Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of odd flavors, Hamms and Red Bull when mixed are a fairly accurate recreation of the flavor of Tab.

There are many Mysteries inherent in the Abomination that is Tab, the first being how it works...take a sip, say to yourself "Ach! This is foul beyond description!", and set it down.

Then in a few minutes you will find yourself thinking, "It couldn't have been that bad..."

Take another sip and sure enough it is just as bad as you remembered...

Before you know it, you've gone thru a 6 pack and are out actively hunting for more...

(The upside of this is that if you have roomates who like to raid your soda stash, Tab will quickly cure them of this habit...or get them addicted to it, it's about 50/50.)

The way the drink itself blots out the memory of itself so quickly is something that has resisted my efforts in deciphering, and it may play a role in the Second Mystery of Tab, which is...

"Why does this stuff work so well as a Necromantic component/sacrifice?"

When I was working at a haunted bar in Dekalb, I decided to test what is any effects Tab might have on the vagrant dead. So before beginning my mopping of the upstairs floors, I pulled out a can, told the ghosts it was a gift, focused a bit of essence into it and popped it open, leaving it at the top of the stairwell. Made it through an entire shift without anything doing the "looming over my shoulder" thing. Unfortunately, the manager had seen all of this thru the cameras and forbid any further experiments, citing the risk of ants. 

• Like 6

Got some job offers going on this week, and my W-2 just showed up, so now I can do my taxes... Yay me, I suppose.

Of course, my refund is already gone even though I don't have it yet, lol - it'll let me catch up on my monthly bills and pay off one or two minor debts, but it's basically gonna keep me afloat rather than get ahead of anything.

Somebody wake me up when 2022 starts getting better.

EDIT: Completely un-ironically, I actually am going to bed now.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Got some job offers going on this week, and my W-2 just showed up, so now I can do my taxes... Yay me, I suppose.

Of course, my refund is already gone even though I don't have it yet, lol - it'll let me catch up on my monthly bills and pay off one or two minor debts, but it's basically gonna keep me afloat rather than get ahead of anything.

Somebody wake me up when 2022 starts getting better.

EDIT: Completely un-ironically, I actually am going to bed now.

If you received a stimulus you’re going to want to wait until the end of the month when you receive a letter from the IRS. Not having that document can result in huge delays with your refund.

• Like 7

Got a couple of hours of decent sleep this afternoon.  Had solid food in the form of hash browns and an egg for dinner.

The agitation level is subsiding as well.  Seems I'm on the road to recovery, which is such a relief.

Hopefully, in a couple of days I'll be back to "normal".

Y'all play nice and stay well.

GEM

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy hump day everybody, I hope you all have a good day!

It's going good so far!

Except the weather is being a jerk, keeps switching from glorious sunshine to cold, wet and windy every time I try to hang out the laundry.

• Sad 5

47 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy hump day everybody, I hope you all have a good day!

It's -27C this morning (aka negative bleeping cold), but tomorrow will be a lot warmer, so there is that.  Just hope we don't have a repeat of Monday tomorrow, since we had freezing rain for like ten hours on Monday, and they sent us all home....  Word is we should be mostly caught up today though, which is a good thing. 

• Like 9