Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Lunch!

I'm having PB&J,  some cheese crackers,  a granola bar and some grapes.

That's been my lunch choice since I was like 6 or so.

Why mess with what works?

You can't improve on perfection. I have had a similar lunch for the past 9 work days: PB&J, banana, fruit-filled breakfast bar, small Gatorade, half bottle of water and a can of Coke. I eat in my car. The other workers ask why I eat in my car and not the break room. I tell them it's because I like a glimpse of the sun during the day. But really it's so I can take my mask off and feel comfortable eating. This place has given each other Covid so many times, no thanks.

Have you ever tried this sandwich: pb on both sides of bread, banana slices on one side and a lightly sweetened granola cereal on the other side? Absolute heaven after a hard workout, because it's practically 1000 calories. The juice bar at the school gymn used to have them years ago during college. So good. Add honey for a higher caloric intake.

• Like 11

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Have you ever tried this sandwich: pb on both sides of bread, banana slices on one side and a lightly sweetened granola cereal on the other side? Absolute heaven after a hard workout, because it's practically 1000 calories. The juice bar at the school gymn used to have them years ago during college. So good. Add honey for a higher caloric intake.

I used to make them with Nutella on one side instead of the peanut butter, and prefer the granola to have stuff like dark chocolate, almonds and raisins in it. And you've gotta have a huge glass of cold milk with it.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

No, all the bats there are accounted for. At least, I'm pretty sure the thing was in my kitchen, and not just in my head.

When you went back into the kitchen it may have been hiding in a corner or behind a piece of furniture, basically playing mind games with your head.

It could even have been clinging to the underside of a table or chair.

GEM

• Like 4

Here's an interesting item:

Cotton candy was first created in 1897 by William Morrison (who happened to be a dentist) in partnership with John C. Wharton,  a confectioner. It was introduced at the 1904 World Fair as 'fairy floss'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Loading up my email so I can send an email to my boss saying "yeah... Move me to a desk, this stuff ain't worth it anymore" instead of doing work on the writing stuff.

And then I'm going to watch Planet of the Vampires before bed. I swear I will. I tried watching it the other day but was too tired to pay attention...

UPDATE: Send out several paragraphs of "this is why I want to jump off of a bridge, your move." We'll see what happens.

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 6

New Customer: Feature X isn't working. 
Me, after scouring logs and troubleshooting: "You're right, feature X doesn't appear to be working. Let me tell the engineer."
Me to Engineer: Feature X at New site is not working

Engineer, before I get a chance to send him my data:  Yes it is, the installer tested it when he was there

Me, sending logs & data: Logs say otherwise

Engineer: <crickets chirping> 

• Like 6
  • Sad 5