• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

Wrong Empire... ::P:

This one has a better logo.

empire_mirror_1024.jpg

What does the other side of that alternate earth look like!?  Is that one of the huge differences between universes, the Pacific Ocean of THAT Earth is much larger, therefore the continents are all more concentrated on the opposite face and the Atlantic and Indian Oceans are much smaller?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

What does the other side of that alternate earth look like!?  Is that one of the huge differences between universes, the Pacific Ocean of THAT Earth is much larger, therefore the continents are all more concentrated on the opposite face and the Atlantic and Indian Oceans are much smaller?

It's just bad logo design. In the Mirror Universe, there aren't any good logo designers working for their Empire, as all the good ones got killed off by their more physically capable underlings looking to advance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

@Pegazus I found the one I was thinking of - it's called AstroSynthesis by NBOS Software.  

This one shows promise. Includes the stars within 20LY, and has a download for 100 LY. With Sol disappearing from human vision at 58LY, I think that combo would probably work. Just have to ensure that all the bright stars get put in and I should be able to run the constellations. Cool. Thanks.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Or …

@Beagle

@Doug Sundseth

@kay13

@ub3r_n3rd

Yeah, I know several forumites who have gone over to the discord and do not check both forum and discord. 

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

LOL. Yes, it is a mess.  Partly by design and partly because I haven't figured out how to make the most legible map of it - what I posted was about a 1/3rd of the way through one attempt to make it more legible. 

The name of this setting is "Amid The Tangled Stars" and the weirdly interconnected FTL routes of this setting are known as  The Tangle.   So yeah, it's a mess.   My ultimate goal is to have multiple maps showing the Tangle in various ways.  The easiest ones to do are the maps of the individual "threads" that connect various star systems. Those look more like strip maps that go from point a to point b, and show all the systems in between, as well as major "intersections", which are star systems that have more than one thread.  The others will show more localized areas of the Tangle, typically centered around major star systems, such as the home territories of the three known star faring races. 

I have rough versions of my individual thread maps done, but before I can do the rest of the mapping, I need to have something that attempts to show the whole as neatly as possible so I can finish placing worlds and borders. 

I was attempting to use mind mapping software to do just that - give order to the mess - before I do up my polished maps using Campaign Cartographer. 

But you inspired an idea - Software for creating printed circuit boards from an electronics schematic might be able to do a better job. 

Thanks.

You can't see it because of the resolution of the screen shot I posted, but most of those nodes have exactly that on them - the 8 digit alphanumeric Universal World Profile right under the world name.  There are also about 50 of them currently labelled as "undesignated" - once I get the layout of the map sorted, I will be using them to place my major worlds. 

Yes, I'm breaking away from some of Traveller's traditions.  I'm using different FTL, thus different maps, and there is no gravity manipulation, so all my space ships look more like stuff out of The Expanse, stuff like that.  But I'm using the base Traveller rules, character generation, combat system, etc for the underlying framework. 

OK, technically, I'm not using Traveller - I'm using Cepheus Engine, which is an OGL version of Mongoose Traveller 1e, blended with elements from Original Traveller and Mega Traveller.   The reason I'm using Cepheus Engine is because there is an editable OGL document available that I can use to make my own rule book for the setting, which will make it easier to do things like customize the careers to tweak what skills are available to better reflect the tech.  

In the end, from the surface, it won't look like Traveller, but anyone already familiar with any of the 2d6 editions of Traveller will recognize the core.  The group I'm aiming this campaign for has only ever played D&D, so they won't know either way.  As they'll have their own copies of the ATTS rulebook, they'll be able to compare it to any 2d6 edition of Traveller, and see more similarities than differences, and that the bulk of the differences are related to the setting.  Heck, when I first got Traveller, all that was available was the box set of little black books, and we used that to play Star Wars, Star Trek  and a couple other settings, so for me, this is really no different. 

Well and to be fair, Traveller did not originally come out with a verse. it was added later, so any verse could be Traveller, and there are a few versions of Traveller, so I say do what you want. Marc Miller is not going to send you a C&D, or show up on your doorstep and tell you to quit. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

273150038_1870821969783281_2887163731995817711_n.thumb.jpg.33490dc23b4f9963301d27a1c1b9e59e.jpg

They've got some pretty darn cool stuff, though.

The complexity and price of Lego Sets appears to rise as a square function of the age of both the customer and the company.

GEM

Who remembers Erector Sets where stuff was held together with nuts and bolts.

None of this easy peasy snap together stuff.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The complexity and price of Lego Sets appears to rise as a square function of the age of both the customer and the company.

GEM

Who remembers Erector Sets where stuff was held together with nuts and bolts.

None of this easy peasy snap together stuff.

Lego + LotR = best sets ever! I bought most of them, even the Hobbit ones. I hope Lego makes some new sets for the Amazon series. They'll be overpriced, for sure, but still awesome. The new Jurassic sets also look amazing. 

• Like 9

So, I may have mentioned that I have acquired healthcare. (If I didn’t, I acquired healthcare 👍

Since acquiring the card is somewhat more affordable healthcare, I’ve had a few doctors appointments and a trip to the ER. Today I learned that I most likely have fatty liver disease, but that I can fix it if I stop eating fast food and exercise more. I also got some blood pressure medicine, which will hopefully help the breathlessness I’ve been feeling so I can exercise more. 

Not having healthcare, and then getting it, is expensive.

• Like 8
  • Sad 12

Tonight’s dinner: handmade tamales smothered in green chilis and cheese, rice, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes.

No, didn’t make this. Tuesday is our restaurant night as reward for surviving Monday. Not really. It’s usually quieter and had more “Kids eat free” nights, when the kids were 12 and younger that is. 

6BB2639C-EBB1-4314-B4C9-04B546C4CB33.thumb.jpeg.a5b6e1d273274ac1a9fb8dd9c0daa40b.jpeg

• Like 12