Planet X expansion really makes it work. It's a shame they're off the radar, they could be making a killing if they did some more stuff for solo play, with things being the way they are currently.

It's interesting that they went for a 2x2 board, because it also works with Perilous Tales, too. And some of the stuff it there could easily cross over. And now that I'm thinking about it, I might steal the AI stuff from Perilous to use for the solo play I want to do... Of course, I really need to work on a board but that's probably not going to happen for a long while.

• Like 7

On 1/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe I'll look into whether or not there's some kind of medical research place nearby that I could donate blood to. I can't give it to the Red Cross 'cause i've been to lots of foreign countries and might have icky foreign germs in my blood, even though it's been 12 years since I've been to any of those places. :rolleyes:

Also, relevant to what I posted earlier:

269781175_4951327998219977_5454809316655070609_n.thumb.jpg.4f30967455b58b599f43266a0bb2d759.jpg

Have to replace a deep freeze now. One of ours died over the holidays. The wife was asking why it would break down. I'm not sure I know it's at least 30+ years old and it's never had any maintenance done on it. Sad that I lost a hundred pounds of beef when it died.

• Sad 12

I am an analog cog in a digital world. Time for the scrap heap.  :rolleyes:

On a related note, since I'm on the way to the dump now, maybe I'll just have my old man drop me off there....

Funny story - there's this grouchy old guy who works there, gotta be about seventy or eighty, and he just sits in a chair and yells at people. We joke around that he's not actually an employee - somebody just dropped him off there when they got tired of putting up with him, lol.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

I loved those games and played the absolute crap out of them.  The FW author is a real good guy, too, got to play with him a bunch of times.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I picked up physical copies of Fantastic Worlds and the Planet X expansion last year (maybe the year before?) but haven't used them yet. They weren't what I was expecting but I think I've figured out what to use them for, probably solo games, but looking over 45 Adventures helped me cement what to use them for. Sadly, FW is the only BYOM game intended to be Raygun Gothic that I've found. I recently finished a review of it and am working on a comparison of it and the other two skirmish games I'm going use for that setting. Good ideas but the Planet X expansion really makes it work. It's a shame they're off the radar, they could be making a killing if they did some more stuff for solo play, with things being the way they are currently.

It's interesting that they went for a 2x2 board, because it also works with Perilous Tales, too. And some of the stuff it there could easily cross over. And now that I'm thinking about it, I might steal the AI stuff from Perilous to use for the solo play I want to do... Of course, I really need to work on a board but that's probably not going to happen for a long while.

I don’t know of another purpose built for that.  In our club, we have a tendency to use Blood & Swash for everything, including the occasional Buck Rogers skirmish.  (Using 54mm semiflast Buck Rogers figures from 1930s vintage home casting molds).  

5D347D65-16F6-433B-BAB1-2C5033FF3055.jpeg.ad352d62724c2b5ecaccb875192293d2.jpeg

Additional solo rules would proably be a hit.  Pursuant to the discussion here earlier this week, I picked up a copy of Five Leagues from the Border.  I’ve always got room on the shelf for a plausibly usable set of rules, which a solo game for which I have figures always is …

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Time to venture out in search of sustenance ( going to the grocery store ). If I'm not back in a few hours, send a rescue team.

With which of the "usual rescue kits"...  The steak dinner, or the double burger?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Time to venture out in search of sustenance ( going to the grocery store ). If I'm not back in a few hours, send a rescue team.

Daughter gets off from work around 3 here, so we'll head out around 2 for our weekly forage. Thou we might leave earlier as I need to hit up a local "mart" for some 99% Iso Alch for the resin printer.

Not to bad this morning, we clocked off around 9, so it was a 9 hr night. The load was big but it wasn't stupid big. All I know is I'm getting tired of the ramen section. Pretty much the only thing people are eating around here...

• Like 7