Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

3 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I tried to do the primer on the commission mini this morning. The fumes from the primer (brush on) gave me a headache after about 15 minutes. I've never had brush on primer that is so fume-y before.

In other news, I'm home alone. Husband had errands to run and I'm not feeling well so I didn't go with him. The house is, almost, uncomfortably quiet. I'd listen to something but, y'know, headache...

Try something classical, on very low volume. 

... maybe not Beethoven. ^^'

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I tried to do the primer on the commission mini this morning. The fumes from the primer (brush on) gave me a headache after about 15 minutes. I've never had brush on primer that is so fume-y before.

In other news, I'm home alone. Husband had errands to run and I'm not feeling well so I didn't go with him. The house is, almost, uncomfortably quiet. I'd listen to something but, y'know, headache...

For the record, what primer are you using?

Also, do you have a window cracked open and a fan running?

GEM

Who is well aware of how certain odors can act as a trigger.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

For the record, what primer are you using?

Also, do you have a window cracked open and a fan running?

GEM

Who is well aware of how certain odors can act as a trigger.

It's Stynylrez. I should have been using my fan, I rearranged my desk and forgot to put it back. I can't open windows due to cat and lack of screens.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Still on going from Monday. We had a septic back up. Okay, checked the spetic tank, seemed there was an issue, so we got it pumped. Issue was not at tank, had second back up. Got plumbers snake, yesterday. Got it stuck last night, had to move hot water tank this morning. (Thursday, but also still Monday) and had plumber guy over, got snake out. They tried to snake it again. Snake is stuck again. We still don't know what the problem is, and now we need to open the cement floor. We are not having fun. We now have no septic, and no hot water.  And I really need a shower, or maybe a hot bath and a cold whisky, which might be possible...tomorrow....maybe.

Our water heater has been out since last Thursday night. We have been using our electric kettle to heat water and mix with cold water to splash... One month into the new house and the house warranty is being sluggish about the issue. =/

• Sad 12

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

Our water heater has been out since last Thursday night. We have been using our electric kettle to heat water and mix with cold water to splash... One month into the new house and the house warranty is being sluggish about the issue. =/

There seems to be a rash of plumbing/water related problems here lately.

My question is, who managed to make the Water Demons/Elementals upset?

GEM

• Like 4

Found out today that we'll be doing an building shuffle at work. Always dislike those moves, and the fact that I've only spent a month in the building for the last two years isn't helping. I really don't know my way around there even now.

But good news is that it sounds like we'll all be getting offices rather than cubicles. That's something I'd never guess we'd get. Fun.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Well that was mildly disturbing.

Since the weather is nice today I attacked the garden a bit, and managed to dig up a clowns nose.

No other clown remains have been unearthed ...yet.

My mind went to two different places with this:

1. You you want ghost clowns? Because this is how you get ghost clowns...

2. Perhaps an angry wife had enough of her husband wearing a clown getup and buried it to keep it away from him.

One is a horror movie just waiting to happen and the other is a sitcom plot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

There seems to be a rash of plumbing/water related problems here lately.

My question is, who managed to make the Water Demons/Elementals upset?

GEM

Not me!!

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Found out today that we'll be doing an building shuffle at work. Always dislike those moves, and the fact that I've only spent a month in the building for the last two years isn't helping. I really don't know my way around there even now.

But good news is that it sounds like we'll all be getting offices rather than cubicles. That's something I'd never guess we'd get. Fun.

Congratulations!

Have a good Friday, everyone.

• Like 3