Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I waited almost all day for someone else to do this; I can't hold back anymore.

Today is February 22, 2022, sometimes (at least where I'm from) written like this:  2/22/22.

Do you know what that makes today?

TWOS-day.

::D:::P::lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

I was productive! But threw my back out in the process. I am now stuck at the hobby desk, which I cleaned off yesterday, and have no paints up here for any of the WIPs hanging out.

I managed to hang a piece of art and get most of my palettes clean. I have a stack of, maybe, 10 or 15 cheap plastic ones. I also cleaned my ceramic palette which I need to remember to not use metallic paint on or at least let it dry on it. Even Simple Green isn't helping.

Still need to clean brushes some. Not sure if I have a glass jar for the brush restorer but I'll at least run them through some master's soap a few times and hope they'll behave. I've neglected them for a while.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Pegazus said:

But feels good pressing that imaginary button on the dash. 

Imaginary button? 

Oh, no. I've got a real one installed, complete with the red safety cover to prevent 'accidental' activation.

I just need it to actually DO something.

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

23 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

@Kuroneko---at least he was polite enough to do it in the litterbox. I hope he's feeling better soonest.

Thank you! 

Oddly, the litterbox is his go to place for being sick. He's such a helpful boy! 

Thankfully, he seems almost back to normal now. Current theories regarding his sickness include eating too many spiders, stealing Divas' fancy food or just being stressed out over the constant high winds that we've had lately. He woke up my housemate(still on the sofa) at 5.40am with the attitude of "Hey, why aren't we in bed yet?" :lol:

Here's a picture from this evening, doing his standard paw on my hand to remind me that I've been sitting at the desk for over three hours and I really should feed him soon :wub:

IMG_20220222_210544239.thumb.jpg.99bba1098d99599f03fba6c4b4b9142b.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

TWOS-day.

Anne started her stream off very carefully pronouncing the TWO in Tuesday. Was this why?

it is odd that a day named after a one-handed god should partly sound like the numeral two. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Imaginary button? 

Oh, no. I've got a real one installed, complete with the red safety cover to prevent 'accidental' activation.

I just need it to actually DO something.

:lol:

I actually do have an imaginary button in my car. It's a 2015 Ford Escape and we think the button is where the sunroof button would be if it had one. Sadly, the button isn't really a button, since you can't press it. My friend in college had a real beater of a little car and it had an aftermarket switch someone had installed. We had no idea what it did, only what it did not do (which was anything, as far as we could tell). 

• Like 8

My sister and I have come up with the million dollar idea: we are going to make a grocery store theme park and call it Feed Me Land. The idea came about after learning that Disney pumps aromas into certain areas of the park to enhance the magic. We decided to make a grocery store that did that and had sounds, like gulls and surf in the seafood section, and such. You just drive your cart on to the track, lock it in and go for a magical tour of Feed Me Land, while choosing food products along the way. Feed Me Land will be even more popular than fast food restaurants with children and cheaper than conventional theme parks. Better yet, people have to go food shopping, so why not make it entertaining? We hope to debut Feed Me Land on Dragons Den later this year. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I had the thought of starting an appliance company. The hook would be that there wouldn’t be a single transistor thus zero chips. Mechanical controls only, with some very minor electrical components. 

So, like my word processor?

5EAFC252-AF34-47DB-9C99-3DBCFB07919B.jpeg.5fc99b681821d6264aa3cd4a35027f5d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

We've got another storm, with only 50mph winds this time. Our mini greenhouse got loose of it's moorings and tried to escape but luckily it couldn't climb the fence to see the neighbours trampoline which is currently doing lazy laps of their garden. Just spent half an hour in the wind and rain corralling and tethering the greenhouse so hopefully it'll stay put now. The trampoline remains at large, hopefully it won't end up like this one in Edinburgh

1_tramp.jpg.e54ab7e924882c9c3f1e33f6f1713bc5.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

22 hours ago, TGP said:

What does kidling do for fun while Mommy plays Skyrim?

And if anyone deserves a day like that once in a while it is you. 

Well, she made a colossal mess in her room, spreading her toys all over the floor. But she also sat on the couch with me, with her controller (it’s an old PS3 controller) and “helped” me.

Mostly she made a mess though 😆

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Alright, I waited almost all day for someone else to do this; I can't hold back anymore.

Today is February 22, 2022, sometimes (at least where I'm from) written like this:  2/22/22.

TWOS-day.

It's funny the Classic Rock channel on iheartradio does 2fers on Tuesday, just like the classic rock station on old fashion radio stations did back in the day. I make it a point to listen to that station that day. I guess it's the little things that help me make it through a work night, or day at home.

Someone pointed out the red button..........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIopdieC87C-qYu1zxDRa

Watched Goldfinger the other night on tv.

• Like 8