Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Yah this & the other pizza post, we are having pizza tonight. Nothing special, just the Hut.

Fun session of D&D today, adding in Bryan Syme has helped wash away the taint of Richard the "Richard"head that was in the group previously. He is knowledgeable player & overall a fun guy to be around. We are pretty much playing throw away games right now as we'll start up the Witchlight campaign in a couple weeks. While I'd rather start it next Saturday (the start of my vacation), I'm gonna hold off until the next Saturday. I ran across a un-boxing site of the Beadle & Grimm Platinum Box set & while that one is way out of my price range, I do have the sliver box of Ghost of Saltmarsh Silver box & I really like that. I ended up going to B&G's site & compared the differences & I ended up ordering the Sliver Witchlight box. Pretty much the stuff in the Platinum, I already have acquired or really don't need. Plushie is cute & all, but nothing I'm interested in. There are some wearable butterfly wings for 4 players, which is a neat way to show the players have paid to get into the carnival, I've already devised a way to show that.

Speaking of Witchlight miniatures, I just got a response from miniaturemarket regarding a order I placed recently. One of the minis I got, all the arms (4 small thin arms) were broke, but were inside the bubble wrap package. So I was going to let it go & just super glue them back on, but in the end I sent them a email asking what should I do, as I really didn't want to return it as I need it & it one of those that is getting hard to find from that set + they are out of stock on the mini. The email I got said they'd either credit my account or the card I used due to I had to fix the mini. I went with store credit, cause I'm sure I'll find use for it "someday" ha ha.

Hopefully the good luck continues tonight as work, boss man told me the other day, corporate people came in & chewed him & the 2 store managers out due to the shelves were "too low" & he needed to trust the computer system & to order more aggressively on top when needed. I ask "so basically murder your freight crew is what they want" He replied "yah, pretty much". So who knows what awaits us tonight as far as the load goes. All I know is if he is gonna step up that piece count they better hire someone reliable to help us out. (fat chance of that happening).

My advice is, if they start to bury you with incoming freight just keep moving at your regular pace and when your shift is done, go home and don't think about it.

If the daytime crew can't pick up the extra then it just needs to sit there until there is time to deal with it.

It isn't worth it to risk both physical and mental burnout worrying over somebody else's screw ups and the necessary corrective action.  It won't be noticed by the higher ups, and from the sound of it, it won't be appreciated [or even noticed] by your store manager.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everyone has been having as best of days that they can. 

It has been very busy here. due to a family emergency of one of my coworkers, I picked up a few extra days this last week. I had today off but, had to go pick up our newest family member. I will post pics at a later date. Things there are going. he was bullied at his last home so that family just wanted him to go to a good home. We bought him and have introduced him to our zoo.... he is wary around the other three dogs, but he has decided that the mostly blind and deaf one, is not a threat and the other two or ok, but the feed time is when we are the most careful. we make sure to separate them so there is no fighting over food. 

My schedule has changed for next week as well. It has been decided that the other assistant manager and I will go in late and throw freight after hours.  not yesterday but the Friday be fore's truck did not show up till this last Tuesday, because it was stuck in the snow. and then this Friday's truck showed up last night and unloaded this morning. So long story short, we are even further behind on our truck and part of it is probably on the sales floor. 

I have made some recent acquisitions; I will post pictures later after the two newest arrive. I have made several purchases for GURPS and for 5E. My GURPS game is still going, I just have to find the time for a new response. Sorry Arkady. I should maybe get some time this coming week, so hopefully I can throw the players another curve ball. I think I am getting close to try to start my 5E game again. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:
9 hours ago, TGP said:

Post that in the question thread. 

But he's not finished ::P: That said, I really need to post something. Probably something multicolored, knowing me.

Well, it does not say “…painted and completed…” it merely says “…painted…”  so if I post anything it will be some thing I barely get started. I’ve done nothing recently

That said, the ones you did post look lovely. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Blerg. Much work, much busy. Well, work wasn't too much but I went through two days of training that I didn't really need. But it was still kind of exhausting. Plus, having my days split up really threw me for a loop.

I've been writing but having trouble with a story. It's some super hero stuff, which I like to dabble in, but I'm trying to figure out why people who can control minds haven't taken over the world. This is why I write about super hero stuff, to do though experiments about the powers and how they would change the world. Hopefully, if I can get this story cranked out and move on to something else.

I'm hoping to get back to painting minis at some point this month. I really want to get things finished. I'm hoping that things will get better and I can get some games going soon, so I might need to have things finished. :ph34r:

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

My advice is, if they start to bury you with incoming freight just keep moving at your regular pace and when your shift is done, go home and don't think about it.

If the daytime crew can't pick up the extra then it just needs to sit there until there is time to deal with it.

It isn't worth it to risk both physical and mental burnout worrying over somebody else's screw ups and the necessary corrective action.  It won't be noticed by the higher ups, and from the sound of it, it won't be appreciated [or even noticed] by your store manager.

GEM

Really sound advice, but neither my coworker or I are like that. We'll stay till it's done.

Load tonight isn't bad, not great either but the set up is elfed up for sure. On my way up here I noticed the truck was st the dock, but the driver was unloading as closing manager Princess Idiot (I'll use that term vs what I really wanna say) doesn't unload, she was directing thou. Driver stuck every board out on the floor. Once again, pallets of vendor items everywhere I need to be. I just now got done moving things to the way I do things. It only took my 90 mins or so tonight vs 2 hrs last load (improvements!!).

. I did stick the almighty water boards out by their aisles & the Princess threw one board & instead of filling the 24 pack waters, she just took enough to face up the shelf...:blink:...um ok.

I asked why she did that & got some lame excuse or a partially lame excuse cause I just walked off on her after hearing what I was hearing. So pretty much a standard night here so far!!

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

272804345_431956925373047_1224463898423564916_n.jpg.539d6100e51ad6419f2dbd9227144cc2.jpg

I think this sums up every person in the grocery dept here (minus myself & coworker of course).

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I'm trying to figure out why people who can control minds haven't taken over the world.

Well, the simplest "explanation" is that controlling someone requires active effort - you're only temporarily overriding their regular thought processes, so if you're not exerting control over them they revert back to their normal behavioral patterns.

Making them a permanent thrall requires actually rewiring their psyche, which is a very complex and time-consuming process if you expect them to be able to act reasonably normal and without your constant oversight.

• Like 14

Last Night's Dinner.

Chicken with Souvlaki Seasoning.

Tomato with Red Bell Pepper,, Olives and Feta from the Oven.

Eggplant with Feta in Tomato Sauce and herb from the Oven.

Dolmadakia's ( the ones with rice)

Sliced fried potatoes.

20220212_173033.jpg

• Like 11

On 2/12/2022 at 8:39 AM, Kuroneko said:

@Citrine I am so very sorry. I lost my parents a long time ago. Wish I could give you a hug ::(:

@Citrine my sympathy as well.  Losing anyone is hard and your parents moreso. 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:39 AM, Kuroneko said:

Glad to see that you're back, you were definitely missed! Here's hoping that you kick the butt of whatever temporarily took you down. 

Well recovery os a pain.  I am now a proud owner of a new condition:  Addison's disease.  It's permanent but survivable 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-12 134621.jpg

I beg to differ.  Hospital room in the US is 2000-5000 USD per night.  Each country has their own was of dealing with the high cost of Healthcare.

Besides. THIS is the most expensive overnight stay in America! 

100,000 per night in Las Vegas

image.png.b153645a3151e5d1d2646709c1801ccf.png

• Like 9

Played Stargrave until Stupid O'Clock.

Great game, maybe after Mordheim wraps up. ::):

Best was the Botched Deal. With our Initiative rolls we ened up with almost as many ruffians on the table as our own crews. ::P:

For some reason the phrase You Can't Take The Sky Fom Me kept coming into my head.

My crew is named Big Damn Heroes.

Grump's is named The Tekking Crew.

• Like 13