Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

More snow. Just enough to be annoying. 

Bloodborne addiction is still going strong, progressed enough to upgrade the cane so Lard Lad and the Maneater Boar are now easily dealt with. Also took down the hunters Druja and Henryk, the Bloodstarved Beast and the Witch of Hemrick. Bought the Old Hunters DLC and the first Dark Souls as well. Elden Ring came out today, but I'll wait on that until after I've played through the Souls series so perhaps next year. 

Pizza fixings and doughs are thawing currently, and this weekend I'll also be experimenting with burrito versions of the breakfast skillet. 

• Like 6

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

As am I.

However, there are certain events in the real world that can not should not be ignored, even here.

GEM

The near-absolute restriction on anything that could be considered "political" is rather stifling and feels like putting our collective head in the sand.  Heads down everyone; nothing's going on! Keep painting your miniatures!

Sometimes you don't want to talk about things with total internet randos, and instead prefer to discuss them with recognizable internet randos. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Extra day off work! Well, it comes at the price of having to use some of the flex time I've recently acquired, but roads are too icy to make the hour drive safely. So I used the benefit. And glad I did, witnessed the neighbor slide down his driveway into his yard, and am pretty sure he ripped out his dog fence. Neighbor next to him couldn't even get up their driveway from all the ice. So, correct decision made this morning.

Now to figure out what to do with the day.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, VitM said:

Sometimes you don't want to talk about things with total internet randos, and instead prefer to discuss them with recognizable internet randos. :lol:

Over the years, Beekeepers became the one place I could (usually) have civil conversations with people of many different view points. I think the shared love of minis kept most of us civil.  I really miss that, especially right now as there are a couple of situations I'd love to get different viewpoints on, without having to deal with all the trolls. 

To those of you out there who broccoli'd it up for those of us who could stay civil in the heat of debate, may your paints separate, and your mold lines be difficult to remove. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 2/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, Thoramel said:

Anyways, here's a picture of the little guy in question shortly after coming to, spoilered in case anyone has a thing about snakes:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20220223_200241606_HDR.thumb.jpg.0d4d6f3f1c8270be44ff0f2f157743b8.jpg

A quite adorable garden variety helper-noodle there 🙂

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

@pcktlnt

Okay, quick updates:

Redambrosia's Sophie is even cuter now.

Gliitterwolf is still posting the delicious meals.

W.O.O.F. has finally admitted to MEOW's superiority.

People are planning for Reapercon already.

Sylverthorne is out on bail from trying to get her well FINALLY in.

Chaoswolf has been sober twice...

I'm pretty sure at least two of those aren't entirely true....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, VitM said:

There's so many other places I have people I know online. There are some things that I would like Reaper, as a company comment on due to being located in Texas. And the government of Texas has done two things in the past year or so, one very recently, that makes it hard to not just take over the world so I can pave over the whole state and turn it into a massive wind power farm. That idea came from a Texas native, by the way.

However, I have those other places to discuss those things and do so there. That's what the internet is for, isn't it? Screaming at people you don't know and calling them names? So, I rather like just talking about little plastic and metal people. And how to paint them. And what ones I'd like to see. And so on.

The other problem is that things have gotten so bad in the last six years that friendships and families have been broken up because of their political beliefs, not to mention the religious and others, which are all tied up into a massive knot in the US (and some other places). If we were to discuss some of the topics, even politely, there's a very good chance that you might find that the folks you like might have very drastically different beliefs than you thought. There's a few people I interact with here that I freely admit I would slam with memes and taunts on, say, Twitter if we were talking there, due our drastically different beliefs on the topics of politics, religion, labor rights, Covid, and so on. I'm able to set that aside because I'm here to talk about those little people I mentioned earlier and not those issues.

That said, that's probably why I won't go to ReaperCon for a while. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

There's so many other places I have people I know online. There are some things that I would like Reaper, as a company comment on due to being located in Texas. And the government of Texas has done two things in the past year or so, one very recently, that makes it hard to not just take over the world so I can pave over the whole state and turn it into a massive wind power farm. That idea came from a Texas native, by the way.

However, I have those other places to discuss those things and do so there. That's what the internet is for, isn't it? Screaming at people you don't know and calling them names? So, I rather like just talking about little plastic and metal people. And how to paint them. And what ones I'd like to see. And so on.

The other problem is that things have gotten so bad in the last six years that friendships and families have been broken up because of their political beliefs, not to mention the religious and others, which are all tied up into a massive knot in the US (and some other places). If we were to discuss some of the topics, even politely, there's a very good chance that you might find that the folks you like might have very drastically different beliefs than you thought. There's a few people I interact with here that I freely admit I would slam with memes and taunts on, say, Twitter if we were talking there, due our drastically different beliefs on the topics of politics, religion, labor rights, Covid, and so on. I'm able to set that aside because I'm here to talk about those little people I mentioned earlier and not those issues.

Personally, I find myself so busy at ReaperCon doing  Con StuffTM  that there is no time for discussion of mundane affairs.

GEM

9 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Personally, I find myself so busy at ReaperCon doing  Con StuffTM  that there is no time for discussion of mundane affairs.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

GEM

Well, I'm assuming that there might be alcohol and my ability to keep my damn mouth shut (already defective) fails when I have even one drink. So.... Yeah. :lol:

• Like 5

Random unaccomplished goals from childhood:

• eating my weight in candy without getting sick
  • exacting revenge on the Thomas boy after kicking me out of batting-order in baseball recess
  • having a Swiss bank account (wanted one ever since watching Raul Julia as M. Bison in the movie adaptation of Street Fighter)
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Random unaccomplished goals from childhood:

• eating my weight in candy without getting sick
  • exacting revenge on the Thomas boy after kicking me out of batting-order in baseball recess
  • having a Swiss bank account (wanted one ever since watching Raul Julia as M. Bison in the movie adaptation of Street Fighter)

That first one is kind of a trap.

You eat your weight in candy. But it makes you gain weight. So you have to eat more candy. Which makes you gain even more weight. So you even more candy.

Why is my dentist making "Kaching!" sounds?

18 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I hope everyone is having the bestest Friday they can. 

This morning I've been officially diagnosed with adult ADHD (meaning a neurospychologist evaluated me over several sessions).

And from my point of view, it's a good thing! Now I can start getting official treatments (starting with the non-medicated techniques first).

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I hope everyone is having the bestest Friday they can. 

I guess?  We had a feature in our software that depended on a 3rd party api break this week because the 3rd party made a change that broke it's compatibility with the embedded browser tool we were using in .net and I had to half rewrite it in 2 days to use a different newer control... I'm not the best with web interfaces and API, I mostly do database and reporting with a little basic UI, but I  beat the problem into submission with my face until it's knuckles broke and now it's working again....

• Like 8

Me (asking engineer): How does feature X on product Y work? Does it work like Description A or Description B? 

Engineer: Product Y is not the same as product Z. 

Me: Yes, I know, but I'm confused about the way product Y works. Does it work like A or B? Or can it be switched to change between A & B? I need to know to help troubleshoot this site 

Engineer: What software does the site have? 

Me; Software version is K. 

Engineer:  How old is this site? 

Me: Database says 2015

Engineer:  Current version is M. 
<questioning continues to the point we've covered most of the rest of the alphabet without him acknowledging A or B>
Me: bangs head against desk. 

I still don't know if it's supposed to work like A or B. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 8