Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

7 hours ago, TGP said:

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220220

Yesterday's attempt got a little bit Dagwood-ish. 
0B7A55F9-C107-46C0-8212-A38481D3F316.thumb.jpeg.37979c2970fa38871febe42150307b64.jpeg

From memory (and from the top) it was Mustard**, Green Leaf Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes, Smoked Ham, Havarti Cheese, Roast Beef, Muenster Cheese, Smoked Ham, Havarti Cheese, and Ham once again. 

And there was one more layer of Mustard in there somewhere. 

**The Mustard was Dr. T.G.  Pendrake’s super-secret, special blend of select mustards, the formula to which is a such closely guarded secret that it cannot possibly be copied by any imitator!

You missed an ingredient:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3eba7f4906a036c8faa45cd39612bcfb.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Monday has been fine as far as work goes, which is good, because my router is giving me fits.  The Wi-Fi portion of my router has decided not to talk to the internet:

image.thumb.png.f646b382a15e433ee2d61c373b97a016.png

This happened after the router auto installed an important update last night.  I've spent the last three hours pulling my hair out over it. 

• Sad 8

Hello all

I posted pictures of all my loot I have gotten over the last month and half.  Well other than to new rescue we got and my new phone. I need to go through my GURPS books and make a list of what I have....I am just not sure how I want to do it as I have some of them as PDFs. I did find an app but it and have quite a few books in it, but,.... I do not know how to explain it as I do not fully understand.. I like it, but I do not like it. 

I will have to get back to it . 

I hope everyone id having the bestest day they can. 

• Like 8

Woke up this morning to several inches of snow on the ground.

Weather guessers give us a 50/50 chance for more snow tonight.

Radio says chain controls are in effect on most highways.

If we got a few inches, Carson City got circa a foot of snow.

I need to go into Carson City for a Costco run this afternoon.  Top item on my list is fresh cut flowers for Mama's Birthday, tomorrow.  Won't be leaving the house until mid afternoon, as I figure the more time I give for the plows and sunshine to work the easier my excursion will be.

Y'all stay safe and warm.

GEM

• Like 7

Beyond the Kit will not be on today, usually at 2:00 PM.  Kwindy reminded me of this at the end of Anne's show.  Rhonda Bender mentioned last week she would be taking an oil painting class at that time.  Reaper is hosting MiniaturesDen right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Kane said:

Yeah headed this way too. Bringing rain sleet and snow with it. 

Not looking forward to this hitting us, if it does.  Seems that most of these have been curving around us. 

I figured out the major cause of my wi-Fi issue, if not the specifics, nor a solution. 

Seems that the Wi-Fi on my T-Mobile cellular modem is causing interference with the mesh Wi-Fi network on my Synology router, but only right after the Synology reboots.  Not sure why exactly - I have a support ticket into Synology about it - but it wouldn't be a problem if I could turn the Wi-Fi radio OFF in the T-Mobile modem.  But for some stupid reason, the software engineers who wrote the firmware for it left no way to turn the radio off..  Best I can do is drop it down to 12% power. 

This is the first router I've encountered in years where you can't disable the Wi-Fi radio. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with T-Mobile's home internet tech support getting them to generate a ticket to their software engineers asking for a firmware version that allows the radio to be turned off. Had to point out that every CenturyLink, Comcast and MediaCom modem I've had up until now has allowed me to do that.

I suspect that ticket will go now where, so the next solution is probably going to be running another ethernet cable so I can relocate the T-Mobile modem to the garage or something. 

• Sad 9

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Not looking forward to this hitting us, if it does.  Seems that most of these have been curving around us. 

I figured out the major cause of my wi-Fi issue, if not the specifics, nor a solution. 

Seems that the Wi-Fi on my T-Mobile cellular modem is causing interference with the mesh Wi-Fi network on my Synology router, but only right after the Synology reboots.  Not sure why exactly - I have a support ticket into Synology about it - but it wouldn't be a problem if I could turn the Wi-Fi radio OFF in the T-Mobile modem.  But for some stupid reason, the software engineers who wrote the firmware for it left no way to turn the radio off..  Best I can do is drop it down to 12% power. 

This is the first router I've encountered in years where you can't disable the Wi-Fi radio. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with T-Mobile's home internet tech support getting them to generate a ticket to their software engineers asking for a firmware version that allows the radio to be turned off. Had to point out that every CenturyLink, Comcast and MediaCom modem I've had up until now has allowed me to do that.

I suspect that ticket will go now where, so the next solution is probably going to be running another ethernet cable so I can relocate the T-Mobile modem to the garage or something. 

Since it's a radio issue, and therefore broadcast over the public airwaves, you might consider as a last desperate act contacting your local FCC Field Office and filing a complaint there

You have a legitimate complaint that falls squarely in the FCCs bailiwick as you have a device that is causing broadcast interference with another device.

Good Luck

GEM

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Since it's a radio issue, and therefore broadcast over the public airwaves, you might consider as a last desperate act contacting your local FCC Field Office and filing a complaint there

You have a legitimate complaint that falls squarely in the FCCs bailiwick as you have a device that is causing broadcast interference with another device.

Good Luck

GEM

Doh!  Why didn't I think of that? You would think with my original background in radio transmitters, I would have thought of that. 

Not necessarily going to call the FCC, but I can probably get T-Mobile to take my compliant more seriously if I threaten to file an official complaint. 

6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

So I went on a little engineering diversion based on trying to determine the hole size needed to block kristof’s wifi router (similar to the holes on a microwave’s door). Yeah, too many things to relearn so no solution for ya.  

The problem with a Faraday cage is that it's a cellular modem - so any thing that blacks the Wi-Fi is likely going to interfere with the two bars of cellular connection I get. 

Although I'm only getting 2 bars of cellular connectivity, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the speed and bandwidth - they only promise ~60Mbps second, but I often get over 100Mbps, and today I was getting as high as 150Mbps at times. 

• Like 7