Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:
5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

..and I don't know what happened next 'cause my alarm clock went off!

So what happens after that is the lion calmly walks over to your car, berates you for being out of uniform, then grabs you by the scruff of the neck, and hauls you before the Command Master Chief where you share hot fudge sundaes with a flock of flamingos. 

@Chaoswolf

I would happily trade with you. I woke up from a dream this morning that involved a spider, with long, spindly, orange and black legs, various neon colors on its body, …but the disturbing part was the lobster pincers and the way it stubbornly refused to die. 

:ph34r:

Spiders don’t usually have lobster pincers do they -?- not even Australian ones, right?

• Like 6

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Well that was mildly disturbing.

Since the weather is nice today I attacked the garden a bit, and managed to dig up a clowns nose.

No other clown remains have been unearthed ...yet.

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-03 190948.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, TGP said:

@Chaoswolf

I would happily trade with you. I woke up from a dream this morning that involved a spider, with long, spindly, orange and black legs, various neon colors on its body, …but the disturbing part was the lobster pincers and the way it stubbornly refused to die. 

:ph34r:

Spiders don’t usually have lobster pincers do they -?- not even Australian ones, right?

<shiver> Sounds as frightening as the dreams I occasionally have about horseshoe crabs.   I have never encountered a horseshoe crab in person, and I'm not afraid or disturbed by them when I'm awake, but every now and then they show up in my dreams to attack and torment me. 

So this just happened:
(but first I have to go back to Monday)

Tech A: I'm taking Thu & Fri off

Tech B: I have a dentist appointment Thu morning

Management: Kristof, can you cover phones Thu morning

Me: Sure. 

So this morning several calls come in for Tech A, knowing he's out until Monday, I take them.  One was a follow up to a previous call the customer had had with Tech A. I need some info to resolve, so I wait until Tech B gets in from his appointment.

Me: Do you have any knowledge of this? 
Tech B: Yeah, I helped Tech A do X
Me: OK, so there is an issue (describe issue)
Tech B: Why are you asking me this? Tech A is here. 

So Tech A changed his plans and came in to work this morning, but didn't tell me nor unforward the phones nor answer any of the emails directed at him - he just happily let me believe he was off. :grr:

I dumped his calls all back in his lap, even though I'm pretty sure I can solve a couple of them quicker than he can, and was going to do so before this.  

• Sad 9

8 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

<shiver> Sounds as frightening as the dreams I occasionally have about horseshoe crabs.   I have never encountered a horseshoe crab in person, and I'm not afraid or disturbed by them when I'm awake, but every now and then they show up in my dreams to attack and torment me. 

That is the first time I've heard of horseshoe crabs as the subject of nightmares. I mean they barely do anything. just kind of walk around looking like a chitin shovel.

• Like 6

I am partial to Hillshire Farms’ lunch meats because of my thrift. They come from the store in a small container that has a well fitting lid. Works super well to reuse as leftover boxes (free tip fer ya). Finished off one box today and was decommissioning it (pulling off the hot glued label; seriously look at them next time). Noticed some writing on the bottom. Quite a bit actually. 

Normal stuff. Volumes, patents. Turns out they are top rack dishwasher safe too. And microwaveable, which leads to the warning:

Container may be hot if microwaved.

Pretty sure that’s the point. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

That is the first time I've heard of horseshoe crabs as the subject of nightmares. I mean they barely do anything. just kind of walk around looking like a chitin shovel.

I know, right? But for some reason, them and trilobites show up in my (fortunately infrequent) nightmares more often than not, usually in fast moving hordes that devour everything in their path like some sort of locust. That's why TGPs spider with lobster claws made me think of them - so improbable. 

• Like 5

Just now, kristof65 said:

I know, right? But for some reason, them and trilobites show up in my (fortunately infrequent) nightmares more often than not, usually in fast moving hordes that devour everything in their path like some sort of locust. That's why TGPs spider with lobster claws made me think of them - so improbable. 

so... horseshoe crabs as necron scarabs?

• Like 5

On 3/1/2022 at 5:12 PM, haldir said:

Your problem is, that is WAAAAY TO CLEAN!!! :lol:

Interesting setup, what's the light?

i bought it at Walmart. : forget the lumms. the wood was just scrap i had laying around.

• Like 5

Two guys walk into a bar and order lunch. "What brings you guys in today?" the bartender asks. "I guess you haven't heard yet. The mayor passed a law yesterday to try to help out local restaurants during COVID-19. All adult males are required to go and eat lunch out with their best male friends at least once a week" one of the guys answers the bartender. "Well, it's not a law really" the other guy corrects him. "It's more of a mandate".

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sumbloke said:

Two guys walk into a bar and order lunch. "What brings you guys in today?" the bartender asks. "I guess you haven't heard yet. The mayor passed a law yesterday to try to help out local restaurants during COVID-19. All adult males are required to go and eat lunch out with their best male friends at least once a week" one of the guys answers the bartender. "Well, it's not a law really" the other guy corrects him. "It's more of a mandate".

<facepalm> <groan>

I am so using this one...

• Haha 10

On 3/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, kristof65 said:

That's how my Wednesday is going.  How's yours? 

Still on going from Monday. We had a septic back up. Okay, checked the spetic tank, seemed there was an issue, so we got it pumped. Issue was not at tank, had second back up. Got plumbers snake, yesterday. Got it stuck last night, had to move hot water tank this morning. (Thursday, but also still Monday) and had plumber guy over, got snake out. They tried to snake it again. Snake is stuck again. We still don't know what the problem is, and now we need to open the cement floor. We are not having fun. We now have no septic, and no hot water.  And I really need a shower, or maybe a hot bath and a cold whisky, which might be possible...tomorrow....maybe.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 11

Got a couple more boxes still packed from the move unpacked today and in the process solved the mystery of the missing silverware, mostly forks.

We've been short on forks ever since we moved and now I know why.

The box they were found in was marked "heavy" but not marked "kitchen" so was assumed to be books and knick-knacks, and therefore stuff that could be ignored until we get ready to start filling book cases.

Dishwasher is humming away, washing the now found silverware and the extra plates that were making up most of the weight.

@ShadowRaven plumbing problems are never fun and all too often, expensive.  May your problem be solved swiftly and at minimum expense.

GEM

Spoiler

Nothing to see here, I have no idea why this spoiler decided to place itself here.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles, so many Tentacles
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I tried to do the primer on the commission mini this morning. The fumes from the primer (brush on) gave me a headache after about 15 minutes. I've never had brush on primer that is so fume-y before.

In other news, I'm home alone. Husband had errands to run and I'm not feeling well so I didn't go with him. The house is, almost, uncomfortably quiet. I'd listen to something but, y'know, headache...

• Sad 7