Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Cancelled an Amazon order two weeks ago. Placed it the first of January and other than printing a FedEx label, the seller didn’t do anything. It showed up today, and was picked up last Wednesday.

Their problem. 

A friend of mine calls it the "idiot tax." We've all had to pay it some time or another.

• Like 7

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220220

Yesterday's attempt got a little bit Dagwood-ish. 
0B7A55F9-C107-46C0-8212-A38481D3F316.thumb.jpeg.37979c2970fa38871febe42150307b64.jpeg

From memory (and from the top) it was Mustard**, Green Leaf Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes, Smoked Ham, Havarti Cheese, Roast Beef, Muenster Cheese, Smoked Ham, Havarti Cheese, and Ham once again. 

And there was one more layer of Mustard in there somewhere. 

**The Mustard was Dr. T.G.  Pendrake’s super-secret, special blend of select mustards, the formula to which is a such closely guarded secret that it cannot possibly be copied by any imitator!

Edited by TGP
Having not written it down, Dr Pendrake is unlikely to ever reproduce it again.
  • Like 12

Hmm... Kickstarter recommended a nifty looking solo journaling RPG that I'm very tempted to throw some money at, but I'm not sure it's something I'd really be interested in doing.

Going to have to give it some thought, and read up on what journaling RPG's actually are!

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Hmm... Kickstarter recommended a nifty looking solo journaling RPG that I'm very tempted to throw some money at, but I'm not sure it's something I'd really be interested in doing.

Going to have to give it some thought, and read up on what journaling RPG's actually are!

Link please! (Or add to the relevant page...)

• Like 8

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Bratwurst with a curry sauce that is mostly ketchup.

It was invented by a German woman after WWII, when a British soldier gave her a bottle of ketchup and a jar of curry powder.

The ketchup is what threw Megan for a loop - but the actual sauce is more like a barbecue sauce than straight ketchup. (Remember, the root of barbecue sauce is just ketchup and mustard mixed together, with other stuff added to season.)

Not my recipe - but then I don't really have a recipe for it, I just sort of make it up on the spot, different every time - mine has honey, paprika, cinnamon, allspice, and mustard/mustard powder, but no baking soda. On occasion it has also included chocolate. ::P:

The Auld Grump

https://cookidoo.be/recipes/recipe/nl-BE/r437679

https://cookidoo.be/recipes/recipe/nl/r479554

Or store bought...

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-21 111620.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

Well, in my effort to clean, I packed up my paints. I don't dare count how many I have (for that leads to madness) but I did pick up two containers at Ross a few weeks ago and filled them with my paints. I suppose I have some room for more but I really should start, I don't know, use them? ::P:

I'm also trying to sort my minis a bit better, putting them in different containers based on when they would be used. Like, one box for low-level encounters (Kobolds, goblins, zombies, and skeletons), another for higher level monsters, and another for bosses and character minis. However, I did discover that I might need more containers. And space to put them.

In short, cleaning and organizing sucks when you realize that you don't have enough room for all your stuff.

Edited by CaptainPete
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

A friend of mine calls it the "idiot tax." We've all had to pay it some time or another.

One of the variables in the source code of one of the tellers I work on is named "dumbtax".  

The variable is used to track overpayments if a customer pays with too many quarters when the machine is setup to only dispense dollar coins. 

Good morning Monday.  I bow before thee, requesting a light day today, as I'm the only one working the phones today. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

image.png.ee3b85671d9bfa4d6091c55f86959209.png

It begs the question, what is on the other side of this mat? Is it this awesome? Do we even care?

Hopefully this:

Definitely-Not-A-Trap-Door-Doormat.jpg

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

272294147_3019228991663703_2662358890915225894_n.thumb.jpg.bbac8af89fb00948a344d1ca530775e1.jpg

Friend of mine, just posted the 'Book, a cowboy one that sorta follows these steps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8