Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

21 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why WOULDN'T they write an article about me?  ::P:

National security? :devil:

Well, we're definitely into car washing busy season.  Haven't had much time to hang out here. 

On the plus side, the number of idiots I have had to deal with has been a lower percentage of my calls. 

• Like 8

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, redambrosia said:

Tonight’s dinner in progress:

6240C284-1DA8-4914-A345-79E89451DABC.thumb.jpeg.1d3d31ec20ed2c61f2884b6fafb18070.jpeg

Coconut chicken curry. The apartment smells wonderful.

How did Sephy react?

BD KNEW she was all about the curry while still officially on baby food.

She, Grump, and Khatt.

• Like 7

OMG! I get to see coworkers today! Have to drive into a lab to help (ie watch) them turn some bolts. Been more than a month. 

Then to a going away party. Fourth person I have worked directly with leave in the past month. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, redambrosia said:

If you received a stimulus you’re going to want to wait until the end of the month when you receive a letter from the IRS. Not having that document can result in huge delays with your refund.

Fehhhh.... Life hates me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's national Quark day!

No, not the Star Trek character, it's a type of cheese like dairy product.

That sounds like a candidate answer for @Corsairs question. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's national Quark day!

No, not the Star Trek character, it's a type of cheese like dairy product.

I love kwark. That's how we Dutch call it. My favorite is flavored kwark with vanilla or cherry.  I also make pancakes for breakfast with it. Mix it into the batter an then add frozen fruits, bake the pancakes and then eat it with honey or sirup

• Like 6

So the brand new equipment I had to go install a couple of weeks ago has a new feature where we can remotely log into the car wash teller, and literally see the same screen the customer sees and interacts with.  This is a cool feature that makes it much easier to troubleshoot. This is especially good because there is currently a random bug that causes part of the program to crash, which makes the teller inoperable.  The program can be restarted remotely. Those are the upsides. 

The downside is that until the programmer gets the bug found and stomped out, I have to have the screens for all three tellers open on my second monitor so I can try to catch the bug and restart the tellers to minimize site down time. 

• Sad 6