Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Just finished another test game for StarGrave...

I have to say it has the oddest method for determining who won.... (Do you think you won? Okay! You won!)

Though the second game left no doubt - I got hammered!

Void Blade turns out to be really nasty... my First Mate got sliced up by a nekkid lady with a big sword. (Megan's First Mate is a Mystic - she slices, she dices, and look what she does to this tomato! What I thought would be an even fight... wasn't.)

• Like 13

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The complexity and price of Lego Sets appears to rise as a square function of the age of both the customer and the company.

GEM

Who remembers Erector Sets where stuff was held together with nuts and bolts.

None of this easy peasy snap together stuff.

Same here with Meccano. It was a big push towards making me decide to be an engineer.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:
8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The complexity and price of Lego Sets appears to rise as a square function of the age of both the customer and the company.

GEM

Same here with Meccano. It was a big push towards making me decide to be an engineer.

I had: two kinds of building blocks, Lincoln Logs, Legos, Erector Sets, and three other snap together plastic building toys. 

And Hot Wheels tracks to make roads. 

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

What terrifies me about this is that they're using mph instead of km/h. Be safe over there.

24 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Agreed. Those are some pretty strong winds.

Thanks guys! Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. At least I don't live on the coast so I don't need to worry about storm surges anymore. I've got a bunch of RCL minis to work on, got some colour tests to do on textured plastic to see if I can make good faerie dragon wings AND I've got my first ever piece of lazer cut MDF to play with. Should be fun! 

1582867794_IMG_20220216_1251305092.thumb.jpg.83d134aa7b4a8cd0acc5f1484ed6ec90.jpg

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, TGP said:

What is the difference Yellow/Amber ?

The wind gust info reads the same for both. 

Its all down to probability of disruption. The northern areas are less heavily populated, so that may factor in as well, I'm not sure. Here's the explanation from the Met office. 

Spoiler

metofficegovuk_xsmall.jpeg.1415883b3909cec5d344695d911af454.jpeg

Yellow Warning: Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations. Many are issued when it is likely that the weather will cause some low level impacts, including some disruption to travel in a few places. Many people may be able to continue with their daily routine, but there will be some that will be directly impacted and so it is important to assess if you could be affected. Other yellow warnings are issued when the weather could bring much more severe impacts to the majority of people but the certainty of those impacts occurring is much lower. It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the yellow warning.

Amber Warning: There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans. This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property. You should think about changing your plans and taking action to protect yourself and your property. You may want to consider the impact of the weather on your family and your community and whether there is anything you need to do ahead of the severe weather to minimise the impact.

Red Warning: Dangerous weather is expected and, if you haven’t already done so, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather. It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure. You should avoid travelling, where possible, and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.

Just to make things interesting, there's a category red hitting to the south on Friday :zombie:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

GEM

As I kid I loved buillding with erector sets.
As a teenager... I loved SAYING Erector Set.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Just finished another test game for StarGrave...

I have to say it has the oddest method for determining who won.... (Do you think you won? Okay! You won!)

Though the second game left no doubt - I got hammered!

Void Blade turns out to be really nasty... my First Mate got sliced up by a nekkid lady with a big sword. (Megan's First Mate is a Mystic - she slices, she dices, and look what she does to this tomato! What I thought would be an even fight... wasn't.)

Snicker snack, baby!

The naked paladin from Artisan Guild was supposed to be a proxie, but after that, I'm keeping her on the table! ::P:

Grump brought some bottles of Malta India. I had two bottles and STILL have no idea if I like or not.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

So, I may have mentioned that I have acquired healthcare. (If I didn’t, I acquired healthcare 👍

Since acquiring the card is somewhat more affordable healthcare, I’ve had a few doctors appointments and a trip to the ER. Today I learned that I most likely have fatty liver disease, but that I can fix it if I stop eating fast food and exercise more. I also got some blood pressure medicine, which will hopefully help the breathlessness I’ve been feeling so I can exercise more. 

Not having healthcare, and then getting it, is expensive.

This is some biting commentary on the American healthcare system.

Just one more shift until I get to sit at a desk for a night. I am very much looking forward to it. I don't know what I'm going to work on but I do have all of those Rifts and Palladium books to look through... Or maybe I'll find something else to flip through. I think I need to take a break from writing, I have a bunch of other stuff I need to do. Plus, I'm waiting to hear back if they're going to put that story up. Oh, I could catch up on blog articles. Hmm.

• Like 9