Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

58 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's awfully quiet in here today....I hope Monday isn't Mondaying everyone too badly.

I got my third Covid shot yesterday and a head cold.

They joined forces to make sure I'm miserable at work.

• Like 4
  • Sad 9

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take the sports car in for its first oil change tomorrow and my wallet is going to cry hard. The dealership for my car is primarily a Ferrari dealership.

I’ve seen a YouTube video on how to do it yourself but no thanks. There are large aluminum panels that have to be removed with about five dozen screws. The engine is from a Camry so the filter isn’t anything special. But to get to it is more than I want to attempt. 

The Subaru on the other hand has everything up at the engine top. Once the warranty is gone on it, then maybe I will do that myself. Probably not, but the option is there. 

• Like 8

Three days of work and finally today and tomorrow off. New job is really exhausting me and a bit of a stressor on many fronts. Both my new boss and one of the trainers are out sick, one with covid and the other testing negative. Leaves me to be trained by the lady who is as hardcore of an anti-vaxxer as you'll find, and who also buys into every bit of misinformation put out there. She was like a pig rolling in muck when the vaccinate or test mandate got overruled. Tried to tell me that masks are responsible for Omicron... yeah, I've heard some disturbing things over the past three days... luckily my expressions are hidden by my own mask. And she wonders why I go out to my car to eat lunch and don't take my mask off inside the plant...

Ear problems are taking a bit of a pounding from all of the noise involved. I get ear protection, so that isn't the issue, but I can't wear it and understand people in the lab, and I have to talk louder than I normally have been which pumps my own voice feedback into my ear. Had to switch from my N95 mask to a KN95 mask because the N95 has left the bridge of my nose raw; worried that if I don't get it healed it'll get infected or leave scar tissue.

Definitely going to be looking for something else after I get enough time on here to have a short tenure on my resume not look suspicious. Just not sure how long that needs to be. Or I could end up getting fired, I hear our HR manager likes to dock people points for clocking in for lunch even a minute before or after 30 minutes.

Cheers, all. Hope you are staying safe as possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

My lizard slept in his box for the last two days. This morning he peeked his nose at the entrance so I lured him out with worms. HAH. A little bit of time being awake! He has now also had salad and some crickets. Will see if he spends some time out of box, or if he's going to swiftly NOPE the rest of today too. He might.

• Like 12

12 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Ah yes, the "Naked Nazeem with a basket on his head" solution to being pestered about going up to the Cloud District. 

In this case, it's Ancano, the Altmer "advisor" to the Archmage at Winterhold, who <no real SPOILER ALERT...> is in the process of trying to blow up the whole damn world in pursuit of power...

Honestly not a surprise since he's been basically wearing a "Punch Me" sign around his neck since the first minute you meet him - He's a rude arrogant elfhat who's constantly grilling me about everything happening in the quest line.

Unfortunately, it seems like the quests in question have progressed to the point where he's ignoring his regular programmed behavior in favor of the stuff he's supposed to do during the quests - which seems to involve standing around at all hours of the night instead of actually sleeping.

And I can't steal the clothes off of a quest-relevant character while they're awake. (I may not be able to steal them when they're asleep either, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it.) I may be forced to resort to my standard backup plan - wait til I can safely kill the s.o.b. and then strip his corpse and toss the body in an open firepit.

On a general note, I actually have managed to pick up a basket and drop it on a guy's head well enough that he'd still be wearing the damn thing if he hadn't eventually opened a door to a different zone... I guess since he didn't own the basket and it wasn't in his inventory, the game didn't allow it to cross over into the new zone.

Now if I could just rewrite the game to recognize anything on a character's head as a wearable item, I could use the console item codes to spawn a chicken on top of a guy's head... ::D:

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's awfully quiet in here today....I hope Monday isn't Mondaying everyone too badly.

Monday seems to be my default state of being lately. Phone interview for a job is now eight minutes past the scheduled call time...  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

My lizard slept in his box for the last two days. This morning he peeked his nose at the entrance so I lured him out with worms. HAH. A little bit of time being awake! He has now also had salad and some crickets. Will see if he spends some time out of box, or if he's going to swiftly NOPE the rest of today too. He might.

Any chance there's enough room in there for me?  I could use a few NOPE days right now.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Okay, phone interview was just the hiring service touching base with me to review my resume. Feh. Now I gotta fill out a bunch of paperwork. But at least they're submitting my resume to a couple of different places.

• Like 10

In retrospect, the new job does have one decent aspect to it: I'm drinking less Coke. I only drink one can a day when I am at work during lunch, to make it through that 12.5 hours and back home, and none on my off days. Which is a significant reduction from 2-3 every day. My dentist will be happy.

Silver lining?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Our weather today/tomorrow is such fun.  Started off around -10C this morning.  Then snow started, and winds started picking up.  We went through ice pellets a little while ago. Then some freezing rain.  Fully switched to rain now, still with high winds.  Currently around 1C, but supposed to go up to 7C or so overnight.  And then tomorrow is supposed to be showers, flurries and fog.  Then plummeting down to -8C in the afternoon and -15C with a -29C windchill overnight.

Whee.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I am being Mondayed. 

I have all of the symptoms GEM mentioned. Plus fatigue, Loss of appetite, jitters and hand shaking. 

I tried to add a 9v battery to the Walmart grocery delivery that came yesterday. I needed the 9v because the gadgety thermometer I have has died. Presumably because battery. 

THEY FAILED TO INCLUDE THE BATTERY.

They could not find a $3.50 battery!

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

luckily my expressions are hidden by my own mask.

This is one of several reasons the wearing of masks is a wonderful thing. 

I don’t understand why people whine about it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

Although my cloth masks are now more of fashion covers to my N95s, or are for outdoor stuff with lower risk, they have let me wear more Mom-Made-Stuff than I had in the last 20 years! She's made a ton of pretty ones for me.

Bonuses: Hides acne. Hides frowns. Less plague. Less other icky illness - they seem to stop the flu like champs. Fashion accessory to display various nerddom.
Downsides: More acne. Hides smiles. Smell my own garlic breath.

Overall: Positive!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Weatherwise, nothing happening where I'm at. I figure it's laying in wait until Spring, where the annoyance factor will be higher. Back in November a windstorm ripped the door off the back shed, which wasn't much of a surprise, it was half rotted through as it was. So my first task of Spring is going to be taking the whole thing apart because the rest of it is equally decayed. Which at least will free up a patch where I'll attempt to grow some vegetables. I've got tomato, lettuce, and sweet pepper seeds already. 

But the way things tend to work, it's when I try to get moving on that, that the storms will hit and continue hitting until it becomes, by my standards too damn sunny and warm to work outside comfortably. 

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I may be forced to resort to my standard backup plan - wait til I can safely kill the s.o.b. and then strip his corpse and toss the body in an open firepit.

Ancano is immortal until a certain point unfortunately.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Ancano is immortal until a certain point unfortunately.

Oh, I know exactly where and when that point is, according to the wiki, and am savoring the anticipation to an entirely unhealthy degree...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8