Jump to content

Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye


Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

Ugnugh...why can't today be tomorrow.  I really didn't want to get up.  Then I got in here to work and EVERYONE else is working from home today, even both of my bosses.  This office is kind of creepy when I'm the only one here.

  • Sad 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

There seems to be a rash of plumbing/water related problems here lately.

My question is, who managed to make the Water Demons/Elementals upset?

GEM

Seems like it’s less the water spirits and more the mechanical spirits.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Posted (edited)

Happy National Employee Appreciation day!

 

I found out about it when someone left a mini bundt cake (cupcake size) on my workbench while I was gone collecting parts for the job I'm about to start.

 

I got lemon with cream cheese frosting. 

 

It may be silly, but it's little things like this that make me enjoy working here. 

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Seems like it’s less the water spirits and more the mechanical spirits.

...... Well my new phone will not turn on, so you may be on to something. 

 

So you know how my Friday is going, plus I have to get up early and go to work for the next 2 days. 5 -10 and 5-2. then the week of spring break, my boss decides she needs a vacation... all week long..... so there goes any chance I could go somewhere with the family. In her defense, she has put in a lot of hours since she took over, however that was the job she wanted, so I do not have that much sympathy for her. 

 

I got a new book, I will post pictures in the DoA thread later. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Ugnugh...why can't today be tomorrow.  I really didn't want to get up.  Then I got in here to work and EVERYONE else is working from home today, even both of my bosses.  This office is kind of creepy when I'm the only one here.

This is your golden opportunity to swap all the office chairs around in some random fashion. Or maybe swap the trash cans. 


 

 

19 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

 

I got a new book, I will post pictures in the DoA thread later. 

Books are better than phones. Who ever heard of a book that won’t turn on?

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I was complaining to Mum about Grump's currywurst, and she put it in perspective for me.

 

When I was BD's age, my favorite meal was Spaghetti-Os, with chopped up hot dog in.

 

This is Grump's version of BD's version of Spaghetti-Os with chopped up hot dog in.

 

Now I kind of want to try it over pasta. If I can find pasta in tiny rings. Curry-Os, with chopped up hot dog in!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:
10 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

There seems to be a rash of plumbing/water related problems here lately.

My question is, who managed to make the Water Demons/Elementals upset?

GEM

Seems like it’s less the water spirits and more the mechanical spirits.

Is that the mysterious  Omnissiah thing Pezler was on about?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LMAO

Customer who constantly thinks he knows more than we do programmed some "discounts" into his system to give customers between $2 and $8 off the price of a wash. 

But he did it wrong, and instead those discount codes are giving free washes away.   And he didn't notice until he had given away 1100 washes - over $12k worth.   All because he didn't want to pay the $95 programming charge. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

LMAO

Customer who constantly thinks he knows more than we do programmed some "discounts" into his system to give customers between $2 and $8 off the price of a wash. 

But he did it wrong, and instead those discount codes are giving free washes away.   And he didn't notice until he had given away 1100 washes - over $12k worth.   All because he didn't want to pay the $95 programming charge. 

Occasionally, arrogance provides its own punishment.

GEM

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Occasionally, arrogance provides its own punishment.

GEM

And I love it when it does. 

To make this even funnier, it's obvious he didn't even test his programming, because the issue revealed itself right away.  Nope, instead he generated a couple thousand of these "discount" codes and sent them out to his customers without testing if they even worked correctly. 

But sadly, he's probably not going to accept responsibility for his mistake, and try to get someone else to cover his losses. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been working on a cooperative story idea... Thing... With a few people and it's reminding me why I don't do this anymore. Right now, there's seven people involved but only three of us are really working on it. Of course, some of those already said they were busy, so I'm cool with kind of leaving them behind on the world building but I also worry about losing them as we might agree on something they don't like or they might feel like we don't want their input. That said, it's one of those "you get out what you put in" kind of thing, so I'm not letting it get to me.

And now I have a few things to pick up with the money I got from my tax return. :ph34r:

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...