Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day. Worst part of having your own boundaries, is when you have to hold fast to them. Ended up removing another person from my life today, at least my online life. This time over Covid nonsense. It's sad when people you once thought highly of drop to certain lows.

Nice to return to the craziness and community here. You guys are surely the best community on the internets. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

What a day. Worst part of having your own boundaries, is when you have to hold fast to them. Ended up removing another person from my life today, at least my online life. This time over Covid nonsense. It's sad when people you once thought highly of drop to certain lows.

Nice to return to the craziness and community here. You guys are surely the best community on the internets. 

Removing toxic people from your life ( online counts as well) is never something you do lightly.

I've found that it is usually better to do so when things go to far.

Life is too short for that.

• Like 10

Last night's dinner.

Lamb Chops, Pita Bread, Cheese and Cheese/Spinach Pastries, Feta from the Oven, Tzatziki, Feta/Eggplant/Garlic Dip, Dolmadakias/Salade with Olives/Feta/Sundried Tomatoes and Grilled Red Bell Peppers in Olive Oil and Herbs.

20220126_175421.jpg

• Like 12

12 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

I did something similar in the last week. I politely dropped out of a D&D game and unfollowed the DM on Facebook.

Covid is one thing, but the "everything is a conspiracy", "everything is corrupt", endless Qanon references that take less than 5 minutes to debunk, and the never ending concentrated negativity was just too much. It was poison to my FB feed, and literally making me feel ill.

The worst is that the game, with mostly newbies, was fun. But it was just a matter of time until "real world talk" would've raised ire.

• Like 15

Ha ha, semi-local morning news forecast had one of those on-air moments. She was showing visibility in the area & the screen got stuck, she was "Really? We gotta show this?". She then explained that this will be on the air for a couple minutes before they went to break

• Like 9

Well, I got a response about my email. To paraphrase, it said "yeah, I get the burnout, things are tough. As for COVID, we're working on it. Call me." And now I'm looking up apps to record phone calls while I talk... :ph34r:

I ended up at a desk last night. I was getting ready and someone calls saying "hey, your person isn't here yet" five minutes after they were suppose to be there. I go take care of something as they start calling said person. By the time I got back, they had gotten ahold of them and they said that they had called out with someone because they got new glasses and they had a headache. I know how that goes but... It's sitting at a desk. There's literally nothing to do. Unless someone needs a package or something. That's it. And tonight, there's two open shifts at desks. So, we'll see how that goes. I'm trying to pick what to work on.

• Sad 8