Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Got trained at the other desk last night by a dude old enough to be my dad (he's a year old than my dad, actually) and he smokes. A lot. I like to dip out here and there for a smoke but this dude was like every 30 minutes. I'm not saying a thing to my bosses, because screw the man. He gets the job done.

I've got a few Twitter writer friends that are talking about doing a co-op story and I suddenly feel like it's 1999 again. We'll see what happens...

And now I need to get started on some things. I may make another tread for some single minis I took pictures of. And I might put some together if I get some requests after the blog post goes live. :ph34r:

• Like 8

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I am tired. I slept on the couch last night and Husband slept upstairs. Sleeping in the bed right now is really weird as our cat would wedge herself between us most nights. So not sure how long I'll be on the couch but might be a few days.

We lost Bittykins in October of 2020.  She sat in my lap for breakfast most days that I was home for about 10 years.  I couldn't sit in her spot on the couch for months.  It just felt...empty.  Like something essential had been left behind.  I ended up avoiding the living room altogether after a while.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7659bf689316f5d0f14ee29069ea8f4d.png

Then we ended up with a runt that needed individual attention.  In this case it mostly meant that in addition to assorted really fiddly meds (they don't formulate them in kitten doses) I needed to hand feed her genuinely disturbing quantities of baked chicken and let her sleep it off in my lap.  The house is decidedly finite, so the living room it was.  I'm not sure that I would have gone back there on my own - I needed a reason to be there.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1303b07687159581bb5bae66f4bff516.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Really not wanting to go back to work tomorrow. The long shifts really aren't conducive to productivity, in the work or at home. I really need to find something else, I'm tired of spending my off-days having to recuperate and vacuum the car out to make sure I didn't bring any powder back on my clothes (which I probably did). And dealing with IT on my own time, since I still can't log into my HR cloud outside of an on-site work computer and view my payslips. Been trying to get a hold of IT on the phone all day, haven't gotten through yet.

On the bright side, I just need to get through two more days this week. And hopefully by next week the seat covers I ordered for my car will arrive (to prevent the need for earlier stated vacuuming). Now I just need to find a good cleaner for the dashboard/steering wheel.

Started using Duolingo's free aspects to try to learn a new language and keep the brain working. Anyone else ever use it? I'm thinking of using it to also brush up on my German that I haven't used in the past... well, it's been a while.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

We lost Bittykins in October of 2020.  She sat in my lap for breakfast most days that I was home for about 10 years.  I couldn't sit in her spot on the couch for months.  It just felt...empty.  Like something essential had been left behind.  I ended up avoiding the living room altogether after a while.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.7659bf689316f5d0f14ee29069ea8f4d.png

Then we ended up with a runt that needed individual attention.  In this case it mostly meant that in addition to assorted really fiddly meds (they don't formulate them in kitten doses) I needed to hand feed her genuinely disturbing quantities of baked chicken and let her sleep it off in my lap.  The house is decidedly finite, so the living room it was.  I'm not sure that I would have gone back there on my own - I needed a reason to be there.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1303b07687159581bb5bae66f4bff516.png

We have another cat and while I've been contemplating getting another one (even before this happened) but I don't think it's feasible right now. Our other cat has mild kidney issues and is on an Rx dry food for that. We aren't sure how we'd separate the food out to make it work. Meal times aren't really an option. The house feels emptier. I am still on the couch for the time being and Husband has been sleeping in the guest room upstairs. Not sure how long I can keep it up on the couch but I know at some point I'll have to go sleep in my bed eventually.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Sadness is when your library system has over 7000 books on search term = ancient egypt, but you're convinced you've read all the good ones already. I really like some of the kids ones, because --pictures!. The one in town has this really neat one by Stephen Biesty that's like a Where's Waldo of the ancient world. It's OOP, or I'd have my own copy. The librarian will give it to me when she culls it from the system, but the fact I take it out every other month means that won't be happening for a while.  

well, it's not hard to have read all the good books on Ancient Egypt, most of them are rubbish...either that or they're more closely related to fiction than not

same with most books on ancient [insert desired culture here]

for the one you want, you could ask if you're the only one who borrows it, and convince said librarian that it's taking up valuable shelf space for the benefit of a single person if you are...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

well, it's not hard to have read all the good books on Ancient Egypt, most of them are rubbish...either that or they're more closely related to fiction than not

Whew, you didn't say videos, so that must mean that the Stargate TV show is a good one about Ancient Egypt. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

19 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Sadness is when your library system has over 7000 books on search term = ancient egypt, but you're convinced you've read all the good ones already. I really like some of the kids ones, because --pictures!. The one in town has this really neat one by Stephen Biesty that's like a Where's Waldo of the ancient world. It's OOP, or I'd have my own copy. The librarian will give it to me when she culls it from the system, but the fact I take it out every other month means that won't be happening for a while.  

Kid’s books are often great for the illustrations.

Speaking of Ancient Egypt, I found this in my local library’s culls a few years ago:

E86AC9E7-7091-45E9-AE17-FF944A104747.jpeg.dc8de6281ab38501a9dc20e91f591e4b.jpeg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

figured my problem.....

2118304144_Paintingstation01.jpg

Your problem is, that is WAAAAY TO CLEAN!!! :lol:

Interesting setup, what's the light?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

How can my hair continue to be on fire for this many days?! Am I growing asbestos instead?!

In other stories, I was one class away from having a minor in archaeology. Took a high level class in Egyptian archaeology. When the professor was a young boy in Egypt, he helped a certain British professor uncovering artifacts of significance. Or so he says. Class was graded on two papers and attendance. People actually flunked. Crazy. Just come listen to some old Egyptian talk about Egypt and get at least a C.

• Like 10