Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:
9 hours ago, kristof65 said:

What is it with people wanting to draw out their conversations with me this week?  I answered your questions, you appeared to have understood my answers, just say goodbye and let me hangup!

Expand  

You've got a really sexy voice?::P:

Not the worst Friday you’ve ever had then? @kristof65

• Like 4

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Citrine said:

My mom died February 1st, but I did not feel like posting anything here until now.  Watched the funeral via streaming this morning at 5am with my husband and son.  The servece was at noon Norway time, but very early here in Iowa due to the 7 hour time difference.  Beautiful service.

In December last year I learned my mother had Alzheimer's.  Last week she was at a short-term facility, so my dad could have a break.

:down:   :down:   :down:   :down:  I am so very sorry. 

Reach out to your Dad, a lot. 

• Like 10

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220211

The quest for the perfect sandwich goes ever on…

8DE93453-0A58-4C95-9D94-EB017E91AC23.thumb.jpeg.92254736f695ec21c33f44a75603bd90.jpeg

Black Forest Ham, Roma Tomato, Lettuce, Muenster and Havarti Cheese, with Honey Mustard. 

A Variable in the experiment was the bread rolls. 

The one on the right is (?) factory-made-artisanal bread, if that is possible. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 12

41 minutes ago, TGP said:

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220211

The quest for the perfect sandwich goes ever on…

8DE93453-0A58-4C95-9D94-EB017E91AC23.thumb.jpeg.92254736f695ec21c33f44a75603bd90.jpeg

Black Forest Ham, Roma Tomato, Lettuce, Muenster and Havarti Cheese, with Honey Mustard. 

A Variable in the experiment was the bread rolls. 

The one on the right is (?) factory-made-artisanal bread, if that is possible. 

It is not. Artisanal, by its very definition, is something made in a traditional or non-mechanized way. As seems to be the case more often these days, the company unthinkingly decided to just toss around buzzwords without understanding their meaning, just because it sounds fancy.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
49 minutes ago, TGP said:

factory-made-artisanal bread, if that is possible.

It is not. Artisanal, by its very definition, is something made in a traditional or non-mechanized way. As seems to be the case more often these days, the company unthinkingly decided to just toss around buzzwords without understanding their meaning, just because it sounds fancy.

I suspected as much. But It is a nicer softer, bread than the other one. 

• Like 6

Aha! The term rs was just the radial distance from the center axis of the negative energy distribution that makes the warp bubble! Basically, the square root of y2+z2! Now the York Time equation makes much more sense and I can move on to working on that shaping function with a bit more understanding.

You know, if physicists would just explain things in less hoity-toity terms, us engineers could probably get us off this rock a lot sooner.

Oh. Right. Context. Working out how to calculate the Alcubierre warp bubble generated for a given negative energy distribution shape. I'm wanting to work up a series of "realistic" warp field driven spaceship miniatures. Ya know. For fun.

Wonder if Google will latch on to the above explanation. "York Time" does not bring up a lot of useful results and the research papers are horrifically lacking in explanation of all the variables. Which I thought was damn near rule #1 in a research paper. Well, #1 might be site all sources, but variables should be #2 at least.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I suspected as much. But It is a nicer softer, bread than the other one. 

Bread isn't supposed to be soft.  Dinner rolls are soft.  Bread is chewy and full of flavor meant to stand in as a plate you can eat.  Wonder bread is the scourge of humanity!

BTW:  I disappeared for a while due to serious medical issues.   On the road to recovery but it's a long one. 

Nice to see things haven't changed much!

• Like 19

Thawed out a corned beef brisket that had been sitting in the freezer downstairs since the stone age...  Threw it in the crock pot with some onions overnight, and since I happened to have a packet of brown gravy mix I threw that in as well. Wasn't like I really had any other use for it.

Boiled some brown rice with a box of mac and cheese thrown in just for giggles - I didn't have any milk for the cheese sauce, so the stuff never would have gotten made otherwise. 

Now I have a pot of corned beef and brown rice that tastes vaguely of gravy and cheese. It's not terrible.

• Like 11

Last night's dinner at WOOF HQ.

Pizza! ( bought the bottoms, added fresh toppings and cheese and oregano and baked in the oven)

My girl and Oldest vixen had a pizza Salami.

I topped mine with Tex Mex Chicken and Mushrooms and added jalapeno peppers on one half.

20220211_174716.jpg

• Like 13

@Citrine I am so very sorry. I lost my parents a long time ago. Wish I could give you a hug ::(:

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

BTW:  I disappeared for a while due to serious medical issues.   On the road to recovery but it's a long one. 

Nice to see things haven't changed much!

Glad to see that you're back, you were definitely missed! Here's hoping that you kick the butt of whatever temporarily took you down. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry to hear it, but I'm glad to see you again, and I hope that you get better as quick as possible.

• Like 7