Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G.R.F.F.N Food Log:

Stardate: 20220226

9BD91D3A-46EC-4A82-9276-A4FD30433D5B.thumb.jpeg.486f519e56364e9ee2ee5d9e86a98fda.jpeg

This one was Lettuce, Ham, Swiss, and Ham with Mayo (I think). And some crisps. Looks like the barbecue Pringles had run out. 

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

My oldest told me yesterday that one of her best friends was killed in a car accident over the weekend. My heart hurts for her. I am headed down to see her tomorrow for a little bit, then I have to run home and work 8pm - 2am. it will be a long day, but if it helps my oldest it will be worth every minute.

Wow that's bad.

My sympathies for her loss.

• Like 3

so yesterday, I waited all day for an overnight package I ordered to arrive by FedEx.  It was supposed to arrive by 8pm. At 7pm, I went and checked the tracking on it, just to see if it was delivered, and I wasn't seeing it on my porch or something.  Tracking says that the delivery has been delayed, and it will be delivered tomorrow (today).  I call FedEx to get them to send a message to the regional center emphasizing that I need this package today.  I've done this before, it generally works. 

Only the customer service agent I'm talking to refuses to do that, tells me that her system shows it's out for delivery, and that I will have it by 8pm.   Eight PM comes and goes. As I expected, no package. Fine. Whatever. 

Go to check it this morning, and it is showing out for delivery again. Good.   A little while later I log into my FedEx account to track a package for a customer of mine, and notice there is a mystery tracking number saying label created.  I click on it, and it's a return label for my package to go back to the shipper. 

So I call up FedEx again. Again, I'm assured the package will arrive today by 8pm. Agent can't explain the return label - all she does is assure me the package will be delivered today. I do manage to get her to send a message to the local office/driver emphasizing that I need the package today.   She then agrees to transfer me to another department who can tell me the source of the return label.  Wait on hold ten minutes, then get transferred to an end of call survey before being hung up on. 

That's how my Wednesday is going.  How's yours? 

• Sad 13

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

so yesterday, I waited all day for an overnight package I ordered to arrive by FedEx.  It was supposed to arrive by 8pm. At 7pm, I went and checked the tracking on it, just to see if it was delivered, and I wasn't seeing it on my porch or something.  Tracking says that the delivery has been delayed, and it will be delivered tomorrow (today).  I call FedEx to get them to send a message to the regional center emphasizing that I need this package today.  I've done this before, it generally works. 

Only the customer service agent I'm talking to refuses to do that, tells me that her system shows it's out for delivery, and that I will have it by 8pm.   Eight PM comes and goes. As I expected, no package. Fine. Whatever. 

Go to check it this morning, and it is showing out for delivery again. Good.   A little while later I log into my FedEx account to track a package for a customer of mine, and notice there is a mystery tracking number saying label created.  I click on it, and it's a return label for my package to go back to the shipper. 

So I call up FedEx again. Again, I'm assured the package will arrive today by 8pm. Agent can't explain the return label - all she does is assure me the package will be delivered today. I do manage to get her to send a message to the local office/driver emphasizing that I need the package today.   She then agrees to transfer me to another department who can tell me the source of the return label.  Wait on hold ten minutes, then get transferred to an end of call survey before being hung up on. 

That's how my Wednesday is going.  How's yours? 

That's insane. I don't understand how they can do that. Good luck.

For my end, my body is fighting me when it comes to sleep. Over the past year, I've been going to bed exhausted or just physically tired. Now that I'm not wearing down my parts, my body seems to be be wanting me to be pushed to the edge before I can fall asleep. And I'm already taking OTC stuff to help me bed down. So, I ordered food, I'm going to do dishes, and then I'm going to crash. Hard.

Now, I need to start tracking down more raygun gothic looking drones for some Last Days: Zombie Apocalypse goodness. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

17 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I have no idea when or how I managed to sign up for these migraines, but I'd like to stop the free trial now please :zombie: Thank goodness I don't get ones that bad very often. 

I even managed to drag myself out of bed to see the dawn, which is always a bonus.

There's your problem right there, getting up at dawn.  As a long time migraine victim, I can sympathize.  There are many triggers, I hope you figure out yours soon. 

• Like 4

Ugh. That feeling when the customer you're dealing with is:
A) Smart and skilled enough to do more tasks than the average customer
but

B) Lazy enough to take shortcuts and cut corners, if you can get them to do the requested tasks at all. 

• Sad 9

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Don't rush me sonny, you rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. 

Who was asking fer miracles?   It weren’t me.  But…

If yer gonna work a miracle make @Kuroneko’s migraines go away. Take enough time to get it right. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Who was asking fer miracles?   It weren’t me.  But…

If yer gonna work a miracle make @Kuroneko’s migraines go away. Take enough time to get it right. 

This is the randomness thread; I added some randomness to it in the form of a random quote. This one happens to be from The Princess Bride.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Haha 8