Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

Oh, if people are stealing Qunnie's art, I want to hunt them all down, and the rest we will leave to your imagination. She was a friend.  I used to joke with her, that I would wave when I flew by 

Her brother uses her Twitter account from time to time and posted about people stealing her art a while ago, for NFTs. I was very ticked off about it and it sealed the deal for me with them.

I only got to know her, via Twitter, right before she went in for the transplant surgery. Since I worked nights and she was up at night, we'd have these really long conversations on Twitter all night long. When she died, it hit me really hard. I even stopped using a certain GIF because of it. Every few months, people find those conversations and start liking parts of our conversations and it hurts every time. It really sucks. I won't say we were friends, as that would be a parasocial relationship, but I miss talking with her, seeing her art, and just... Yeah. Hang on, have to go cry for a minute. My goal was to get successful enough to commission her for a book cover. But that's not going to happen now.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we were suppose to play some D&D today, but I had a guy message me about an hour ago saying he couldn't make it. No worries, as it's actually cold this morning (currently in the upper teens) & my garage is cold even with the heater going in there. We'll try for next weekend.

I guess I could try & get some things done around here, we shall see.

• Like 8

Damn I love the NHL app!! I've been able to listen to Blues hockey via the radio/net feed. Lets go Blues!

Cleaning up the garage a bit, since I've become more one with it, I've got more stuff out there & it's kinda getting out of control.

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

@Chaoswolf

Just in case you've already forgotten what 2 feet of snow looks like...

Reveal hidden contents

That's an 18-inch ruler in these pics...

20220129_125411.thumb.jpg.f66e8238e37ab2d879b59eab2e8f7c65.jpg

20220129_125351.thumb.jpg.2c1908ae2ecb31b0ab2cab4099d0effe.jpg

::D:::D:::D:

Thank you!

Actually, I kinda miss it.

• Like 5

The youngest member of my RPG group is currently in the hospital where his SO is having their second child. The whole bunch has a text group going on now where he's giving us updates. And where we all of us are also trying to convince him that he lost a bet to me 15 years ago while drunk where I get to name one of his children. His SO is not amused, she's also not entirely sure if we're being serious or not.  I'm thinking Gandalf McNasty. We can call the kid Mickey, which works for both a boy or a girl. 

• Haha 15

35 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

. . . lost a bet to me 15 years ago while drunk where I get to name one of his children.

Had you lost the [alleged] bet what would he be naming ??

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

His SO is not amused, she's also not entirely sure if we're being serious or not. 

Tell her you made a pact that you'd get the kid's soul in exchange for his character finding a really cool magic item.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

26 minutes ago, TGP said:

Had you lost the [alleged] bet what would he be naming ??

That part of the lie never got fleshed out. And he forgot to ask. But he may have more important things on his mind right now. 

26 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Tell her you made a pact that you'd get the kid's soul in exchange for his character finding a really cool magic item.

Now that she would have believed without hesitation. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

& it's a box that when you take the lid gives off a 5 foot radius of light!!!

Enjoy the name, kid!!! :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3