Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinner tonight is a quick knockoff of Olive Garden’s zuppa tuscano:

3958A5B2-10E6-4BC6-9916-2DCB3B2F91FF.thumb.jpeg.789d623aab1e405b83279ca3f0ef1752.jpeg

Pretty simple concoction. Cook up some Italian sausage, add to chicken stock, heavy cream, a sliced and quartered potato, and some kale. Red pepper flakes to taste. Simmer for an hour or until the potatoes are soft. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Pretty simple concoction. Cook up some Italian sausage, add to chicken stock, heavy cream, a sliced and quartered potato, and some kale. Red pepper flakes to taste. Simmer for an hour or until the potatoes are soft. 

Looks good. Time to see if my local butcher shop is making sausage again. Two years ago it suddenly got impossible to find, and when it came back at the grocery store the price went way up.  For something made of leftover bits, it sure costs a lot. 

We had bean and bacon soup.  Cook white beans until soft, drain and add chopped carrot, onion, celery, and garlic.  Cover with chicken or vegetable stock, and and one large bay leaf.  Cook until vegs are tender.  Start mashing beans in the bottom of the pan to thicken the soup.  Add cooked chopped bacon and serve. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Looks good. Time to see if my local butcher shop is making sausage again. Two years ago it suddenly got impossible to find, and when it came back at the grocery store the price went way up.  For something made of leftover bits, it sure costs a lot. 

We had bean and bacon soup.  Cook white beans until soft, drain and add chopped carrot, onion, celery, and garlic.  Cover with chicken or vegetable stock, and and one large bay leaf.  Cook until vegs are tender.  Start mashing beans in the bottom of the pan to thicken the soup.  Add cooked chopped bacon and serve. 

Unfortunately the prices on almost everything are up.

Including primal cuts of meat.

Which means the leftover bits are more expensive.

It's a Red Queens race and we're all number cards.

GEM

BTW, the soup sounds delicious.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, the plan was to sleep in today. I woke up to . . .

Breakfast is an important meal. Speaking of which:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220219

Nate went all the way to Georgia to bring me this honey. I guess those honeybees—or their beekeepers—needed the money. 
24DC83D9-F73E-4139-84D1-51D06EC71DDF.thumb.jpeg.9e4450422b019e4cab1e92dc8f5553ee.jpeg

Honey, Land O Lakes brand Butter, on a toasted, split open, French Roll. 

(Not quite sure why they call it a French roll. Pretty sure it was not baked in France.)

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Stupidest thing I have seen today…

82e95969-00a9-4fba-bd3c-acf7516ad960.925

This is a Fake Thor’s Hammer. It unfolds to reveal a basic and probably cheap toolkit. 

This ^ may no longer be the stupidest thing I have seen today. In my defense, the day was young. 

The BookoftheFace has tried to offer me gummy chicken’s feet for sale.  :blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

I get to spend all of next week at a desk and I have no idea what I'm going to do. Yet. I do have a few (dozen) stories I could finish but I also have a new gaming idea kicking around, so...

Here's a conversation starter:

What's the one table top (RPG or minis) game that you've always wanted to play but have never had a chance to? And why is that?

For me, it's probably Dark Heresy. I always wanted to get into it but either didn't have the money, time, or people. I do have a copy of Black Crusade but haven't been able to find the right people to play it.

• Like 9

No game today due to a player had to catch up on work, so no sense in running the game. Seems like the Saturday night I have off due to vacation, I never can get a game in...ha ha. Oh well, gives me some time to try & prep for the start of Witchlight next Saturday. I tried to sleep in, but I since I didn't sleep yesterday after work, I fell asleep after I ordered (& ate) pizza & then woke up around 130 this morning. I did try & take a nap on the couch around 5, so I'm not going to do a all day'r. Need to listen to the Winterhawks game tonight, it's been awhile since I've listened to a game + Saturday night Battle with "hated" Seattle!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Breakfast is an important meal. Speaking of which:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220219

Nate went all the way to Georgia to bring me this honey. I guess those honeybees—or their beekeepers—needed the money. 
24DC83D9-F73E-4139-84D1-51D06EC71DDF.thumb.jpeg.9e4450422b019e4cab1e92dc8f5553ee.jpeg

Honey, Land O Lakes brand Butter, on a toasted, split open, French Roll. 

(Not quite sure why they call it a French roll. Pretty sure it was not baked in France.)

Did it try to insult you before you ate it? Then it would explain it..

• Haha 7